ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options for Dependents when I apply for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Re: how to vary application to ILR ?

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Tue May 01, 2018 4:10 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:59 am
Ravi.Gupta wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Dear Members,

My wife applied for visa extension under ICT 2 PBS dependant category on 3 Mar 2018. In April, Home Office advised us to apply as Family Route form instead. We applied new application under Family Route on 29 Apr 2018. These application(s) is/are now pending for decision with Home Office.

In the mean time , my wife has completed 5 years after first entry in UK. we, therefore, are looking to vary our existing application to ILR. Please can we have your guidance on how do we vary application to ILR.

thanks for assistance in advance
FLR(M) was bad advice.
Vary by applying for SET(O).

thanks vinny, so is it simply me filling SET(O) form and book a in-person appointment with a covering letter explaining the situation ?

or I need to fill any extra form along with SET(O) form for varying existing application to ILR ?

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Re: how to vary application to ILR ?

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:12 am
Ravi.Gupta wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Dear Members,

My wife applied for visa extension under ICT 2 PBS dependant category on 3 Mar 2018. In April, Home Office advised us to apply as Family Route form instead. We applied new application under Family Route on 29 Apr 2018. These application(s) is/are now pending for decision with Home Office.

In the mean time , my wife has completed 5 years after first entry in UK. we, therefore, are looking to vary our existing application to ILR. Please can we have your guidance on how do we vary application to ILR.

thanks for assistance in advance
She can ONLY get ILR under PBS route if you were granted ILR under PBS Tier 2 route before.
However if you settled via long residence, she cannot settle in the UK under PBS rules. She needs to switch to FLR(M) which resets her ILR clock to zero

Thanks Zimba88, I was granted ILR under PBS Tier 2 route. and I was expecting that my wife now would apply extension under PBS dependant category only, which we did. But as mentioned before we were advised by Home office case worker that PBS dependant category was wrong . They made us fill Form for Family route.

because in the mean time, my wife has now completed 5 years I just quickly would like to vary application to ILR please .

thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Options for Dependents when I apply for ILR

Post by zimba » Wed May 02, 2018 12:07 am

Case worker was mistaken. Vary to ILR by filling SET(O) + a cover letter for the intention to vary the pending application to ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ravi.Gupta
Newly Registered

Post by Ravi.Gupta » Wed May 02, 2018 7:38 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:07 am
Case worker was mistaken. Vary to ILR by filling SET(O) + a cover letter for the intention to vary the pending application to ILR
thanks zimba88

btw, if we let this new application via Family route to carry on, and wanted to apply for ILR later. will that be possible ? hopefully getting recent leave extension via family route does not prevent wife to get later ?

thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 03, 2018 12:00 am

If they grant FLR(M), then she would have to wait for another 5 years before being eligible for SET(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.