ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Update

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wasi36

Re: Tax Update

Post by wasi36 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:41 am

My Friend got amendments done sooner after making few phone calls to hmrc. I did the same thing. I can now check online as well and amount due by 1 jan 2016.

srimanthudu5957
Newly Registered

Post by srimanthudu5957 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:48 pm

bluecandi wrote:that is quick .... how they manage to do this so quickly.
I am still waiting for amendment of 2010/11 which was submitted on 1st September ... after number of phone calls they have said they did not receive them.

Sent them again another copy very recently and today confirmed they have received this copy . But now they are saying I have to wait till Feb 2016 to get them actioned or expect a reply.

Is there any way we can speed up the process ?? or should we just wait.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:29 pm

HMRC is sleeping on everyone's paperwork.

I am sick and tired of calling them. The advisors on the phone dont even have basic understanding of rules and compliance. Everytime you will get different date and different information.

Why not pay them a visit with a personalized cake from Harrods and some flowers. arrrgghhh

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:14 pm

bluecandi wrote:HMRC is sleeping on everyone's paperwork.

I am sick and tired of calling them. The advisors on the phone dont even have basic understanding of rules and compliance. Everytime you will get different date and different information.

Why not pay them a visit with a personalized cake from Harrods and some flowers. arrrgghhh
I know your frustration. I was in the similar boat and it took alomst 4.5 months for mine to get updated.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Got call from HMRC today as I raised a compliant of not meeting the timelines given.

My return is passed to compliance and thats the final stop where it will be dealt with. I called compliance and they said they not sure when it will be dealt could be 2 days and could be 2 weeks,

Is anyone else going through same process?

I know someone who is but they only received a letter from compliance department that we are dealing with it.

s_d_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by s_d_ilr » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:07 am

i have put an ammendment in aug for 2010/ 2011 in aug. still haven't recieved any update other than a letter saying "waiting for guidance" after calling them a few times. But last time i called they gave me 22 dec date.

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:30 am

s_d_ilr wrote:i have put an ammendment in aug for 2010/ 2011 in aug. still haven't recieved any update other than a letter saying "waiting for guidance" after calling them a few times. But last time i called they gave me 22 dec date.
Is it with compliance team in Edinburgh ? Call them every week.

Everything will be done sooner or later because its in favour of HMRC to get more money :lol: ... But for me I want this to be done within this year.

s_d_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by s_d_ilr » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:03 pm

do you have this team number?

immig000

Post by immig000 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:33 pm

s_d_ilr wrote:i have put an ammendment in aug for 2010/ 2011 in aug. still haven't recieved any update other than a letter saying "waiting for guidance" after calling them a few times. But last time i called they gave me 22 dec date.
Hi,
Was this amendment for your Self assessment or for corporation tax?

bluecandi
BANNED

Post by bluecandi » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Just had a chat with person in authority in HMRC.

They are not doing any out of date amendments at the moment. (2011 and earlier).

Someone has taken them to court for a refund and for that reason they are updating their guidelines which will all be done and dusted by this month or just after new year. The amendment work will resume after that.

If someone interested in reading the case here is the link

http://www.step.org/hmrc-cannot-reject- ... s-out-time

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:02 pm

bluecandi wrote:Just had a chat with person in authority in HMRC.

They are not doing any out of date amendments at the moment. (2011 and earlier).

Someone has taken them to court for a refund and for that reason they are updating their guidelines which will all be done and dusted by this month or just after new year. The amendment work will resume after that.

If someone interested in reading the case here is the link

http://www.step.org/hmrc-cannot-reject- ... s-out-time
Never believe what you are told in phone call, get it in writing.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

s_d_ilr
Newly Registered

Post by s_d_ilr » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:12 pm

immig000 wrote:
Hi,
Was this amendment for your Self assessment or for corporation tax?
Self assessment

Malikahmed
Newly Registered

Post by Malikahmed » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 am

Hi S D ILR

Any update on your case.
Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Google for a tax forum and post queries about tax amendments, HMRC procedures / policies and timelines there.
VIsit this forum when you have immigration queries to ask or answer.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!