ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check list before our NCS appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

palaremzi

Re: Check list before our NCS appointment

Post by palaremzi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:20 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. One. Yes. No.
2. Yes. No. Yes.
It's a bit irrelevant, but will ask anyway: What's the point of writing the name at the back of the photo if it's going to be glued to the form anyway. They won't peel it off, will they?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:14 am

palaremzi wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:1. One. Yes. No.
2. Yes. No. Yes.
It's a bit irrelevant, but will ask anyway: What's the point of writing the name at the back of the photo if it's going to be glued to the form anyway. They won't peel it off, will they?
It's probably in case the photo becomes detached from the form.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imranh

Post by imranh » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Hi there

Just a very final question

for question 1.1
1.1 Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency, or Home Office reference numbers
Does this number correspond to the Case ID number in ILR confirmation letter that my wife received?
The Case ID number looks more like what I was expecting as oppose to the "Our Ref: PEO LIV" which does not appear to be a unique number.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:47 pm

imranh wrote:Hi there

Just a very final question

for question 1.1
1.1 Please give previous Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency, or Home Office reference numbers
Does this number correspond to the Case ID number in ILR confirmation letter that my wife received?
The Case ID number looks more like what I was expecting as oppose to the "Our Ref: PEO LIV" which does not appear to be a unique number.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards
It is the HO reference on correspondence IF you have one. Not everyone has it or you can also put the BRP number
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi there

I thought I would post my experience with the NCS for the benefit other members.

The NCS lady was very helpful and cheerful and checked the application form and the required documents. I took extra documents in like our child's birth certificate but she wasn't interested in this nor interested in the colleague letter.

She took photocopies of our documents and returned them however she took the original LITUK letter.

She did also ask for proof of address bank statements/driving license/bills- so we provided our latest bank statement. So I would advise to bring a POA document even though it seems that this is not explicitly stated anywhere other than the NCS appointment letter.

She advised that the process could be up to 6 months (to plan for the worst case scenario) but more likely may take 3-4 months.

She advised that as my wife took the biometrics for her ILR she will unlikely need to take it again for naturalization - is this correct?

I guess the only question I had which I don't think she quite answered was how do I track and know that the HO have received the application? She mentioned I would I would know once they have taken the money out which maybe after a month or so. But that seems along time and unambiguous. Don't the HO send an acknowledgement letter as soon as they receive an application? or is there a way that I can track the application say this week or next week?

Many Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:38 pm

She took photocopies of our documents and returned them however she took the original LITUK letter. Normal, you don't get this back and won't need it again.

She advised that as my wife took the biometrics for her ILR she will unlikely need to take it again for naturalization - is this correct? Wrong. Your wife will have to submit biometrics. ALL citizenship applications, children and adults, have to submit biometrics since 6th April 2015.

I guess the only question I had which I don't think she quite answered was how do I track and know that the HO have received the application? She mentioned I would I would know once they have taken the money out which maybe after a month or so. But that seems along time and unambiguous. Don't the HO send an acknowledgement letter as soon as they receive an application? or is there a way that I can track the application say this week or next week? Did you not get a tracking number for Royal Mail? HO will write to acknowledging application but it will likely not be the same day that they receive it. Your best bet is to resign yourself to the waiting process now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:56 pm

imranh wrote:...

She advised that the process could be up to 6 months (to plan for the worst case scenario) but more likely may take 3-4 months.

She advised that as my wife took the biometrics for her ILR she will unlikely need to take it again for naturalization - is this correct?

I guess the only question I had which I don't think she quite answered was how do I track and know that the HO have received the application? She mentioned I would I would know once they have taken the money out which maybe after a month or so. But that seems along time and unambiguous. Don't the HO send an acknowledgement letter as soon as they receive an application? or is there a way that I can track the application say this week or next week?

Many Thanks in advance

Kind Regards
Yes NCS is great (within its parameters); clearly they're not fully up to speed on all the subleties & nuances of the process (such as biometrics) - which is why this forum is such an asset.

Suggest you now subscribe & contribute to the timeline tracking thread.
It's just a waiting game now.
Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

imranh

Post by imranh » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:08 pm

Thanks guys for the responses. I have submitted my details on the timelines thread.

I actually rung the NCS back and they gave me the Royal Mail reference number and I can see that it hasbeen delivered to an address in Liverpool (I have since realized that the naturalization applications are sent to Liverpool).

I just have to wait and see!!!!

Many Thanks

Kind Regards