ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US H1-B NonImmigrant Visa Interview Questions - London Embsy

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srinivas9
Newly Registered

I have interview on AUG 9th

Post by srinivas9 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:27 am

Please any one can give me some tips...

thanks in advance,
srinivas.

UK2US
Newly Registered

HIB interview

Post by UK2US » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi srnivas,

I am aslo planing to take interview in last week of aug. can i have you no , so that we will share our knowledge or experience.
cheers,

Raghav.

kal

Post by kal » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:29 pm

Hi Friends,

I attended my interview and I am told to go to India for interview and reason was - my degree from Andhra University cannot be evaluate here so I have to go to india for the H1 Interview.

so friends, becareful if ur employer filed ur petition on the any degree(grad/PG) which U did in India, may have to attend interview in India.

can anyone advice me on the employers who can sponsor my Work Permit here in UK

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:33 pm

kal..

sorry to hearthat..
what did your I797 said.. london?
THANKS

kal

Post by kal » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks man,

can be a bit clear pls.
after getting my papers I booked my interview in London, that was the outcome of my interview.

Kal
easylife4me wrote:kal..

sorry to hearthat..
what did your I797 said.. london?

erviraj21
Newly Registered

H1B from US embassy london

Post by erviraj21 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 pm

Hiya,

I got my H1B interview in september 1st week from London US embassy.

I hve done my B.E.IT from Guja Uni. at India and Masters in International HR from London South Bank University. My question is even i got background study IT, i have done Masters in HR and i'll have IGS scheme work permit but now I m on student visa. but luckily I have worked IN BBC and STHree International(still working) I hv been working through my dissertation period and still working so I am going to show technical back. on Resume even its HR.

Do I still need to show payslips and bank statements? Is there anything i need to be careful?

Pls Let me know,

Rajvi

kal

Re: H1B from US embassy london

Post by kal » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 am

Hi Rajvi,

It entirely depend upon the Visa Officer, they may or may not ask for the payslips and bankstatements, but for just be in safeside, get all the documents

All the documents sent by ur employer(US)
All ur original certificates
DS forms
Photos
experience letters
payslips
bankstatements
and all other documents which U think need them to support any claim or any answer.

All the best

Kal
erviraj21 wrote:Hiya,

I got my H1B interview in september 1st week from London US embassy.

I hve done my B.E.IT from Guja Uni. at India and Masters in International HR from London South Bank University. My question is even i got background study IT, i have done Masters in HR and i'll have IGS scheme work permit but now I m on student visa. but luckily I have worked IN BBC and STHree International(still working) I hv been working through my dissertation period and still working so I am going to show technical back. on Resume even its HR.

Do I still need to show payslips and bank statements? Is there anything i need to be careful?

Pls Let me know,

Rajvi

erviraj21
Newly Registered

Post by erviraj21 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi huys,

AS i posted earlier that i got interview today in London embassy for H1B, and I hv done B.E.IT frm india so they can't evaluate it here and they ask me to go india. How shame I have done Master here frm good uni. but in Management and applied for H1 on Bachelor India, so hv to go india for stamping now.

Can any one tell me, if v r scheduling H1B appointment in India then would we come under refusal case? as they don't stamp rejection on passport just give one later like NIV221g saying additional info. required.

Pls advice i want to book India appointment.

Any one have experience about it?

Rajvi

kal

Re: H1B from US embassy london

Post by kal » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:14 am

Hi Raj

no this is not the refused case, just that U need to atttend interview in India that's it.

for more information how to book an appointment in India visit
https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx. As U have got 221(g) u need to careful this time, U need to get all the required documents, just look for diff. documents being asked by the Visa Officer in India, don't give them any chance now.

All the best.
kal

erviraj21 wrote:Hi huys,

AS i posted earlier that i got interview today in London embassy for H1B, and I hv done B.E.IT frm india so they can't evaluate it here and they ask me to go india. How shame I have done Master here frm good uni. but in Management and applied for H1 on Bachelor India, so hv to go india for stamping now.

Can any one tell me, if v r scheduling H1B appointment in India then would we come under refusal case? as they don't stamp rejection on passport just give one later like NIV221g saying additional info. required.

Pls advice i want to book India appointment.

Any one have experience about it?

Rajvi

erviraj21
Newly Registered

Post by erviraj21 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:10 pm

Thanks Kal,

However, it says on 221g that i do not need to pay fees but on mumbai embassy 1st you have to pay fees at HDFC bank online then u have schedule the interview and then we have to submit docs at ahmedabad or mumbai 3-4 days before the visa interview.

Any one know that 1 week stay in India would be possible for these process? As I am working here after my masters) and visa expiring in 32st Oct 07. i can convert it to 1 year work permit under IGS scheme but still i think what if i'll go in end of sept to india for stamping?

Pls let me know if any one has similar experince to share.

Cheers,
Rajvi

kal

Post by kal » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi Raj,

U have to pay the fee, and this is for the interview.
next U can extend ur IGS no problem but try to find the available dates and book a date which wll make ur life easy, well U have to go to india so plan properly and try to comeback before last week of Oct, so that U will have chance to attend interview here for IGS, butmake sure that U book ur appointment with HomeOffice in UK in advance.

All the best.

yogesh393
Newly Registered

Interview Help

Post by yogesh393 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Hi All

Can anyone tell me what is appropriate time to go for H-1 Visa as I was thinking that we can only go in or after October. I have got my H1B approved in June this year and going to book appointment in London Office. Also, Which High Commission is best for max chances of approval. e.g London, Glasgow or India. Do these guys contact previous employer e.g 3 yr old employer to confirm exp letter validity. Because I need to tell my old employer in adv to make sure he keeps my record.

Thanks

vegetablevn
Newly Registered

Post by vegetablevn » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:19 am

kal wrote:Hi dolphin_m70

well there will not be any technical interview I guess,
so when are U scheduled for the interview????

do U know any of your frineds attended the interview recently??

keep us posted

bye
Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: Employer interview questions
Pls try to keep posting.Tks and best regards