ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

granting spousal visa for overstayer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apinan
Newly Registered

Re: granting spousal visa for overstayer

Post by apinan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:56 pm

MPH80 wrote:
apinan wrote:is this the figure to look for on the self assessment ?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/sa103f.pdf

net profit or loss , at number 47 on the assessment.

so i know what to look for.
AIUI - it's box 76 - the 'taxable profit'.

If you read the guidance for sole traders (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 140324.pdf) it specifically uses that phrase.

For everyone else's benefit - the difference with sole trader is that the company and the person are one and the same thing.

So if the company earns X - the person also earns X. But the sole trader has expenses they can offset against their profit - mobile phone/transport etc. Those all come out before tax.

As such - the taxable income is the critical thing for a sole trader to put them on the same level as an employed person. E.g. it's the amount of money before the personal allowances are considered.

For a company director - it's actually easier to distinguish how much they are earning because it's the amount of money taken from the business directly by that individual and since there are payslips and dividend vouchers to see - it's easy.
Thanks mate.

Will have a look when I get password to HMRC 'so site

apinan
Newly Registered

Post by apinan » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:58 pm

mimieangel wrote:Hi just to give you a bit of encouragement. I had overstayed my visa by 8 years, came here as student, tried to renew failed applied for asylum failed so returned to my home country on end of April and my spouse visa was issued in 28days. Been married to my husband since 2011 and my husband is self employed (sole trader). We submitted am income of just below £19000 and it was fine. The key is to have a chartered accountant do your books for the year you are relying on and also make sure you get an SA302 from HMRC. Am sure you are aware of all other supporting documents required.
Thanks for that.

Hope your happy and settling in well

apinan
Newly Registered

Post by apinan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:38 pm

just finalized my figures to submit in October for HMRC to work out my tax

Total income £ 27,229.00

Expenses £ 7,099.54
Profit £ 20,129.46

as long as the profit is entered in box 76 and my accountant doesn't claim anything else i should be OK.

if i apply in jan 2015 i should have the S300 to hand,

plus all the other documents, and a copy of the return before submitting.

thats one thing done.

edit...

(h) One of the following documents must also be submitted:
(i)
(aa) If the business is required to produce annual audited accounts,such accounts for the last full financial year
; or
(bb) If the business is not required to produce annual audited accounts,unaudited accounts for the last full financial year
and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation, from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006
);
(ii) A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or print -out)
confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000
or
was in excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year
;
(iii) Evidence to show appropriate planning permission or local planning authority consent is
held to operate the type/class of business at the trading address (where this is a local authority requirement); or
(iv) A franchise agreement signed by both parties.

would this be the accounts my accountant sends me to sign then gives me a copy ?

I dont have any of the others,not VAT registered.

am i annual audited or not ?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Audited accounts are provided by a second entity. So if you have accounts made by one accountant - an auditor will check them over.

Since you don't appear to have this - you fall into category BB - which means you can use your accounts (provided you aren't legally required to have them audited - which you'd know by now if you did) and your accountant is a member of a required body.

apinan
Newly Registered

Post by apinan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:42 pm

MPH80 wrote:Audited accounts are provided by a second entity. So if you have accounts made by one accountant - an auditor will check them over.

Since you don't appear to have this - you fall into category BB - which means you can use your accounts (provided you aren't legally required to have them audited - which you'd know by now if you did) and your accountant is a member of a required body.
Thanks mate.. I just get normal accounts every year

Nobody audits them.

And my accountant is chartered.

So these are what they want.

Good that's cleared up