ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New citizenship form UKF

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sadiedaly
Newly Registered

Re: New citizenship form UKF

Post by sadiedaly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 am

Hi,

Aussie-based applicant here.

My UKF application was received by them 29 April

£80 taken out of my account 29 May

I emailed "FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" on 9 June.

Received reply 26 June, essentially reiterating the details above, advising the fact that I 'should' have received an email by now, it's in the system, there is nothing more we can do but here is your Home Office reference number...sit back, wait. Could take up to 6 months.

Tempted to email again & ask why I've not received the email that I 'should' have received but I'm thinking it's better to just wait.

Would love to know if there is a link to a site I can plug my home office reference number into to track my application. Any ideas?

Best of luck to everyone -- I am glad the UK no longer consider me a 'Bastard Child', born out of Wedlock! :)

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:48 pm

sadiedaly wrote:Hi,

Aussie-based applicant here.

My UKF application was received by them 29 April

£80 taken out of my account 29 May

I emailed "FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk" on 9 June.

Received reply 26 June, essentially reiterating the details above, advising the fact that I 'should' have received an email by now, it's in the system, there is nothing more we can do but here is your Home Office reference number...sit back, wait. Could take up to 6 months.
Glad to see someone has had money taken out, just wonder why some others of us haven't after 2.5 months. Hopefully furthernationalityenquiries will respond to me as well. Having a HO number would make me feel a little better as I'm just feeling like they've lost my paperwork right about now :(

Glad more people are applying! Maybe we'll get some better sense of timeline in the next few months when approvals start rolling in.

paul29
Newly Registered

Post by paul29 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:48 pm

It is good for all of us that some people are making progress but when you applied before them and have not even had the fees taken out of your bank it does make you worry that something somewhere has gone wrong in your case.

Although the same inconsistency of timelines does seem to be happening in the MN1 thread also so it may just be par for the course. Maybe different people are assigned cases and some work faster than others. Who knows?

Nothing else we can do so back to waiting patiently I guess.

Yanni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yanni » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:57 pm

paul29 wrote:Thanks for the info Yanni.

There is a real lack of information or feedback available concerning these UKF applications and you are the first that we are aware of that has even had fees deducted from their bank so that is progress and congratulations I and I am sure all others with pending applications really appreciate your update.

If possible please could you give us some more meat on the bones?

You mention a "representative"? Did you use NCS or a lawyer or some other third party?

Did the Home Office communicate with you directly about the missing payment form or did they communicate with the representative?

And I appreciate it is personal information and you may not want to give it, which I respect but if possible, could you tell us about your case (ie which section you applied under) so that others waiting patiently may compare to their own case?

My own case is under section 4G for my daughter who was born in the UK in 2004 when her Thai mother was there with me (British born and bred) on a visit visa. (private hospital birth). I wasn't married to her mother which meant that the baby was born Thai even though she has a full UK birth certificate. If I had subsequently married her mother she would have become British of course, but unfortunately I didn't get around to doing that before her mother died leaving me as her sole parent and meaning that I have to stay with her in Thailand even though I would much rather be with her in my home country.

Hi

I applied under 4g, am using a solicitor. Dad was born in UK my mum is Jamaican an I was born in Jamaica. HO communicated directly to my respresentitive.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:58 pm

Hello again everyone,

UKF APPLICATION UPDATE

I have just received an acknowledgement through e-mail today 14th July 2015 at 8:08 PM, Philippine local time.

They have received my app on 29th June 2015.

It is titled "UKBA NATIONALITY ACKNO".
Thank you for submitting an application to the UK Visas & Immigration. Your application has been received and will be processed in due course.

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:22 pm

I actually got a response from the furthernationalityenquiries email saying:

Thank you for your email.

I have to apologise for the lack of Acknowledgment. We are actually running a couple weeks behind our deadlines on Overseas applications.

Can you please allow a further 2 weeks for your application to be processed.

So basically a stock response that doesn't even say yes they actually have my paperwork. I don't know what "deadlines" they are referring to. It's been 11 weeks with no acknowledgement, no fee deduction, nothing. I guess I just keep waiting and hoping :cry:

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm

@bfrenchfry

It'll come... you'll see.

I am not religious, I am Catholic and I do not attend mass (I don't believe in priests). But just keep asking Jesus and he'll give to you.

wadiki
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:26 am

g_barrie_g wrote:Hello again everyone,

UKF APPLICATION UPDATE

I have just received an acknowledgement through e-mail today 14th July 2015 at 8:08 PM, Philippine local time.

