ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English language requirement - Indian degree

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chiku1980

Re: English language requirement - Indian degree

Post by chiku1980 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:34 pm

If my ILR was after October 2013 then do I need any proof at all for english language requriement while applying for citzenship? or merely ticking the I got my ILR after Oct 2013 is sufficient?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:33 pm

chiku1980 wrote:If my ILR was after October 2013 then do I need any proof at all for english language requriement while applying for citzenship? or merely ticking the I got my ILR after Oct 2013 is sufficient?
Yes, by the rules you don't need to provide it again. But if you are going through an NCS there have been instances where the staff have asked for proof, so you may want to take it with you just in case.

crazyvish

Post by crazyvish » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:17 pm

hei8ht wrote: hi There,
I was given this copy by the NCS staff when i went to enquire about the PBS calculator since the Tier 1 General was removed.

Looking at the points, I think the 1st point covers all the scenarios and also there doesn't seem to be any need for NARIC comparability certificate.

I will go ahead with the appointment and will also take a copy of this handout just in case.
Hi hei8ht,

Can please you confirm whether or not you had to submit a UKNARIC comparability certificate?

tier2_cts

Post by tier2_cts » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 am

Hi all,

I am applying for British citizenship. I am planning to submit my post-graduation degree certificates obtained from India.
My degree certificates are issued on my name as First Name + Initial (First letter of my surname), can someone let me know whether this is okay or should have First Name + Surname?

I have UK NARIC letters confirming my degree and English language requirement for the same.