ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS decisions for September 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DanaF
Scotland

Re: Restricted COS decisions for September 2015

Post by DanaF » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:25 am

Based on the UK government website, the most likely exemptions are as follows:
There are a number of exemptions from the NHS health surcharge. Those that do not have to pay the surcharge include nationals of the EU and nationals of Australia and New Zealand, migrants applying under the Tier 2 intra company transfer category and those applying for indefinite leave to remain."
Source: http://www.workpermit.com/news/2015-04- ... om-6-april

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:38 am

DanaF wrote:Based on the UK government website, the most likely exemptions are as follows:
There are a number of exemptions from the NHS health surcharge. Those that do not have to pay the surcharge include nationals of the EU and nationals of Australia and New Zealand, migrants applying under the Tier 2 intra company transfer category and those applying for indefinite leave to remain."
Source: http://www.workpermit.com/news/2015-04- ... om-6-april
My friend is Indian national but when he was trying to pay NHS, the NHS is calculated as 0

shannon5g
China

Post by shannon5g » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:22 pm

WaterFlag wrote:Why the number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in September 2015 is 1,519?

I checked the Allocations of restricted certificates of sponsorship page at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship, and found that the the number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in September 2015 is 1,519.

I understand that the month quota is 1650, and in August 71 more Restricted CoS are granted, so in September there should be 1650 - 71 = 1579 CoS available, why it is 1519?

1579 or 1519, is it typo?
OMG It must be a typo!

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 pm

shannon5g wrote:
WaterFlag wrote:Why the number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in September 2015 is 1,519?

I checked the Allocations of restricted certificates of sponsorship page at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship, and found that the the number of certificates of sponsorship available for allocation in September 2015 is 1,519.

I understand that the month quota is 1650, and in August 71 more Restricted CoS are granted, so in September there should be 1650 - 71 = 1579 CoS available, why it is 1519?

OMG It must be a typo!
I think so too.

Is there anyone else in the forum happen to notice that? What do you think?

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:57 am

WaterFlag wrote:
shannon5g wrote:

OMG It must be a typo!
I think so too.

I noticed it too, and have been trying to figure out the missing 60. Hopefully it's a typo.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:37 am

psinghal276 wrote:One of my friend got RCOS for august and he applied for VISA by filling visa application form but somehow NHS got calculated as 0. Can anyone guide why is it so ?
Alot of people are making this mistake by entering wrong rcos dates when they are taken to ihs payment page. You need to enter work start and end dates not Rcos assigned and expiry date because that will be just 3 months, this 3 months is the time you need to make application to UKBA not the time your rcos is valid for. Only work start date and end date as mentioned in rcos should be entered.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:42 am

fahadfaiz wrote:
psinghal276 wrote:One of my friend got RCOS for august and he applied for VISA by filling visa application form but somehow NHS got calculated as 0. Can anyone guide why is it so ?
Alot of people are making this mistake by entering wrong rcos dates when they are taken to ihs payment page. You need to enter work start and end dates not Rcos assigned and expiry date because that will be just 3 months, this 3 months is the time you need to make application to UKBA not the time your rcos is valid for. Only work start date and end date as mentioned in rcos should be entered.
Hi Fahadfaiz,

I guess my friend has commit the same mistake as you stated above, and also he has submitted his documents to VISA office in Nehru place, Delhi. SO what would happen now? any idea ?

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:54 am

psinghal276 wrote:
fahadfaiz wrote:
Hi Fahadfaiz,

I guess my friend has commit the same mistake as you stated above, and also he has submitted his documents to VISA office in Nehru place, Delhi. SO what would happen now? any idea ?
Most probably the Visa will be rejected. Your friend should communicate with UKBA asap and inform them about this mistake. But I am afraid it may be too late and there is high chance that they ll refuse the visa without asking for any explanation first. If he has applied in last 2-3 days, tell him to contact UKBA asap, they may help.

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:34 pm

OMG It must be a typo![/quote]

I think so too.

Is there anyone else in the forum happen to notice that? What do you think?[/quote]

I noticed it too, and have been trying to figure out the missing 60. Hopefully it's a typo.[/quote]

I hope it is a typo, too~

Are you an international student studying in the United States but was not selected in the H-1B lottery this year?

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:50 pm

WaterFlag wrote:OMG It must be a typo!
I think so too.

Is there anyone else in the forum happen to notice that? What do you think?[/quote]

I noticed it too, and have been trying to figure out the missing 60. Hopefully it's a typo.[/quote]

Are you an international student studying in the United States but was not selected in the H-1B lottery this year?[/quote]

Yeah, I am. Are you?

