ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Tier1G route) Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiransg
Newly Registered

SET(O) Form - English Language Test

Post by tiransg » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi, I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) form with my two dependents.

(1). Question 4.6 When did you sit your English language test?

I am planning to submit my old IELTS certificate (taken in 2006 but accepted on a previous application). My wife will be submitting a recent Trinity SELT certificate. Therefore, do i tick both boxex here ?

On or after 6 April 2015 – go to question 4.7.
Before 6 April 2015 – go to question 4.8.

(2) Question 4.8 Please provide details of your English language test (sat before 6 April 2015):

My qualification is IELTS. But the options are given are ;

Cambridge English
City & Guilds
Pearson
Trinity College London

Which one do i tick ? Cant find IELTS there !

Thanks in advance.

hunters55
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) Form - English Language Test

Post by hunters55 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 am

tiransg wrote:Hi, I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay in the UK later this year. I am planning to apply for ILR on SET(O) form with my two dependents.

(1). Question 4.6 When did you sit your English language test?

I am planning to submit my old IELTS certificate (taken in 2006 but accepted on a previous application). My wife will be submitting a recent Trinity SELT certificate. Therefore, do i tick both boxex here ?

On or after 6 April 2015 – go to question 4.7.
Before 6 April 2015 – go to question 4.8.

(2) Question 4.8 Please provide details of your English language test (sat before 6 April 2015):

My qualification is IELTS. But the options are given are ;

Cambridge English
City & Guilds
Pearson
Trinity College London

Which one do i tick ? Cant find IELTS there !

Thanks in advance.
Hi is there any expiration to your IELTS? (normally expires in 2years)

Kainaat1
Newly Registered

Re: SET(O) Form - English Language Test

Post by Kainaat1 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:43 am

Hi

My husband has done a b1 test in sanjari international college. But in not sure if that is valid. It is thru Pearson can some one. Help plz he has a PEO on Thursday

tiransg
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Cover Letter

Post by tiransg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi, I am currently on Tier1 (General) visa and will be completing 5 years continuous stay (less 28 days) in the UK shortly. I am applying for ILR on SET(O) form with my two dependents NEXT week at PEO. I have drafted the following covering letter. Can you PLS check if this looks correct and gives adequate information ?

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

I, xxxxx wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. At the same time, my wife and son are also applying for the same as my dependents. I have continuously lived in the UK from xx August 2010 under the Tier 1 (General) category. (prior to this I have briefly visited the UK in April 2009)

Absence from UK
In the past 5 years I have been absent from the UK only for 22 days in total. I have provided a detailed schedule on this. Also, I am submitting previous & current employer letters confirming the nature of these two occasions of travel outside UK.

Knowledge of language and life in the UK
I have passed the IELTS test in September 2006. This has been previously accepted by the Home Office with my initial HSMP application in March 2008. Original pass certificate is submitted as evidence. (I also have a Masters degree recognized on the point based calculator meeting the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK. I am carrying the original degree certificate and the printout from the point based calculator today to submit on request if required. This is the same academic qualification used to claim points under section 9A of the application)

My wife has passed the Grade 5, GESE from Trinity College London. Original pass certificate is attached.

Both my wife & I have passed the Life in the UK test. Pass certificates are submitted as evidence.

Section 9A - Tier 1 (General) migrants
My initial application was made under the HSMP program on xx/xx/2008. The attached HSMP approval letter confirms this date. Therefore, the rules in place before 6th April 2010 apply in my case. I am claiming the following points; Previous earnings – 45, Qualifications – 35, Age – 5, UK experience – 5. Total points claimed – 90.

Section 12A – Your Finances
I am submitting pay slips and bank statements for the past 12 months under Section 9A. The same can be considered under this section as well. In addition, I am providing last 3 months savings account statements.

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory. To keep the application simple, I have only submitted the supporting documents that are essential in my opinion. However, today I am carrying various other additional documents ready for submission should you have any queries.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,
xxxxxx"

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (Tier1G route) Queries

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Keep your queries about your single application in a single topic.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tiransg
Newly Registered

Post by tiransg » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:42 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Keep your queries about your single application in a single topic.
Apologies for that ! Are you able to cast an eye on my draft ?

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi,

I think your cover letter is well written.

I am also going in a month's time and my cover letter is almost same as yours as I am applying under Tier 1 (G) category.

tiransg
Newly Registered

ILR Received

Post by tiransg » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi All,

I received ILR at Croydon PEO today. Thanks for all your support. The whole duration was about 3 hrs from appointment time. I wouldn't say the experience was smooth as there were a lot of 'computer issues' and we had to give biometrics twice as a result. My general advise is to get an appointment early as possible. The crowd starts to build up from about 10am...the cafe was not open today BTW :-)...they didnt keep copies of P60,marriage certificate or son's birth certificate, so i guess they didn't consider them. I kept the document set simple but mentioned on the cover letter that on request i have additional documents that can be submitted. Happy to answer any specific questions from applicant who will be applying in the near future. Again, thank you very much for all who have answered my questions in the past few months !!!!