ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (LR) Application refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Infofreak

Re: FLR (LR) Application refused

Post by Infofreak » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:20 am

Is there no one who can help me regarding this Consent Order?

I read few other posts and they are saying they asked the treasury solicitor for visa etc. How do we do that? Do we write a letter and ask them to agree with our terms? Or do we call?

Can any one explain me the process?

I thought this was good news. But my solicitor said that the HO wants to go ahead with the JR and thats what this letter means. Which confused me more. As that is not what i understand from this letter. Will be visiting my solicitor tomorrow so i just wanted to make sure i understand what i am doing before i take the next step.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:14 am

It's a Consent Order to say they want to have another look at the facts of the case.

I've not commented before as I did not understand your initial time line, it wasn't clear.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:37 am

Can anyone help me as to how long should i wait after accepting the consent to reconsideration from the home office? And how can I speed up the process. As they have taken forever to come up with a decision n took me round and round the process.

Briefing again on my case:

Had a student visa then extended to tier 1 which was refused. Went on an in time appeal which was dismissed later by when i reached my 10 year and applied a fresh application as FLR(LR) as i did not have any ID on me to give my LIUK. After waiting for about 7 months they sent me letter saying that my case was human rights case and it will take longer. I sent them a letter that i applied for 10 yrs rule as i was still legal in the country. Then later on they refused my visa this feb that after another 3 months that i dont fall under the 20 year rule as i have not stayed here for 20 yrs. I applied for JR stating my facts again. Then again HO comes back to me asking me for the consent to reconsider. Which my solicitor suggested to accept. And here I am another 4 and half months passed and I am still waiting.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:43 am

Ask your solicitor?

It is usually within 3 months of the consent order. Does the consent order specify?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:24 am

avjones wrote:Ask your solicitor?

It is usually within 3 months of the consent order. Does the consent order specify?
I have asked my solicitor. He keeps asking me to wait. Its been quite a long wait already. We had sent a letter specifying that we agree with the consent and will wait for the reconsideration for 3 months and if we dont get any reply we will go for JR again. But now when i speak to him he says wait 6 months!

I just wanted some consultation here as to if this is right. Can i not do anything except for just wait? n wait for how long? :(

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:11 am

You've got a solicitor, I'm sorry, you need to speak to him. He has all the papers and knowledge of the case, we can't really second-guess.

Infofreak

Post by Infofreak » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Update:
I called the home office at the beginning of last week and they said that my case is being looked into. This week i got my documents and brp.

Thank you all who has provided me with all the information. Special thanx to Mom_ato. I really hope and pray that your application has a smooth ending too and you get ur visa very soon.

Now I have to apply for ILR. My solicitor again told me not to go for premium service, which i am surprised at. i feel this is another way for him to just ask for more money. I have already spent a lot of time and money to get to here and as i was not allowed work it is really hard for me arrange more. :oops:

What do u guys think? Isnt my case really straight forward now as they have agreed and said they are satisfied I have been in the country 10 yrs legally?