ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR REFUSED / re-applied

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:47 pm

I have several lay clients who made applications for ILR following 4 years' ELR, and have been waiting for 12 - 36 months.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:02 pm

avjones wrote:I have several lay clients who made applications for ILR following 4 years' ELR, and have been waiting for 12 - 36 months.
I cannot beleive that.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:00 pm

avjones wrote:I have several lay clients who made applications for ILR following 4 years' ELR, and have been waiting for 12 - 36 months.

Yes this kind of nonsense happens. Its tough as the way life in the UK is nowadays is that you can't do anything without documents. I know of people who have had such experience. Carry on as normal as best you can. Of course you should pressure the Home Office but I mean keep living your life as normal. Remember none of us can guarantee that we will even live through the day that has already begun and yet we get up and make our plans. Its important to carry on even with the uncertainty of the BIA decision / outcome that way your time won't be wasted.

Maybe its not a bad thing they are taking long.Gives you sometime :cry: . Would they have the ardosity to refuse you after keeping you waiting for so long ? At this rate by the time they come back to you, you will have been here long enough to put in another ILR (based on long residency). But I think when they take long it looks bad on them and they may be more inclined to give it to you. I say we fight them on every point and not back down !! :twisted:
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:08 pm

gainvidya wrote:
I cannot beleive that.
it's true - I have several on-going JRs on the basis of delay.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:09 pm

William Blake wrote:[ Would they have the ardosity to refuse you after keeping you waiting for so long ?
Oh yes!

I know of an Afghan who was kept waiting for 3 years, then refused on the basis of A 1(F) - suspicion of crimes against humanity.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:06 pm

avjones wrote:
William Blake wrote:[ Would they have the ardosity to refuse you after keeping you waiting for so long ?
Oh yes!

I know of an Afghan who was kept waiting for 3 years, then refused on the basis of A 1(F) - suspicion of crimes against humanity.
Well if they can find that out can they find out who have breached their visa conditions ?
Some to misery are born.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:26 pm

b2b wrote:Hi all,

Anyone given ILR on similar situation ???

B2b :cry:
So can anyone confirm then ? Is there anyone who has a gap and was given ILR anyway?
Some to misery are born.

b2b
Newly Registered

Re: ILR REFUSED / re-applied

Post by b2b » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:43 am

b2b wrote:Hi All,

I applied ILR based on Long stay at croyden PEO on 24 April 07. They could not decide on the day and kept application and then got refusal week later. Although I have signed and gave visa extension application to college on time in 1999 , SAB file shows 6 days Gap as my college sent my application late.

I have consulted with immigration adviser and made 2nd application in June 2007. It’s been more than 12 weeks since and has no reply come through.
Has anyone been on similar situation? Can home office hold application and if so, do they have time line that they should reply.

Any comment appreciated.

b2 :shock:

I am coming to the end of my 5 years on Work Permit. My ILR applicatyion on long resdidence applied last year is still at home office with no response . I have 2 dependent on me whose visas run out in a month time. Can anyone give me a bright idea that will solve my problem.

regards
B2

vinny

Re: ILR REFUSED / re-applied

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:13 am

b2b wrote:I am coming to the end of my 5 years on Work Permit. My ILR applicatyion on long resdidence applied last year is still at home office with no response . I have 2 dependent on me whose visas run out in a month time. Can anyone give me a bright idea that will solve my problem.

regards
B2
What does your solicitor advise? Perhaps you and your dependants may now apply together, on the basis of your Work Permit, where different rules (134, 196E and 198) are applicable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:43 pm

b2b,

Are you still waiting?
Some to misery are born.

b2b
Newly Registered

Post by b2b » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:17 am

Yes , I am still waiting since June 07.

William Blake
Member of Standing

Post by William Blake » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:23 pm

You must chase them. When did you last speak to them?
Some to misery are born.