ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my visa decision has been put on hold !!! plz help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Funky marky
Newly Registered

Re: my visa decision has been put on hold !!! plz help

Post by Funky marky » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Hi Iamy and indiangirl,

My wife is now in the Uk the passport came in time with the Visa thankfully I would suggest if you need the reply sooner for example time running out on ur current visa contact your local MP office. The email address on the letter was answered by the home office but this is not a normal process it seems.

We will need to reapply in 2.5 years time hopefully things will be smoother. If it's been passed the normal 12 weeks or processing time for your application, your local MP office can enquire on your behalf.

Indiangirl If you have a contact in Mumbai home office and have a tracking number you can try enquiring and informing them when it was delivered if you have the proof of delivery, there is no set time and you just have to be patient unfortunately.

Good luck to both of you :-)

lamy
Newly Registered

Post by lamy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:21 am

Hi funky iam happy for u guys , that's a good news
We didnt send the papers yet , cuz the accountant made some mistakes wich the lawyer didn't accept so we r waiting the accountant now to make every thing as the lawyer asked
So hopefully next week my husband will send 'em
My application still on hold thou ...

Plz want to ask u , how long it tooks ur wife to get her passport & visa after u sent the letter ????

How was the process with uk border in the airport ?
Do they ask of any documents or evidance expect Visa??

Thank u so much u been very helpful
enjoy ur married life together ....

Funky marky
Newly Registered

Post by Funky marky » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Hi Iamy,

The total time for the application from when she had her appointment to getting the visa was:
29th April-She attended the visa centre to submit the application and documents.
25th May we received the letter from home office advising the application was on hold.
2nd June our letter was received at the home office.
22nd July we received the email advising the visa was granted.
My wife received her passport with the visa on 25th July.

Hopefully that answers your question?
We had no issues at the border or passport control, my wife had to fill in the arrival card as usual and show her visa. She has visited a few times so they already had her fingerprints on file.

Hope you get the documents sent soon :-)