ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP: To accompany/to join

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA FP: To accompany/to join

Post by chaoclive » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Super - You were really lucky! Well done :):)

tomaquet
Newly Registered

Post by tomaquet » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:49 pm

I have the same problem. I'm travelling this friday to the UK from Spain, and due to last minute work obligations, my wife will travel the following tuesday with her EEA family permit with the dreaded "to acc [myname]".

Could someone please (probably chaoclive or Mrs.mdeben) send me a copy of that email [email removed] from the European Ops Team stating that by law they should let her in? I'm not so worried she won't be let in if she gets to the UK - I'm more worried that Easyjet won't let her board the plane like in the Danish case.

Also, if others have add any experience please let us know how it went.

Cheers, T
Last edited by tomaquet on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomaquet
Newly Registered

Post by tomaquet » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Chaoclive sent me a copy of the email he received - thanks very much!

I also rang the Gatwick Border Force to confirm that she can travel alone (as long as Im already in the UK, and better if I can meet her at the airport). They also said that Easyjet could ring the number to ask to speak to someone there if they were unsure. Interestingly he said that they still can't force the airlines to accept the passenger so I guess the key is to stay patient and calm and be friendly to them otherwise they'll find some other excuse not to take you.

Thanks for all your help!

T

Sleiman
Newly Registered

Post by Sleiman » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 am

I have just been denied access through Ryanair to Birmingham and I wanted to enquire about the rightfulness of Ryanair's decision.

I'm a Lebanese citizen, married to a Spanish citizen and holder of a Spanish permanent residency card.
I have applied and obtained an EEA Family permit
We are both physicians and have job offers from the NHS starting in 2 weeks.
We have a very young baby girl and my wife cares for her and so cannot accompany me to look for house, furnish it, etc etc..
I traveled without her on the 29th of November with a prior EEA Permit, with no problems,
Today i wished to travel again to receive the keys of the house, furnish it, contract all the utilities... , before my wife and our baby girl move in to the house this same week.
However, on the passport control desk of Ryanair in Barcelona (Spain), they denied me right to boarding, alleging that I cannot travel if i'm not accompanied by my wife during the trip (In contradiction to what had happened on the 29th of November, when I entered the alone, also traveling with Ryanair) They supported this decision to a call they supposedly made to the immigration authorities at Birmingham, these same authorities that let me pass without any hindrance or question on the 29th of November. They haven't provided any proof of this decision nor the call, and didn't even allow me to explain myself to the immigration authorities they supposedly called.

I have a rent contract under the both of us, letters of employment for the both of us, her boarding pass for her upcoming flight this week, etc etc..

Are Ryanair right in their decision? Can I travel alone and then be joined by my wife? can i present a claim against ryanair? I'm also waiting on the Home office to answer my enquiry and will keep you posted.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:23 am

Please continue in your other thread. Multiple posting causes confusion.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1293246
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.