ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa for children abroad

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JAMES2000

Re: EEA ROUTE NEED MORE ADVICE PLS

Post by JAMES2000 » Sat May 09, 2015 3:48 pm

I have a rented apartment of my own and will be visiting my wife and daughter in the UK, will find a job or be self employed.

Thanks again Casa for your advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Be aware of two important points.
1. You'll need to show that you are registered for tax as a resident in France on your earnings.
2. Frequent visits back to the UK could disqualify you from using the Surinder Singh route as you may find it difficult to prove that you've 'moved the centre of your life' to France. Especially when you will still have a family home here.
3. Do you have your children's birth certificates and is your name shown as the father?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JAMES2000

Post by JAMES2000 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Yes l am there biological father and there bear my surname as well.

JAMES2000

Post by JAMES2000 » Sat May 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Beside l have their birth certificates with me.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 09, 2015 4:50 pm

...and you are shown as the father on the birth certificates?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

JAMES2000

Post by JAMES2000 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Yes please

JAMES2000

EEA ROUTE NEED MORE ADVICE PLS

Post by JAMES2000 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:33 pm

Finally my children were granted Circulating Document for minor ( Resident Permit) in France.
Thanks to everyone for your valuable advice .

Now l want my children to go on holiday with me to the UK and back to France, do l need to apply for a Family Permit before leaving France? are they not going to be refused entering at the border entrance without FP?

If FP is required is it from the British embassy in Paris or UK?

Thanks in advance.

JAMES2000

Post by JAMES2000 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi everyone.
I am a bit confused about what the easy jet customers service and the ukba staff at the airport told me that my children cannot travel to the UK as there french circulating document for minor issued by the perfecture does not reflect or written family member of the eu.as l was told it not a residence permit.therefore they require visas

I told them l am exercising my eu treaty as a eu citizen resident in France, besides, minor are not issue residence permit in France until either 18 or 19 yrs but they insisted l cannot buy a ticket and if l did l will not be allow to board.

Can someone advise me on what to next pls.

I

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:42 pm

Do they not have passports or other formal ID?

Can't blame the airline as they are liable to be heavily fined for landing someone without the correct provenance, plus it's their business, they can impose whatever rules they think fit to protect themselves from such fines.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

JAMES2000

Post by JAMES2000 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:55 pm

They have Nigeria passport with their expired visa on.
Does that means they cannot be allowed travel?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 pm

JAMES2000 wrote:...

I told them l am exercising my eu treaty as a eu citizen resident in France, besides, minor are not issue residence permit in France until either 18 or 19 yrs but they insisted l cannot buy a ticket and if l did l will not be allow to board.

Can someone advise me on what to next pls.

I
Note If you are not actively working or self-sufficient or jobseeking (etc) then you are probably not actually exercising treaty rights in France - you are just some sort of visitor there.
So whatever time you spend there is not (at the moment) Surinder Singh type of time & unlikely to be acknowledged by HO as an adequate centre of life.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

JAMES2000

Post by JAMES2000 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks noartjan l registered as a self employed and l am three months on the business, my children goes to school as well with rented apartment, l am not just a visitor .

For the fact that they were granted permission to stay in France by the perfecture due to my nationality and France don't issue residence permit for minor,does that means this card for minor is not recognized by the UK as a residence card as compare to other countries that issue residence permit to children?