ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA with Polish Wife

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SuperX7
Newly Registered

Post by SuperX7 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:29 am

inwarsaw wrote:Hey Super
nice to see you again ! I thought you had run away to Korea with your Polish girlfriend after reading my story :lol:
Good to see you too :) Nope, I'm still here in the UK
inwarsaw wrote:I am still in Poland and guess what ? I found a job ! Its a small software company ( remember that poles love to establish companies, just buy a laptop, print some colorful visiting cards, register your company in a few hours and you are owner of a company :D
Congratulations, Im very pleased to hear that :)
inwarsaw wrote:Yes I mean it ! I thought UK was the worst in taking away your money but no, Poland is worse than UK ! anyway, this job is quite interesting ( this is my first job as a programmer ) so far and money is not very good but not bad either, of course if you are thinking about polish wages and NOT UK wages :lol:
Yes, I knew of this. One of my good friends from high school owns a business in Poland - his main concern though is consulting with major industrial companies that deal with huge projects. Upon asking him about working in Poland etc, he told me that sometimes its more beneficial for both the employer and employee to sort out pay by the week/month instead of a yearly contract. Of course this means that you might feel more insecure because you dont have a contract, but its not like your work is guaranteed anyway right? The reason for this being is that you can get paid more and your employer pays less tax, because its just registered as companys "expenses". Not sure if I got all the facts straight, but its something along these lines. Where do you live now? Warsaw?
inwarsaw wrote:Life has been all right so far, people at work are great, very friendly and welcoming. I am making new friends and there is nothing to complain about except weather ! Its getting crazy and I am not sure if I will survive polish winter :( I have also started a Polish language course which I attend on weekends. I have taken only two lessons yet but I am sure its a mountain to climb before I would start speaking Polish !! wish me good luck please :lol:
Glad to hear that you are doing ok at work man...Weather? Tell me about it.. plenty of snow already in Krakow. I've bought hats, mittens, thermals to prepare myself for my visit in a few weeks. Not looking forward to freezing my face off like last time! :)

Good luck with your language course, Im sure I will be taking one when I start living there (she'll force me anyway).
inwarsaw wrote:what about your end ? still thinking of getting married in Poland instead of UK ? how is life in there ? sometimes, I really miss UK :(
I dont know. Reading this forum and your experiences has put some perspective into things... We were initially planning to have it in Poland.. but now Im not too sure, if indeed it is easier to get it done here. We however, dont really want to just have a civil wedding, we want one in a church etc... so it might be difficult financially over here. I would miss the UK too if I was in your shoes - heck I miss the UK everytime I visit Poland even for a week.
inwarsaw wrote:anyway, I am here quite often so don't you worry. If you get any questions regarding your marriage stuff, I will be pleased to help.
Thanks again, thats really kind of you :)
inwarsaw wrote:powadzenia i do wedzenia :lol:
Do jutra!