ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Fees

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

g722199

Re: EEA Family Permit Fees

Post by g722199 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:34 am

I am very grateful for all the information so far.Although, still a bit confused on some aspects family member and extended family member. What I understand from reading the link by noajthan is that it is not definitive to provide bank statements of either myself or spouse, as evidence of money transfer can show that financial depenpency. From the same link, here is what is said about extended family on page 6.

Definition of extended family member
Regulation 8 defines an extended family member as a person who is not a family member of an EEA national under regulation 7(1)(a), (b) or (c) and who is either
A relative of an EEA national or their spouse or civil partner who is dependent on the EEA national or is a member of their household

in addtion
There is no limit on the distance of the relationship between the EEA national or their
spouse

or civil partner and the extended family member as long as they can provide valid
proof of the relationship between them.

So therefore evidence of relationship and dependency is the only thing required

Also one of the principles of the eea free movement is that, there can't be a price tag for bringing in family on holiday not to talk of staying. And this is why many British who can't afford the uk cost for love and many are taking the surrinder singh route.
I have no intension of claiming benefits while my parent is here, this cost of this trip I am planing is well beyond what any benefit I may claim, if any at all. So HO need not worry in that regard.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:45 am

g722199 wrote:I am very grateful for all the information so far.Although, still a bit confused on some aspects family member and extended family member. What I understand from reading the link by noajthan is that it is not definitive to provide bank statements of either myself or spouse, as evidence of money transfer can show that financial depenpency. From the same link, here is what is said about extended family on page 6.

:!: Note: you may be confused & looking & looking at inappropriate guidance as a mother-in-law is classed as a direct family member and not as an extended family member.

It is direct family member Regulations & rules that apply to a m-i-l.

I posted the link to direct members guidance document (above).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

g722199

Post by g722199 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:16 pm

noajthan wrote:
g722199 wrote:I am very grateful for all the information so far.Although, still a bit confused on some aspects family member and extended family member. What I understand from reading the link by noajthan is that it is not definitive to provide bank statements of either myself or spouse, as evidence of money transfer can show that financial depenpency. From the same link, here is what is said about extended family on page 6.

:!: Note: you may be confused & looking & looking at inappropriate guidance as a mother-in-law is classed as a direct family member and not as an extended family member.

It is direct family member Regulations & rules that apply to a m-i-l.

I posted the link to direct members guidance document (above).
Thank you noajthan for clarifying that.