ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR reffered to Tier 1 @PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

Re: Can I submit new supporting evidence in Appeal

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Reconsideration is quicker, and give a decision maker an opportunity to deal with case working error.

You can apply for reconsideration and appeal, but you cannot appeal and reapply.

I can see why some solicitor are advising to appeal only. It gets them more money from you.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

neo25500
Newly Registered

Post by neo25500 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Thx but in my case can I go for reconsideration with this new evidence my visa is already expired and they have fgiven me right of appeal....if they dont reconsider thn I ll go for appeal???

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:31 pm

neo25500 wrote:Thx but in my case can I go for reconsideration with this new evidence my visa is already expired and they have fgiven me right of appeal....if they dont reconsider thn I ll go for appeal???
What do u think caseworkers r free and waiting for your reconsideration request?

It can take 4 weeks to 3 months. In some cases they don't give a damn to reconsider your request even they don't bother to reply u that they r not considering it.

U have 10 working days to appeal if u don't appeal and late appeal than u better now what can happen to your immigration status
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 pm

neo25500 wrote:Thx but in my case can I go for reconsideration with this new evidence my visa is already expired and they have fgiven me right of appeal....if they dont reconsider thn I ll go for appeal???

You have to do both simultaneously.

You have 14 days to file in an appeal from the day you received the application to file in an appeal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors