ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Effect of speed points by court on Naturalization Applicatio

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Effect of speed points by court on Naturalization Applic

Post by fwd079 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:21 pm

wmazhar wrote:I think that guy in the link got approval because 3 years were passed

Summons by court FPN : wait 3 years before apply
By Police, 2 or more FPNs: wait 1 year before apply
By Police 1 FPN: No issue
You might be correct but will it come under discretion? Will discretion be practised these days? That is my idea of being safe, as I said before.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:26 am

fwd079 wrote:
wmazhar wrote:I think that guy in the link got approval because 3 years were passed

Summons by court FPN : wait 3 years before apply
By Police, 2 or more FPNs: wait 1 year before apply
By Police 1 FPN: No issue
You might be correct but will it come under discretion? Will discretion be practised these days? That is my idea of being safe, as I said before.
I had FPN with six points on licence, I just got the approval today.

If we look at the percentage of approvals with FPNs, i don't think so there is as such risk
who knows with one year wait rules change? or you may commit another offence :shock:
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:37 pm

wmazhar wrote:
I had FPN with six points on licence, I just got the approval today.

If we look at the percentage of approvals with FPNs, i don't think so there is as such risk
who knows with one year wait rules change? or you may commit another offence :shock:
Congratulations :) yes applying with FPNs is always risky but points are normally disregarded as per instructions to caseworkers if frequency is low, you did have two offences, but spanning over a few years it seems, hence disregarded. Nice to know, thanks for sharing.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

viglen210

Post by viglen210 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:31 pm

My interpretation of the wording in the application form is that traffic convictions and FPNs gain weight in the eyes of the HO if they are repeated and show a pattern of 'bad behavior' vs 'good character'. I would imagine someone with 25 FPNs would concern a HO case worker, but someone with one or two FPN over 5 or 10 years should not be a problem. This is common sense to me. The court conviction is the same. if it is only one over 5 or ten years, it should not be seen as a sign of 'bad character'. If challenged in court, common sense will prevail. It will happen at some point.

I feel that this 'good character' thing should be better defined.