ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Protest against the life in the uk test

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:27 am

avjones wrote:IME, the roads in the UK are pretty good, compared with almost everywhere else I've been!
What about those you have not been? Lol!!! Just a Wednesday morning humour. :D :lol: :P :evil:

Have you tried Toronto (The QE Highway, The Jersey Turnpike, The Autobarn (not sure of the spelling) in Germany, Genevé to Zurich motorway, Paris, Brussels, The Various Highways in NYC?)

Where have you been driving anyway? Haifa, Peckam (no potholes though!), Hackney, Liverpool or Afghanistan?

Have a nice day! :D
Praise The Lord!!!!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:38 am

avjones wrote:IME, the roads in the UK are pretty good, compared with almost everywhere else I've been!
They are the worst I have used but I think I am reacting more to the signage that pretty much tells you what exit you missedby the time you see it.

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:40 am

I think I am reacting more to the signage that pretty much tells you what exit you missedby the time you see it
:lol:

So true! Especially at the motorways... and I always thought that I was alone at it!
Last edited by Docterror on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabi

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 am

"What about those you have not been? Lol!!! Just a Wednesday morning humour. Very Happy Laughing Razz Evil or Very Mad

Have you tried Toronto (The QE Highway, The Jersey Turnpike, The Autobarn (not sure of the spelling) in Germany, Genevé to Zurich motorway, Paris, Brussels, The Various Highways in NYC?)"

None of those. Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, India, Phillipines, China, Mongolia, Ukraine, Baltic states, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania. All pretty bad in road terms (-:
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:43 am

If you live within the M25 there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to own a car. Personally I'd like to see the whole of the congestion zone in central London pedestrianised with only buses, taxis and delivery vehicles allowed in.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

tinux

Post by tinux » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:32 am

Dawie wrote:If you live within the M25 there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to own a car. Personally I'd like to see the whole of the congestion zone in central London pedestrianised with only buses, taxis and delivery vehicles allowed in.
Which drug are you on???????
I live in Wembley and to get to work . it used to take me one hour by public transport. by car it takes 30 minutes .
My son goes to school and if he mises the 7.50 bus he would be very late for school which starts at 8.35 am. by car I can take him there in 10 minutes.
So please don't tell me about CC. it is a rip off our public transport is like a sick man who is trying to give up smoking but still insist on smoking 20 a day.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 am

Why don't you and your son cycle to work and school then.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:38 am

We almost never drive anywhere in London, public transport is better and cheaper.

We cycle and walk as well, exercise as well as travel!
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

tinux

Post by tinux » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:38 pm

avjones wrote:We almost never drive anywhere in London, public transport is better and cheaper.

We cycle and walk as well, exercise as well as travel!
unfortunately it is not that possible although we do walk a lot every night. we can not cycle as we are a family of 5 including a one year old baby. Also to take public transport it would be expensive and tirying. I love my car and will never give it up. plus my Insurance is very cheap thanks to no claim bonuses.

maybe if we were in Holland it would have been Ok. but here in the Uk cyclying is not a good idea

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:11 pm

avjones wrote: None of those. Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, India, Phillipines, China, Mongolia, Ukraine, Baltic states, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania. All pretty bad in road terms (-:
And you are comparing UK with Russia, India, Phillipines etc? They are from different league, it's like comparing Man United with Dagenham and Redbridge.
Do not live your life in fear.

tinux

Post by tinux » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:20 pm

tasha75 wrote:
avjones wrote: None of those. Spain, Portugal, Poland, Russia, India, Phillipines, China, Mongolia, Ukraine, Baltic states, Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania. All pretty bad in road terms (-:
And you are comparing UK with Russia, India, Phillipines etc? They are from different league, it's like comparing Man United with Dagenham and Redbridge.
:lol: :lol: :lol: no comment