They have received my app on 29th June 2015.

It is titled "UKBA NATIONALITY ACKNO".
Thank you for submitting an application to the UK Visas & Immigration. Your application has been received and will be processed in due course.
@g_barrie_g

I have been following this forum since last month to see the progress others has been making but it seems for everyone here there are different timelines. i was giving myself a month before expecting any form of response. my application was received and signed for on the 22nd of June, shipped via dhl so i am 1 week away from a month but i became concerned about my own application when i see your application was received on the 29th of June and got a response in 2 weeks. i can understand how bfrenchfry feels because we have to wonder if our application is at its intended destination or if its in the right hands.

i have a few questions for you g_barrie_g
1. did you use a solicitor/lawyer to prepare and send in your application?
2. did they bill you the 80 pounds before emailing the acknowledgement letter?

I will also join in and give my experiences as i go along.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:32 am

@wadiki

Like you I had gave my self a month, 4 weeks to be exact to expect any response from them, as I was adhering to the UKF guide. After that, that would be the time that I will e-mail them if I will not receive an acknowledgement.

Answers to your questions

1. I did not seek any help from a solicitor/lawyer. I was the only one who prepared all the required documents that was attached to my application.

2. Nothing has been debited or taken out from our account yet.

I don't let my self to feel too confident right now, it is still a long way to go. The guide says they will still ask for any additional required documents if and only if it is still necessary.

@everyone
We are all together on this... you are all included with my prayers.

scarlett.yu
Newly Registered

Post by scarlett.yu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:42 am

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could obtain someone's naturalisation/registration number that is required for the form UKF, or where I could make an enquiry?

I am trying to apply for BC with form UKF under section 4G of the new Immigration Act 2014, but unfortunately I don't have my natural father's naturalisation/registration number, and I don't think I can get it from him or his relatives. I am 90% sure he's a British citizen otherwise than by descent, and although he was born in Hong Kong, he should be naturalised or registered when or after he migrated to England with his family when he was a kid.

I have been contacting nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (directed by the Visa and Immigration Office) but no reply. Tired National Archive and no information either.

I am based in Hong Kong and so it would be ideal if I could make an enquiry remotely, e.g. via phone or email.

Thank you very much!

wadiki
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:03 am

scarlett.yu wrote:Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could obtain someone's naturalisation/registration number that is required for the form UKF, or where I could make an enquiry?

I am trying to apply for BC with form UKF under section 4G of the new Immigration Act 2014, but unfortunately I don't have my natural father's naturalisation/registration number, and I don't think I can get it from him or his relatives. I am 90% sure he's a British citizen otherwise than by descent, and although he was born in Hong Kong, he should be naturalised or registered when or after he migrated to England with his family when he was a kid.

I have been contacting nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk (directed by the Visa and Immigration Office) but no reply. Tired National Archive and no information either.

I am based in Hong Kong and so it would be ideal if I could make an enquiry remotely, e.g. via phone or email.

Thank you very much!

@scarlett.yu

have you tried to contact an immigration solicitor based in the u.k? they may have the best advice on how to approach that. it would probably also help if you had a family member there who was close in relation to your father who is willing to help.

bfrenchfry

Post by bfrenchfry » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 pm

I think this is where everyone on this thread stands right now. It's all over the place
  • Name--- Date received--- Acknowledged?--- Money Deducted?--- NCS or Solictor?--- Residence

Paul29--- April 27th--- No --- No--- NCS--- Thailand

Bfrenchfry--- April 29th--- No--- No--- No--- USA

Sadiedaly--- April 29th--- Received HO# via email--- May 29th--- No--- Australia

Yanni--- June 1st--- Acknowledgement letter & biometrics requested--- June 23rd--- Solicitor--- Jamaica?

g_barrie_g--- June 29th--- Acknowledgement email--- No--- No--- Phillipines

wadiki
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:25 am

bfrenchfry wrote:I think this is where everyone on this thread stands right now. It's all over the place
  • Name--- Date received--- Acknowledged?--- Money Deducted?--- NCS or Solictor?--- Residence

Sadiedaly--- April 29th--- Received HO# via email--- May 29th--- No--- Australia

Yanni--- June 1st--- Acknowledgement letter & biometrics requested--- June 23rd--- Solicitor--- Jamaica?

