ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) or PBS Dep - plus Financial Requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) or PBS Dep - plus Financial Requirements

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:51 am

haqhash wrote:Hi Char ,
Thanks a lot for your best support and advice in this matter.

In case of Salary from private limited company , the income threshold 18600/22400 remains the same or any changes ?

Secondly do we need to submit any of company tax returns or any docs about the company?

If we decide to join our salaries , does that mean adding both of our salaries for six months prior to the date of application?

Thanks
It gets confusing as you have been asking about two separate scenarios to get ILR and options for your spouse. You need to decide which route of ILR you are going to apply and what you plan to do about your spouse and state it clearly, then advice can be given accordingly. What applies to one route for you/spouse, does not necessarily apply to the other route, they are separate rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:00 am

CR001's advice to apply for ILR under Tier 1 (General) makes more sense for dependants.

However, if your wife is switching to FLR(M), then joint income is permitted. Evidence is subject to Appendix FM-SE.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:28 am

CR001 wrote:
haqhash wrote:Hi Char ,
Thanks a lot for your best support and advice in this matter.

In case of Salary from private limited company , the income threshold 18600/22400 remains the same or any changes ?

Secondly do we need to submit any of company tax returns or any docs about the company?

If we decide to join our salaries , does that mean adding both of our salaries for six months prior to the date of application?

Thanks
It gets confusing as you have been asking about two separate scenarios to get ILR and options for your spouse. You need to decide which route of ILR you are going to apply and what you plan to do about your spouse and state it clearly, then advice can be given accordingly. What applies to one route for you/spouse, does not necessarily apply to the other route, they are separate rules.
Dear Char,
I have decided to go for ILR on the basis of 10 years and then apply for my wife on FLR(M). And using salary from limited company as source of earning

Please reply in this scenario

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:12 pm

I have decided to go for ILR on the basis of 10 years and then apply for my wife on FLR(M). And using salary from limited company as source of earning
Join income can be used for FLR(M) and cannot be less than £18,600pa. You will also need to submit SA302 etc for self employment and make sure your tax affairs are in order. 12 months of your financial records for self employment and she can use 6 months of payslips and bank statements.

Your wife will have to wait 5 years on FLR(M) - 2 x 2.5 year FLR(M) visas - before she qualifies for ILR. She cannot count time already spent as PBS Dep towards this requirement.

You will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £500 before submitting her FLR(M) application, this is on top of the visa application fee (£649 by post or £1049 in person).

She needs English level A1 for FLR(M) application from an approved HO test provider.

2 years proof of cohabitation for subsisting marriage required.

Tier 1 route to ILR for you and dependent is still the better and cheaper option long term, but it is your choice.

Remember that even if you apply on 10 years basis, HO still checks tax paid to HMRC, income declared to HO/HMRC etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Join income can be used for FLR(M) and cannot be less than £18,600pa.
Likely insufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:48 pm

CR001 wrote:Tier 1 route to ILR for you and dependent is still the better and cheaper option long term, but it is your choice.
Agree.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:54 pm

vinny wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Join income can be used for FLR(M) and cannot be less than £18,600pa.
Likely insufficient.
Ahhh, of course you are correct Vinny :oops:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tier 1 route to ILR for you and dependent is still the better and cheaper option long term, but it is your choice.
Dear CR001,
Thanks for your detailed suggestion and i appreciate it. My tax returns are all up to date with HO and HMRC.

The Tier 1 ILR route requires that the income threshold should be same as it was with previous Tier 1 applications. Unfortunately we may be slightly below that threshold.

On a separate note financial requirements formula for FLR(M) is very complicated but i am sure we are ok with that.....

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:39 pm

For ILR based on Tier 1, see Q8 in the link below

FAQs for ILR Tier 1 G/Tier 2 Read Before Posting (Click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:28 am

Dear Members,
I have been reading the financial requirements for FLR(M) in case of a Limited company. To be honest these are quite complicated.

1. The salary from limited company comes in category F and G. we will have to use the salary from the last financial year of the company rather than 6 months prior to the visa application.

Company financial year ended in May 15 and we need to apply in March 16 so what is the way forward?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:05 am

Does your wife work and if yes, what is her annual salary?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:43 pm

CR001 wrote:Does your wife work and if yes, what is her annual salary?
She started earning about 8K from May this year and i am on 19k as director. Both from the same limited company.

But category F and G says that in case of director of limited company , salary should be from the company tax year which has already ended in May this year. But both these salaries increased in May this year.

In the tax year ended in May i was only taking salary from company

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:36 pm

any suggestion on above please

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Dear Members,
The answer to following question , can simplify my case

Can a director only rely on self employment earnings (the earnings which have not been earned from same limited company) ? I am employed as director of limited company but i have done some contract work as well...so can i use those earnings? In this case i donot have to worry about the limited company earnings and all the paper work about the company etc

Please can some one reply?