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Ln1124 wrote:
I think so too.

Are you an international student studying in the United States but was not selected in the H-1B lottery this year?[/quote]

Yeah, I am. Are you?[/quote]

Me too! After failed to get H1B in April, I have been waiting for months. My employer will apply for me for Sept. with 45 points. Really anxious these days. Have you got your CoS granted yet or not?

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:18 pm

WaterFlag wrote:
Ln1124 wrote:
I think so too.

I noticed it too, and have been trying to figure out the missing 60. Hopefully it's a typo.

Me too! After failed to get H1B in April, I have been waiting for months. My employer will apply for me for Sept. with 45 points. Really anxious these days. Have you got your CoS granted yet or not?[/quote]

Same here. My employer will file for me for this Septemver allocation. I've been stressed out too, after failing the H1B. This is really nerve racking. Are you in the U.S. Still or already back in your home country?

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:03 am

Ln1124 wrote:
WaterFlag wrote:
Ln1124 wrote:
I think so too.

Are you an international student studying in the United States but was not selected in the H-1B lottery this year?

Me too! After failed to get H1B in April, I have been waiting for months. My employer will apply for me for Sept. with 45 points. Really anxious these days. Have you got your CoS granted yet or not?[/quote]

Same here. My employer will file for me for this Septemver allocation. I've been stressed out too, after failing the H1B. This is really nerve racking. Are you in the U.S. Still or already back in your home country?[/quote]

I'm back to my home country now, waiting for uk visa... Is there a way to send a private msg to you within immigrationboards.com or via some other way?

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:33 pm

psinghal276 wrote:
moonlight55 wrote:@Santyroger:

This is how it works. There are two separate steps:
Step 1: Your employer conducts RLMT (if applicable) and applies to UKVI for a RCOS. Provided the RLMT was conducted as per defined process and your points are above the cut-off and UKVI does not need any additional information from your employer, UKVI will approve the RCOS. In the quote you mentioned, the "application" is for the RCOS as mentioned above.

Step 2: Once the RCOS is approved, your employer will assign it to you. Using this RCOS number, you will then need to apply for a Tier 2 General entry clearance visa from your home country. Provided all your paperwork is fine, you should get your visa.

RCOS and visa are two different things.
Hi Moonlight,

Any idea for the september cutoff for RCOS ?
I think the cutoff for Sept. will be 45 or 50 points. 45 points are more likely, but it is also possible to get as high as 50 points.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:56 pm

WaterFlag wrote:
psinghal276 wrote:
moonlight55 wrote:@Santyroger:

This is how it works. There are two separate steps:
Step 1: Your employer conducts RLMT (if applicable) and applies to UKVI for a RCOS. Provided the RLMT was conducted as per defined process and your points are above the cut-off and UKVI does not need any additional information from your employer, UKVI will approve the RCOS. In the quote you mentioned, the "application" is for the RCOS as mentioned above.

Step 2: Once the RCOS is approved, your employer will assign it to you. Using this RCOS number, you will then need to apply for a Tier 2 General entry clearance visa from your home country. Provided all your paperwork is fine, you should get your visa.

RCOS and visa are two different things.
Hi Moonlight,

I think the cutoff for Sept. will be 45 or 50 points. 45 points are more likely, but it is also possible to get as high as 50 points.
Hi waterflag,

Any logic why it will go 45 or 50 ? or is it just a gut feeling of your's ?

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:45 pm

psinghal276 wrote:
WaterFlag wrote:
psinghal276 wrote:
Hi Moonlight,

Hi waterflag,

Any logic why it will go 45 or 50 ? or is it just a gut feeling of your's ?
It is just my guess. My logic is based on the statistics of June and July. June was 50, and July was 45.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:21 pm

Looks like the Home Office has changed the score table. But I guess it will apply to October. September will still use the existing table. My employer just emailed me. It terrified me.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:54 pm

I just found it here. This is the only available source at the moment without the need to copy and paste the email here:
http://www.hudsonmckenzie.com/changes-t ... ral-limit/

woodie

Post by woodie » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 pm

1)What time should we expect result on 11th Sep?
2)Who would know the result first:
Consultant/Solicitor who is helping with application, Or
HR, Or
Applicant?

priyatechit
Newly Registered

Post by priyatechit » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:16 pm

I am applying at 45 points for the September month. Fingers crossed.
Lets update the cos results here as soon as we get by 11th September.

shannon5g
China

Post by shannon5g » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:56 pm

It seems that the cutoff of Sept is not dependant on the number of applicants/available RCoS, but on the return of unused RCoS.

