ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & Drink Driving

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Msenangu
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by Msenangu » Fri May 16, 2008 11:56 pm

According to Annex F Guidelines, short holidays taken whilst on paid annual leave can be disregarded. That's why I requested them to disregard them as well.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

rajumr
Newly Registered

Afco

Post by rajumr » Wed May 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Hello Afco,
Did u need to supply any documents related to the driving offence? or was your declaration in ILR form sufficient for Homeoffice folks?

Thanks
Raju

uninsured
Newly Registered

Re: Afco

Post by uninsured » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:52 pm

rajumr wrote:Hello Afco,
Did u need to supply any documents related to the driving offence? or was your declaration in ILR form sufficient for Homeoffice folks?

Thanks
Raju
Afco

I'm also interested in how you've dealt with the driving offence.
Thanks

uninsured
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by uninsured » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Afco wrote:Kariarxy,

Thanks - all my 9 months absences were work related and I requested them to disregard all of them (including paid annual leave, compassionate leave, training leave, research leave etc).

It was just a straightforward letter from my employer setting out all the dates that I have been out of the UK in the last five years and saying that these absences were necessary and work related.

I then referred to this letter in my own covering letter and asked the Home Office to disregard the absences.

Hope this helps.
Have you mentioned your driving offence in your application?
Thanks

Afco
Newly Registered

Afco

Post by Afco » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Rajumr & Uninsured,

I just declared the conviction on the application form and I did not supply any court documents showing the conviction, as the form does not ask for them.

The key is to rebut the presumption of bad character as much as you can and you can only do this by providing as much evidnce (references) of good character as you can. Be it from your work place, professional organisations that you are affiliated with, voluntary community projects that you are involved in, school projects, mentoring, church projects etc.

I am honestly a person of very good character who is involved in a variety of professional and community projects and I am sure that the case worker could see that the conviction was only an unfortunate one off incident - as I explained.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:38 pm

The moral of the story is that its (on balance), OK to drink & drive if you think yu can prove you are of god character.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:55 am

gollywood, I would say it depends on the caseworker. I would expect that there will be some where the extra documents attesting good character will not wash.