ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

my case

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shan12

Post by Shan12 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:37 am

Perhaps you should have employed some thinking, Badmaash before you cast aspersions upon those who have qualified via the EU route?

Frankly, it sounds like you are trying to get the most out of the UK without giving very much back.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:11 am

I can't see how the child would be disadvantaged by having a UK passport. However, there's also nothing wrong with "using" the UK education system and going on to work in a developing country - a reverse of the brain drain we are all actively assisting on this forum.

Wanderer wrote
On s privetam, chto ponyot' po-ruskiy..mnogo durakov zdes'...
I'm sure that's highly relevant, but for us non-Russian speakers........?
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 am

jimquk wrote:I can't see how the child would be disadvantaged by having a UK passport. However, there's also nothing wrong with "using" the UK education system and going on to work in a developing country - a reverse of the brain drain we are all actively assisting on this forum.

Wanderer wrote
On s privetam, chto ponyot' po-ruskiy..mnogo durakov zdes'...
I'm sure that's highly relevant, but for us non-Russian speakers........?
Soz, I'd been to a funeral (my aunt) wasn't in the best of moods and the russian is bad russian, truly the most difficult language ever!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:22 am

Best left untranslated then?!

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:13 am

as regards to the EU route then i have only voiced my opinions as i see it to be unfair as why should somebody from europe be exempt of the life in the uk test as many of those who do come cant even communicate in english , and why is it they have to only wait 1 year to qualify for public funds and be exempt of all charges

my point is that being born in the uk and holding a british passport should give you more benefits then a outsider thats all i dont disagre with those coming form europe but there has to be a fair system

i wonder what a uk citizen would face if he went to poland will they let us claim public funds ?

its just someone who is a british national might want to marry abroad he should not face these barriers but as for english then i agree its important for all whether form EU or non eu

and in my opinion those from singapore or any other english speaking country should be exempt right away
as most western societies are similar this my view i wait to see waht others say

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:14 pm

there has to be a fair system
But what's fair about immigration controls in the first place? The system isn't based on fairness, but on a shifting balance of economic and political expediancy, the need to pay lip service to human rights while keeping Daily Mail readers happy, or at least not foaming, and the practicalities of keeping tabs on millions of people.

a uk citizen would face if he went to poland will they let us claim public funds ?
I think the basic principle is that an EU citizen should be treated the same way as a naitive in a similar position. So if you've paid NI contributions, you should be able to get contributory benefits, and if you're fulfil the residency requirements you should get means tested benefits. If you find yourself in Poland, you should be able to claim benefits there have have the same rules applied to you as to a native - of course the problem is that Polish welfare benefits are probably not very generous. But there are plenty of Brits who living in France, Germany, Holland, and probably others, who get benefits.

So there is some kind of fairness after all, or at least reciprocity.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:05 pm

ok thanks guy

so now i need advice or experaince from anyone in regards to passing the financial test via the savings route ?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:52 pm

i wonder what a uk citizen would face if he went to poland will they let us claim public funds ?
I knew someone who was a workshy benefits shopper, who used to go to France every so often and claim benefits there until he got bored, then he would come back to the UK.

As far as you being ill, Tourette's isn't curable, but medication and counselling/therapy such as cognitive behavioural therapy can help with the symptoms. I know someone who has coprolallia, outbursts of a rude and offensive type, who works. I don't know if OCD ever goes, or if it is something that just gets managed. I do know people with OCD too, and they are not holding on for a cure, but just getting on with their lives.

If you are waiting for a total cure, are you waiting in vain? If you think you are successful as a father and husband, there isn't a reason to think you can never work.
so now i need advice or experaince from anyone in regards to passing the financial test via the savings route ?
I can't help with this, sorry.

badmaash

Post by badmaash » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:57 pm

there are many people in the uk who suffer from the conditions mentioned and do not work and are claiming disability living allowance and income support for sickness
also the WHO recognises that ocd is one the top 10 condition for diminished quality of life and earnings

so please dont try to lump everybody together and then generalise this is a false principal and unjust

as you are now discriminating against people , you dont understand the condition as you dont live it so please have some sympathy towards those who are sick
and this is why the welfare state is there to help the vulnerable
and by the way i dont go to france to benefit shop

so please take it easy with those type of statements and a bit of kindness will help