ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS Decisions for October 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

calizzy
Newly Registered

Re: Restricted COS Decisions for October 2015

Post by calizzy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:20 pm

I know ours will be evaluated this month, but how do I know for sure that my application passed. We applied in August and it was denied, not based on points but due to a problem with rlmt. I want to know that my application specifically has passed.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:35 pm

calizzy wrote:I know ours will be evaluated this month, but how do I know for sure that my application passed. We applied in August and it was denied, not based on points but due to a problem with rlmt. I want to know that my application specifically has passed.
Ohk, if that is the case with you, then your employer can only confirm this. Because it is the employer who got this information first.

vikrantarora14
Newly Registered

Post by vikrantarora14 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:27 pm

calizzy wrote:I know ours will be evaluated this month, but how do I know for sure that my application passed. We applied in August and it was denied, not based on points but due to a problem with rlmt. I want to know that my application specifically has passed.
Hi,

Can you let me know what exactly was the problem with RLMT?
And also do you know what RLMT documents are submitted along with the application?

calizzy
Newly Registered

Post by calizzy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 pm

The original job posting said something like "Salary negotiable based on experience" and that was rejected. They reran the ad for 30 days with the exact salary on it. Would it take a week for the employer to hear if the COS was approved?

vikrantarora14
Newly Registered

Post by vikrantarora14 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:27 am

calizzy wrote:The original job posting said something like "Salary negotiable based on experience" and that was rejected. They reran the ad for 30 days with the exact salary on it. Would it take a week for the employer to hear if the COS was approved?
My RLMT days Salary = "competitive". I checked with them and they said this is fine. Any thoughts?
Regarding your query, I don't think it takes a week for your employer to know whether it was granted or not. They should have the update in a day or two is my understanding.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:56 pm

As per the PAGE-5 of this PDF link of Uk home office website, they are still considering the old points table, the text says:

"An application must score a minimum of 32 points to be considered at a
monthly allocation meeting"

Link of PDF: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... S_v1_0.pdf

Still confused whether UK home office is going to consider old points table or New points Table.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:05 pm

vikrantarora14 wrote:
calizzy wrote:The original job posting said something like "Salary negotiable based on experience" and that was rejected. They reran the ad for 30 days with the exact salary on it. Would it take a week for the employer to hear if the COS was approved?
My RLMT days Salary = "competitive". I checked with them and they said this is fine. Any thoughts?
Regarding your query, I don't think it takes a week for your employer to know whether it was granted or not. They should have the update in a day or two is my understanding.
Hi vikrantarora14,

Last time you confirmed on this forum that new points table will be considered and you also shared the UK Home Office Link-Agreed.
But please see the below link which i have just found on Internet of Uk home office website, go to page 5 and it still says that "An application must score a minimum of 32 points to be considered at a
monthly allocation meeting. Applications failing to meet the minimum score are automatically
rejected."

And this document is updated on 9th October. I am still confused which points table will be considered, please if you can respond.

eefa05
Newly Registered

Post by eefa05 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:28 pm

It also says to see the sponsor guidance in regards to points scoring

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... d_v1_2.pdf

which if you look on the first page in the addenum it says it will use the new points scoring for 12 October. So I would say new one.

As well it can take up to a week to find out. Last month in September the date for the meeting was a Friday and my employer did not get the rejection until the following Thursday so it can take time.

Lets all hope for Monday.

vikrantarora14
Newly Registered

Post by vikrantarora14 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:05 pm

AFAIK, it is new points table.

calizzy
Newly Registered

Post by calizzy » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:28 pm

vikrantarora14 wrote:
Well, my employer said that they have hired immigrants before with the same advertisement and never had a problem. I don't know if the person reviewing my file was just being picky, or if they have tightened things up since the summer.

tarroka
Newly Registered

Post by tarroka » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi All,

I have question if you please .

I applied this month for RCOS , the COS for 5 years .

If i get the acceptance , is it possible to apply for Teir 2 visa for 3 years , or it must be 5 years ?

If i apply for 3 years , when the time comes to extend , can i use same certificate? because it should be 5 years , or do i need to make new certificate and start the COS process from begining?

Thanks.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:27 am

Hello All,

Any information about what will be the cut off score today? eagerly waiting.

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:18 am

eefa05 wrote:It also says to see the sponsor guidance in regards to points scoring

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... d_v1_2.pdf

which if you look on the first page in the addenum it says it will use the new points scoring for 12 October. So I would say new one.

As well it can take up to a week to find out. Last month in September the date for the meeting was a Friday and my employer did not get the rejection until the following Thursday so it can take time.

Lets all hope for Monday.
Hi,

Do you have any update on what is the cut off score??

ans08
Newly Registered

Post by ans08 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:05 am

Please keep watching the below space for any updates for october cut off. The meeting will be today and by evening the updates will be posted in the below link
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ponsorship

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:21 am

i am keeping constant eye on that link, but in August and september forum, many users given the update on score before it got updated on UK home office website.

eefa05
Newly Registered

Post by eefa05 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Mine just got approved but I was applying under shortage, exempt from RLMT. My employer got the email at noon UK time.
Last month it got rejected as shortage because I think my employer filled it out wrong but I am very happy for this months outcome. I am just waiting for all the details.
Unfortunately I do not know points, sorry but Goodluck!

ANUSHA_84
Newly Registered

Post by ANUSHA_84 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:23 pm

Congratulations.

Anyone else got update from Home office

ans08
Newly Registered

Post by ans08 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

All the posts in September and before that was just their own judgement about cutoff. No one really knows till the home office releases the result. In case of october, its really difficult to judge becoz no one is aware of how the new points table will be handled by home office. So just few hours remaining for the updates, all we can do is just wait patiently to see the results

ans08
Newly Registered

Post by ans08 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:30 pm

eefa05 wrote:Mine just got approved but I was applying under shortage, exempt from RLMT. My employer got the email at noon UK time.
Last month it got rejected as shortage because I think my employer filled it out wrong but I am very happy for this months outcome. I am just waiting for all the details.
Unfortunately I do not know points, sorry but Goodluck!
Congrats... Gossd luk for your visa processing as well

expat_escapades
Newly Registered

Post by expat_escapades » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:58 pm

Good luck everyone!! Sending good thoughts your way, hope we all get in!

expat_escapades
Newly Registered

Post by expat_escapades » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:39 pm

My friend just got in at 22 points!

expat_escapades
Newly Registered

Post by expat_escapades » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:46 pm

And I'm in as well!!!!

rcos_hopeful
Newly Registered

Post by rcos_hopeful » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:55 pm

expat_escapades wrote:And I'm in as well!!!!
Congrats! What was your score? Thanks :)

vikrantarora14
Newly Registered

Post by vikrantarora14 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Congratulations to all those who have got it.
I checked with the legal consultant who have filed on my behalf and they said it might take a few days for them to know the result whereas people have already started getting their results.
Any thoughts?

ans08
Newly Registered

Post by ans08 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:22 pm

vikrantarora14 wrote:Congratulations to all those who have got it.
I checked with the legal consultant who have filed on my behalf and they said it might take a few days for them to know the result whereas people have already started getting their results.
Any thoughts?

Not everyone gets the result on the same day. Home office release the result by batch, so from today you can get it any time till the end of the month. If you see in the September posts some of them got an update very late.