I found two pieces of news from two separate law firms.
https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/news-a ... on-process

"The Home Office also intends to make one further change relating to the limit. Under the existing rules, RCoS must be assigned by Sponsors within three months or they will expire. The change will enable the Home Office to return any such unused places to the limit, increasing the number of RCoS available. The Home Office did this informally for the August allocation by writing to Sponsors to request the return of unused certificates, which accounted for an additional 648 certificates. This enabled those applicants earning a salary of £24,000 or above to qualify for an RCoS from the August allocation. The re-allocation process will now be formalised and any RCoS unallocated after three months will be automatically returned to the pot."

http://www.martindale.com/immigration-l ... 215026.htm
"Under the existing rules, an RCoS must be assigned by the sponsoring employer within three months of the date of issue or it will expire. A proposed change would allow the Home Office to return unused places to the limit, which would increase the number of RCoS available. More information on this will be available in the Immigration Rules and the related Sponsor Guidance.

Lastly, following the introduction of the new salary bands table, the Home Office will need to make changes to its internal systems, which may cause application processing delays in November (applications can be made for this period on or after October 6, 2015). This will not affect the number of RCoS available in either the October or November allocations."

If the above info is accurate, then we know two things:
1. The system can't be more stupid by not allowing unused RCoS to automatically return to the pool. It disobeys the Tier 2 guidance and attributes to the June/July disaster. The home office will change the system in Novemeber.
2. We don't know how many unused RCoS are left after 648 being returned. We need to know whether all the employers responded before 11 Aug, and whether the RCoS granted in June were included in last month's return request as the RCoS granted in June expired on 12 Aug(or at least 11 Aug), one day after the allocation meeting.

Furthermore, the latest immigration statistics of entry clearance Tier 2 general visa applications just came out. There are only 4254 and 3868 visa applications in Q1 and Q2 2015. But the RCoS granted in the same period are 5750 and 5431. Having taken into consideration of Tier 4 dependant and Croatians, there are still 1000+ mismatch each quarter. I know not all the visa applications are made during the same period, so I assume all the RCoS are used in the next month. Based on that I found the number of the RCoS granted is 6054 in Dec 2014-Feb 2015, and 5765 in Mar 2015-May 2015. The gap is even larger! I know technically a RCoS can be assigned at the end of three months, and then used in the visa application in another three months, but I assume there are only very few such cases!

I wonder whether all those RCoS were wasted due to the inefficiency of the management system. Please share your opinion. Thanks!

shannon5g
China

Post by shannon5g » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:42 pm

My second essay is about nurses as I have stated in the August post.
2231.png
2231.png (89.91 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
The abnormal increase in January, Feburary, April and May for RCoS under 2231 nurses is clearly speculation action by employers, especially Febuary. I don't think it is reasonable that there are suddenly 1000 non-EU nurses coming in within one month (or 3000 in five months Jan-May), becausely normally the monthly number is 200, and the whole year number for RCoS nurses is only around 1300(from MAC report page 66).
Well if you think it can be genuine applications, please go to https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... rency-data and download the August immigation statistics. They have detailed quarterly figure of Tier 2 applications by different industry. The number of visa applications for work under Human Health and Social Work Activities, which I believe include nurses and medical practioners (let me know if I am wrong), is relatively 752 656 874 839 848 788 from Q1 2014 to Q2 2015. It is entry clearance visas so extentions not included, but it includes ICT, so the number using RCoS should be less than that. The figure of Q1 Q2 2015 didn't change much from the previous quarters, so it is very likely that the abnormal increase for nurses applications are not used. Those granted in January and Feburary are already expired and can't be returned because of the 20700 reset, but the ones in April and May are probably unused and have been/can be returned.
I am not sure how many are counted in the 648 returned RCoS last month, and how many RCoS for other occupations are unused.
Please share your thoughts and let me know if I am wrong in the above analysis.

WaterFlag
Newly Registered

Post by WaterFlag » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:01 am

shannon5g wrote:It seems that the cutoff of Sept is not dependant on the number of applicants/available RCoS, but on the return of unused RCoS.

I found two pieces of news from two separate law firms.
https://www.kingsleynapley.co.uk/news-a ... on-process

"The Home Office also intends to make one further change relating to the limit. Under the existing rules, RCoS must be assigned by Sponsors within three months or they will expire. The change will enable the Home Office to return any such unused places to the limit, increasing the number of RCoS available. The Home Office did this informally for the August allocation by writing to Sponsors to request the return of unused certificates, which accounted for an additional 648 certificates. This enabled those applicants earning a salary of £24,000 or above to qualify for an RCoS from the August allocation. The re-allocation process will now be formalised and any RCoS unallocated after three months will be automatically returned to the pot."

http://www.martindale.com/immigration-l ... 215026.htm
"Under the existing rules, an RCoS must be assigned by the sponsoring employer within three months of the date of issue or it will expire. A proposed change would allow the Home Office to return unused places to the limit, which would increase the number of RCoS available. More information on this will be available in the Immigration Rules and the related Sponsor Guidance.

