ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gaps between passports for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

muskan ali
Pakistan

Re: Gaps between passports for Naturalisation

Post by muskan ali » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:04 pm

Casa wrote:Playing 'devil's advocate' here, the case worker could take the view that you allowed someone else (family member for example) to use your credit card in your absence to prove you were still resident in the UK. Perhaps I'm being over pessimistic.
Sorry for disturbance casa what does STATEMENT OF FUNDS mean then?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:05 pm

statement of funds = how much you have in the bank or savings account.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Casa wrote:statement of funds = how much you have in the bank or savings account.
+1 and to add, a credit card balance is not actually your money, it belongs to the bank and they only 'advance it to you'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

muskan ali
Pakistan

Post by muskan ali » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:25 pm

Casa wrote:statement of funds = how much you have in the bank or savings account.
Can I send my joint account statement

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

USER110
Newly Registered

Post by USER110 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:10 pm

akhurshid wrote:You need to prove that you were present in UK for last 5/3 years. Passport is one way to prove it. Any gap between passports has to be backed by other proof like pay slips. NCS will definitly ask you for the. And they might refuse to send your application without it.
Had this issUe when I applied for wife. She has 5 months gap and no Payslips. NCS refused to accpet invoices and letter in her name as they weren't from govt institution. Luckily her new passport had her old passport number so we explained that on page 15 and advised if that is not enough, HO is more than welcomed to class the period as absence as she had no other absence. We received her approval in 5 weeks.
Hello AKhurshid, my case is exactly the same. I am thinking to apply for the naturalisaiton in coming weeks. My passport expired in OCT 2011 and got it renewed on Aug 2012 (10 months of gap), however, the visa was valid and in April 2013 I got ILR. Like in your wife's case I have my old passport number in the new one.

Did you provide any supporting documents to cover those 5 months or just the linked passport number was sufficient?

I think these days HO has become more strict.

Regards

USER110
Newly Registered

Post by USER110 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:14 pm

Hello,

Submitted the Naturilasation application using NCS. In the past 5 years there is 10 months of gap between current and previous passports. However, the new passport has the number of previous passport. Also submitted the HMRC letter stating the paied tax for 8 of those 10 months which is the proof of being in the UK during that period.

The NCS lady was about to call Home Office but when she saw HMRC letter showing the tax being paid and the numbers on the passport matches, she said there should not be any issues.

The biometric finger prints have been taken and the fees (£1236) as well.

Hope this helps!

Regards