ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement (INSTITUTE of engineers)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajaysharmanyc2006

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:13 am

HSMP_RAJA wrote:Hi Ajay,

Congrats for getting approval for your HSMP. I also did AMIE after diploma.

Small query.

You mentioned that you have used your MBA for getting the points. Did you applied based on MBA provision or AMIE? If based on AMIE, have you taken equivalency certificate from UKNARIC?

Your inputs will very much appreciated.

Regards
Raja
Raja,

When I called up UKNARIC and they confirmed that Sec A&B of The institution of engineers is equivalent to UK BE then we don't need equivalency certificate as such. You can still go ahead and get one if you want to be absolutely sure about it.
I claimed eduation points for my MBA degree whereas i used AMIE for degree course languange requirement.
the docs i sent with my application was
Diploma certificate, english medium certificate and transcript
AMIE certicate, english medium certificate and transcript

it is not necessary to send diploma cerficates but i wanted not take any chances since i was running very close to crossing my requirement deadline. I have not been working for a long time so i would have landed in trouble if they had rejected my application.
it is always to be err on the conservative side then regret later.

i got my EC approval as well.

best luck,

ajay sharma

deepakr2007
Newly Registered

Post by deepakr2007 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi Ajay and All,

I got english langauage certificate from institution. It says "medium of examination was english". But when I showed this to one of HSMP consultant he says that it should be "medium of Instruction was english". if it is "medium of examination was english" then can be one of the reason for rejection.

could please reply with content of your english language certificate.
please reply ASAP. I am ready with almost all the documents but becuase of this still I am not sure wheather I should file it. Institute cannot say in certicate that medium of instruction as it is corespondance course so it has to be medium of examination.

thanks.

newscience
Newly Registered

AMIE equivalent of BE (phone with NARIC)

Post by newscience » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 am

Hi Everybody,

I completed AMIE (Mechanical Engineering) from Institution of Engineers (India) in 1992.

I have applied for HSMP without NARIC evaluation as I had not read about different experiences with respect to AMIE of different people. After reading it, I realised that I have made mistake. I have not applied for NARIC evaluation anticipating of a rejection from HO and then preparing for reapplying later.

I called up NARIC on phone and they conveyed to me that AMIE after doing both section A and B is equivalent of Bachelors degree in Engineering.

I am now awaiting their formal document which will take atleast 15 days.
For all those who are also looking for such an evaluation, I suggest, I can upload the scanned copy of this evaluation (once I get it) to some site where all can download it. I know that HO accepts only original documents but this what maximum I can do.

I am now getting my Post Graduate qualification from NITIE, Mumbai evaluated by NARIC.

Sad to see that such highly reputed institutes also need to seek evaluation from NARIC.

for_HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by for_HSMP » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:10 am

Hello,

I have got a HSMP refusal not meeting the english requirement recently on 22nd Jan 08.

stating my AMIE is not taught the same way as in Academic study and they cannot consider this as english eligibilty.

I am wondering the statement AMIE has given ' medium of examination was english ' is a concern. hence i got rejection.

Not sure if i reapply with same set of docs , will it be approved as Ajay got it approved with supposed to be same kind of letter.

I am thinking to reapply after taking IELTS or to pursue a letter in proper format from the instituion.

However, the main concern is the changeover to Tier 1 from Feb 29...Dono how the new rules affect.

any help or thoughts are appreciated.

ajaysharmanyc2006

AMIE letter rejection

Post by ajaysharmanyc2006 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 am

for_HSMP wrote:Hello,

I have got a HSMP refusal not meeting the english requirement recently on 22nd Jan 08.

stating my AMIE is not taught the same way as in Academic study and they cannot consider this as english eligibilty.

I am wondering the statement AMIE has given ' medium of examination was english ' is a concern. hence i got rejection.

Not sure if i reapply with same set of docs , will it be approved as Ajay got it approved with supposed to be same kind of letter.

I am thinking to reapply after taking IELTS or to pursue a letter in proper format from the instituion.

However, the main concern is the changeover to Tier 1 from Feb 29...Dono how the new rules affect.

any help or thoughts are appreciated.
I am very sorry to hear that your application got rejected because the english language letter refers to examination vs. instruction. When I called up UKNARIC to check AMIE equivalency then they told me that it is equivalent to UK BE taught degree which means you don't need to worry about the wordings of the letter.
I had included my diploma certificate, transcript and language letter as well along with AMIE documents to show that my diploma was taught in english and it was 4 yrs long course. I had tried to explain in my cover letter the relationship between diploma stream and AMIE. Last but not the least, I have aluded the point that it is a british established institute so its day to day things should be in english. I think i got lucky in convincing HO.

wish you all the best,

ajay

deepakr2007
Newly Registered

AMIE - Rejected because of english requirement

Post by deepakr2007 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:17 am

Dear For_HSMP,

Could you please write here exact wording of your refulsal letter so that we can conclude if you langauage certificate wording "medium of examination was english"

Or AMIE itself is problem for HSMP english requirement.

Because I am really afread by looking into your case. then I need to write IELTS for which I donot really have time.

Thanks