@bfrenchfry

Its defiantly true that everyone's timeline is all over the place,
ive sent my application on the 22nd of June, its been a month yesterday since my documents have been received, so far i have gotten no response or any form of acknowledgement that they have received my documents, no money deducted either, i also didn't use a solicitor and my application was sent from the USA. i am beginning to think that response times are based on where in the world you are applying from and how may application has been received from that specific country, that's my theory anyways but i think its only right to let an applicant know they have received their important documents. i don't know if anyone else did but i sent my original passport and all so im a bit concerned.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:55 pm

bfrenchfry wrote:I think this is where everyone on this thread stands right now. It's all over the place

UKF APPLICATION UPDATE

Just received our bank statement... It indicates that £80 was already debited by the Nationality Directorate on 10th July 2015, 4 days before I received the acknowledgement email.

wadiki
Newly Registered

Post by wadiki » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:52 am

@g_barrie_g

excuse my lack of knowledge on this, but i just want to verify with someone who seems to be proceeding with their application that i did the correct thing.
my application was signed for by a person with his/her own signature, was this the same for you?
what was your delivery method?
just wanted a piece of mind that its were it is intended.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 am

wadiki wrote:@g_barrie_g
my application was signed for by a person with his/her own signature, was this the same for you?
I have sent my application via UPS.
It was received at their front desk and I think it was signed for by their receptionist.

CommonwealthForever
Newly Registered

Post by CommonwealthForever » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:40 am

Exciting times ahead!
Great to meet a few fellow Section 65ers :)

My timeline:

Week 0 - Application Sent: 2 April 2015
Week 1 - Application Received: 9 April 2015
Week 10 - Ceremony Fee Deducted: 10 June 2015
Week 16 - Biometrics Letter Received: 23 July 2015

keji
Mood:
Ghana

Post by keji » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:47 am

hi everyone
I just finished putting my documents together on the first edition of ukf form signed, reference and about to post but I discovered just this morning that there is an updated version, my British referee has gone to the US and wont be back until 3months.cant wait that long cos am sure there might be more updates
can I still go ahead and submit the form, will it be accepted? am confused please
thanks.

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 pm

@CommonwealthForever

Have you already made an appointment online for your Biometrics at VFS?

I have already registered and I was on the Final Calendar appointment scheduling but then I was stuck, I could not proceed to the Confirmation of Appointment part because the calendar does not work. I could not select a date and there is no time slot provided.

Have you experienced a similar situation?
Where are you applying from?

CommonwealthForever
Newly Registered

Post by CommonwealthForever » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:06 pm

Hey mate, unfortunately there was an error in the spelling of my surname on my biometrics letter, so I have not proceeded with enrolment until I get further advice/my name gets fixed.

Yanni
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Yanni » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:33 pm

CommonwealthForever wrote:Exciting times ahead!
Great to meet a few fellow Section 65ers :)

My timeline:

Week 0 - Application Sent: 2 April 2015
Week 1 - Application Received: 9 April 2015
Week 10 - Ceremony Fee Deducted: 10 June 2015
Week 16 - Biometrics Letter Received: 23 July 2015

Hi

If you don't mind me asking which country did you post your Application from.

CommonwealthForever
Newly Registered

Post by CommonwealthForever » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Australia :)

g_barrie_g

Post by g_barrie_g » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:46 pm

@CommonwealthForever

Thanks for the prompt reply. ☺

Tomorrow I will call the VFS hotline to let them know about the problem with their system. I have read some complaints about the same problem although it is in South Africa and I am in the Philippines.

It sure feels good to have you guys in this forum, as you have said Section 65ers...

lagos1980
Newly Registered

Post by lagos1980 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:46 pm

I'm so thrilled to have found fellow UKF citizenship applicants! I'm applying from the UK, and they received my application on the 29th of July. So fingerscrossed.

lagos1980
Newly Registered

Post by lagos1980 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:54 pm

scarlett.yu wrote:Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I could obtain someone's naturalisation/registration number that is required for the form UKF, or where I could make an enquiry?

Thank you very much!

If you know your father's full name, date of birth, and maybe the year he became a citizen, you should be able to apply and get a copy, notarised if you like, from the national archives. Just go to their website. I already had a notarised photocopy of my father's registration certificate, but just to be extra safe, wanted to include a copy from the National Archives. It cost me £22 I think.