ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set (M) section 3

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brian1969
Newly Registered

ILR sent off.

Post by brian1969 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:57 am

Hi

ILR was sent off yesterday. We did a document checking service at our local council.

The woman was quiet friendly and helpful. But

The about of documents they tell you to save and apply with is not true. We had loads of documents and bills going back the 2 years and she only sent off only about 12, she would only use one document for 1 item, so if you had 24 monthly telephone bills going back 2 years, all she did was sent just 1 off. I found this a bit strange but she said it was fine. She also didn't send off my old divorce papers as she said they already have a copy of this when my wife application for her residents permit and the same for the marriage certificate. But she seemed to know what she was doing and talking about, she said why send stuff off that has not changed that they already have. So lets see if she was right.

So we came back with loads of out documents that were never used. But she was happy with what we had and said she could not see any problems with our application.

Just a word of advise about documents, we was told we could use any post that come to our address in our names including junk mail. This is not true, she said junk mail can not be used, even holiday insurance in both our name was not allowed, so be careful what you save for proof.

Now the waiting begins, she said it can take up to 16 weeks, so lets see shall we.

Now the document checking service did cost us £90 but we thought it was worth it, as she checked all the application, photo copied our passports (so we get them back), and also other documents too like the life in the uk test and English exam were photo copied and given back. Also she checked that we had everything we needed and gave advise too.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: ILR sent off.

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 am

She was correct about the amount of documents. As a guide, you only need one document for each 4 month period throughout the 2 years if in joint names, or 2 documents (12) if in single names. In the absence of other documents, anything showing name and post code would be accepted.
I disagree with not including the divorce certificate. Form SET(M) states:
2.23 If you have answered ‘Yes’ to question 2.21 or 2.22, please provide details.You must provide original copies of divorce or dissolution of civil partnership.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:29 am

She would not accept any other documents with out names and address on it, no junk mail or other mail.

Well its too late now about my divorce papers now application was sent yesterday afternoon by her, i guess if they need them they will request them i guess and we will have to post them to them, is that correct.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:02 am

She's right that any correspondence would need to show both name and address.

If further docs are required you should be contacted, which is a benefit of applying by post.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 am

Thanks for the reply CASA

She was quiet adamant that we didnt have to sent off marriage certificate and my divorce papers again as these were supplied when my wife was granted her resident permit, she said they had these already on file and was not worth sending off again.

I will be quiet unhappy if she is wrong, but if they require them then we can always just post them to them if they request them.

They wont refuse it if these documents are missing will they ??????

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:44 am

No. You'll be given the opportunity to submit them if required.
(Casa, not CR001)

brian1969
Newly Registered

ILR granted.

Post by brian1969 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:34 am

Hi

We got our letter yesterday to say my wife's ILR has been granted, was just over 12 weeks to be granted. We just have to wait for her permit to be sent to us. Would like to thanks everyone who has helped over the last 3 years.

Here is a time line for you

6th August Document checking service

14th August confirmation letter received.

Week later biometrics requested.

17th November ILR granted, just waiting for permit.

After a long 3 years will now be able to get some government help in helping my wife to get a job.

Thanks again