Lastly, following the introduction of the new salary bands table, the Home Office will need to make changes to its internal systems, which may cause application processing delays in November (applications can be made for this period on or after October 6, 2015). This will not affect the number of RCoS available in either the October or November allocations."

If the above info is accurate, then we know two things:
1. The system can't be more stupid by not allowing unused RCoS to automatically return to the pool. It disobeys the Tier 2 guidance and attributes to the June/July disaster. The home office will change the system in Novemeber.
2. We don't know how many unused RCoS are left after 648 being returned. We need to know whether all the employers responded before 11 Aug, and whether the RCoS granted in June were included in last month's return request as the RCoS granted in June expired on 12 Aug(or at least 11 Aug), one day after the allocation meeting.

Furthermore, the latest immigration statistics of entry clearance Tier 2 general visa applications just came out. There are only 4254 and 3868 visa applications in Q1 and Q2 2015. But the RCoS granted in the same period are 5750 and 5431. Having taken into consideration of Tier 4 dependant and Croatians, there are still 1000+ mismatch each quarter. I know not all the visa applications are made during the same period, so I assume all the RCoS are used in the next month. Based on that I found the number of the RCoS granted is 6054 in Dec 2014-Feb 2015, and 5765 in Mar 2015-May 2015. The gap is even larger! I know technically a RCoS can be assigned at the end of three months, and then used in the visa application in another three months, but I assume there are only very few such cases!

I wonder whether all those RCoS were wasted due to the inefficiency of the management system. Please share your opinion. Thanks!
I thought the additional 648 in August was a miracle, but the article in your link said that it was just because the Home Office ask the Sponsors to return any unused certificates. I think this is quite reasonable.

If the Home Office did that for the August, I cannot see any reason why they would not do the same for the September, so I assume it is good news.

If the Home Office ask the Sponsors to return of unused certificates for the September allocation again, it could make a few additional certificates. It may not make as much as 648 as that in August I think, but at least it could give us a few more available certificates, which is good. I would say I hope it can add at least 100+ more certificates.

ks227

Post by ks227 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello All ,

I am thrilled to get my Tier 2 General UK visa.

Few details

- I had 40 points and was denied RCos in July
- RCoS was granted to me on 11th of August by home office , and it was assigned to me on 20th of August by third party dealing with my application.
- I made an application at vfs Chandigarh India on 25 of Aug, 2015.
- On 10th working day I received a message from British high commission delhi instructing me to collect my passport from chosen delivery address.

Documents Submitted

Print out of online application for
RCoS Certificate
Appendix 5 tier 2
Traffic offence details and driving license
Cover letter
Passport
Degree certificate

Please note that I made a mistake on my online application form , i put the wrong passport issue month on my online application form and I was worried about that but since BHC had my original passport so they must have realized that it was just a typing error and it did not affect my application.

The whole process was quite cumbersome and I I thank all of you for sharing data/analysis and other useful stuff to help one another. Thank you and Good luck to all of those awaiting decision on their visa application especially to those awaiting the cut off points for Sept RCoS , I sincerely hope everything goes back to normal.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:22 pm

ks227 wrote:Hello All ,

I am thrilled to get my Tier 2 General UK visa.

Few details

- I had 40 points and was denied RCos in July
- RCoS was granted to me on 11th of August by home office , and it was assigned to me on 20th of August by third party dealing with my application.
- I made an application at vfs Chandigarh India on 25 of Aug, 2015.
- On 10th working day I received a message from British high commission delhi instructing me to collect my passport from chosen delivery address.

Documents Submitted

Print out of online application for
RCoS Certificate
Appendix 5 tier 2
Traffic offence details and driving license
Cover letter
Passport
Degree certificate

Please note that I made a mistake on my online application form , i put the wrong passport issue month on my online application form and I was worried about that but since BHC had my original passport so they must have realized that it was just a typing error and it did not affect my application.

The whole process was quite cumbersome and I I thank all of you for sharing data/analysis and other useful stuff to help one another. Thank you and Good luck to all of those awaiting decision on their visa application especially to those awaiting the cut off points for Sept RCoS , I sincerely hope everything goes back to normal.
Congratss.. just curious why did you filled appendix 5 when yiu applied online ? Appendix 5 is only used when you apply by paper form VAF 9