ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need suggestion on Tier 2 employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Re: Need suggestion on Tier 2 employment

Post by ravisb_2014 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:43 pm

hi frontier,
could you please help me by answering my previous queries ? sorry to ask you so many queries, but please suggest.

renuagar84
Newly Registered

Post by renuagar84 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Porus wrote:HI Renu,
Your husband cannot move from T2ICT to T2General without a cooling off of 1 year. However before his visa expires if you get a sponsor for T2General then he can do an in country switch from T2ICT to T2General dependent and find employment from any company in UK. Once you have got T2G your clock starts from zero and you can opt for ILR route after completing stipulated years and having required salary (check this site for more details on ILR route for T2G)
Thanks Porus

This is very useful. Hence, if I can get a sponsor for my visa who sponsors my tier 2 general, I will be able to apply for a Tier 2 General in country and also my husband can apply to be my dependent and his visa category will change to Tier 2 General.

In such a case, we can both change jobs without issues and the clock for ILR will also start. Please confirm.

Also, can you please suggest me some employer who would be willing to sponsor my tier 2 visa in country.

Regards
Ajay

renuagar84
Newly Registered

Post by renuagar84 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Porus wrote:HI Renu,
Your husband cannot move from T2ICT to T2General without a cooling off of 1 year. However before his visa expires if you get a sponsor for T2General then he can do an in country switch from T2ICT to T2General dependent and find employment from any company in UK. Once you have got T2G your clock starts from zero and you can opt for ILR route after completing stipulated years and having required salary (check this site for more details on ILR route for T2G)
Thanks Porus

This is very useful. Hence, if I can get a sponsor for my visa who sponsors my tier 2 general, I will be able to apply for a Tier 2 General in country and also my husband can apply to be my dependent and his visa category will change to Tier 2 General.

In such a case, we can both change jobs without issues and the clock for ILR will also start. Please confirm.

Also, can you please suggest me some employer who would be willing to sponsor my tier 2 visa in country.

Regards
Renu