ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation referee gave his office address - is that ok?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: Form AN: 5. Referees and Identity

Post by noajthan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:22 pm

MK123 wrote:I see the below 2 entries in the link above.

1. Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company
2. Manager/Personnel officer (of limited company)

Does it mean my friend who is a director of a limited company can sign the form ?

Thanks
It should be acceptable, if they have known you for 3 years or more & do not have a criminal record (etc).

Note The HO list is not a statutory list it is just indicative.

If someone is really not acceptable to HO (or happens to fail a good character check the HO may carry out on them) then they will simply write to you for another referee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:16 pm

noajthan - Thanks for clarifying
(my friend will be acting as referee for the Director of a company) and my GP or someone over 25 will act as the secondary.
The section in the form is generic so the reference can be added either way around but satisfying the said rule.

So let me get this right, providing the referee is not suffice, the HO will just write to request an alternative? it wont be declined and fee paid gone to waste?

P/S - the section in the AN form is quite odd don't you think, the referee section overspills so really one referee has to fully complete before the other referee receives their bit to sign.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:18 pm

Casa wrote:If you read through the accepted referees for BC applications, you will see that 'Doctor' has been removed from the list. Assuming you were intending to use your GP as a professional referee.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
I can still use the Doctor for the reference for someone over 25 if I already have a Director of a company???
Can someone verify that the doctor giving reference will be relevant as they are known to my spouse medically over the said period?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:38 pm

It will
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:11 am

Iman230 wrote:noajthan - Thanks for clarifying

So let me get this right, providing the referee is not suffice, the HO will just write to request an alternative? it wont be declined and fee paid gone to waste?

Your application will not be declined or fail on the 1st failure of a referee, (after all they simply might not be available if/when contacted).

See section 6.3.7.12 of the caseworker's guidance (linked above):
If it is clear from any information we may have that a referee does not meet one or more of the criteria in paragraph 6.3.7, the applicant should be asked to provide an additional referee.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:20 am

The referee part of it should be the least of our issues, paying the increased fee of just over £1000 should be the bigger challenge.
Does £30.00 reflect an appropriate fee from a Doctor to complete the referee section?

Iman230

Post by Iman230 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:29 am

Thanks to the people who have posted and found this whole section that helps clarify the situation. The referees are there to identify and maybe contacted to confirm, and should this not suffice further request for an additional referee is requested.

6.3.7 Referees - Qualifications

6.3.7.1 All applicants, except those seeking to renounce British nationality, are asked to provide two referees so that we can be satisfied about a person’s identity. We would not routinely contact referees, but may do so on the authority of a senior caseworker if this could resolve any concerns about the application.

6.3.7.2 If the application has been received in the Home Office more than 6 months after the date on which it was declared by the referees there is a possibility that the applicant's circumstances have changed. The form should therefore be returned to be re-declared by the referees to ensure that the information given is up to date.

6.3.7.3 For adult applications each referee should have known the applicant personally for at least 3 years.

6.3.7.4 One referee should be a person of professional standing,as per the list in Annex A.13

6.3.7.5 The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age
of 25.

6.3.7.6 Referees should not:
 be related to the applicant
 be related to the other referee
 be the applicant’s solicitor or agent representing
him or her with the application
 be employed by the Home Office
 have been convicted of an imprisonable offence during the past 10 years for which the sentence is not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

6.3.7.7 If the applicant is living abroad and does not know a British citizen passport holder who is a professional
person or over the age of 25, a Commonwealth citizen or citizen of the country in which he or she is residing may complete and sign the form, provided:

 he/she is over 25 or has a professional standing in that country and
 has known the applicant for three years, and
 the Consul considers his/her signature to be acceptable.

Referees – Checks and enquiries

6.3.7.11 We may carry out checks on referees to ensure that the criteria in paragraph 6.3.7.6 are met.
6.3.7.12 If it is clear from any information we may have that a referee does not meet one or more of the criteria in paragraph 6.3.7, the applicant should be asked to provide an additional referee. This should be done by sending a Referee-Additional letter together with a printout (from the UKBA website) of the appropriate 15 page from the relevant application form.
6.3.7.13 Referees are asked:

 how long they have known the applicant
 how, when and for what reason they met or meet the applicant

:D

Iman230

Fee's for Naturalisation

Post by Iman230 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Please see link - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf

The question I have is what amount do I enclose on the said application as above.

The Current Fee for Naturalisation (AN) is £1,005, however as quoted from the link
The overall fee for British citizenship comprises two elements. They are:
a) Fee for handling and processing the application. None of this is refundable if the application is refused or
withdrawn.
b) Citizenship ceremony fee. This is paid by applicants who are required to attend a citizenship ceremony. It is
refunded to applicants whose applications are refused or withdrawn.
The total amount, including the ceremony, fee is shown in the chart overlea
But on the same chart it has the following

UKM, UKF Section 4C, 4G, 4H, 4I registration (ceremony fee only) £80

So is the total fee payable £1,005 or as the Link suggests (again I quote)
The total amount, including the ceremony, fee is shown in the chart overleaf.
So is it £1,005 or £1,085 and when the application is granted the local council should contact me with a date automatically? right

Malik44

Re: Fee's for Naturalisation

Post by Malik44 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Iman230 wrote: So is it £1,005 or £1,085
£1005 inclusive of ceremony fees
and when the application is granted the local council should contact me with a date automatically? right
No once application approved you will get invitation letter from Home Office to book your ceremony in Council near to your home.
You can book your ceremony privately as well by paying extra fee.