ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR card application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

buktais

Re: EEA PR card application

Post by buktais » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Hi,

I am EEA national and applied for PR in June 2015. I used new form that includes benefits section but simply did not include it. Filled all the other relevant sections but this one. I was exercising TR as employed. Got my PR granted in 6 weeks despite missing section.

Now we have applied for PR for my non EEA husband and once again, new form excluding benefits section.

Hope you will find my experience useful. Good luck!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Excellent....you are a star..thank you very very much :)

I will start the process. Can i contact you again later on if I get stuck anywhere? PM you maybe?
Probably more effective to post questions in public - that is what the forum is for.
Then everyone can contribute and share relevant information.

Good luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:39 pm

Thank you Buktais,

May i ask....when you applied for your non EEA application....did you your husband have to provided any supporting documents or just marriage certificate and id? Also when you applied for self sufficiency for yourself based on fact you are employed ....did you provided payslips only or bank statements as well?

By the way I did not know that EEA national has to apply for PR as well? What nationality are you ?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:43 pm

Note Self-sufficiency is a different category from the worker category of qualified person; (each has different requirements).

In general, if an EEA national has ambitions for privilege of citizenship a PR card is now required, (simply acquiring PR status is not enough).
This won't apply to you as you have become British before the rules changed.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:01 pm

I enclosed marriage certificate and birth certificates of our children, my PR card dated 2015 June and some payslips showing TR up to November 2015 as it is when or 5th wedding anniversary is (although I understand I do not have to continue TR after I acquire PR). I also enclosed bills/bank statements to show uninterrupted residence 2 for each year for both of us. Form, photos and that's about it.

I have never been self sufficient, I have always been employed, for my PR I enclosed WRS registration and payslpis, p45s, p60s, letters from employers to prove this. I'm Lithuanian.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Now I am confused.

Only my husband is applying here for the PR card. I am the sponsor. So I have to show what I have been doing for the past 5 years and thank god I have had no gaps in employment so i will show payslips and contracts of employment. I thought that means I am self sufficient as I work don't rely on public funds like income support etc.

What is the difference between self sufficient and employed?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:04 pm

ivetalopes wrote:Now I am confused.

Only my husband is applying here for the PR card. I am the sponsor. So I have to show what I have been doing for the past 5 years and thank god I have had no gaps in employment so i will show payslips and contracts of employment. I thought that means I am self sufficient as I work don't rely on public funds like income support etc.

What is the difference between self sufficient and employed?
You need to be very clear which category you fall into so you provide the right supporting evidence.
You can get up to speed here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:34 pm

ivetalopes wrote:What is the difference between self sufficient and employed?
Think of 'self-sufficient' as 'independently wealthy', but the threshold is quite low, and can even include being kept by one's non-EEA spouse. From what you say, you've been a worker, so you don't need to worry abut the concept.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:46 pm

You mean "independently wealthy" like I have money and maybe don't need to work? So I am not in the self sufficient category....I am in the worker category

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:52 pm

This section tells you how a European Economic Area (EEA) national can be a qualified person in the worker category under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (as amended).
A worker is an EEA national who is exercising their free movement rights in the UK by working in paid employment on a full-time or part-time basis.
Evidence of this may include:
 payslips dated no more than six weeks before the application was made
 a letter from the employer confirming employment, or
 a contract of employment.

So my husband is the Non EEA national applying for the PR card and I am the sponsor. So the above section applies to me I think and I have to submit the evidence. Correct me if I am wrong?

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:07 pm

I forgot to mention that for the past 1 year and 3 months I have been self employed. I have my own LTD company. But before that for the first 3.5 years of marriage i was employed. So shall I provide proof of self employment and employment? Doe this proof need to cover all the 5 years of our marriage? If yes I was employed for the first 3 and a half years and after that self employed

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:41 pm

ivetalopes wrote:I forgot to mention that for the past 1 year and 3 months I have been self employed. I have my own LTD company. But before that for the first 3.5 years of marriage i was employed. So shall I provide proof of self employment and employment? Doe this proof need to cover all the 5 years of our marriage? If yes I was employed for the first 3 and a half years and after that self employed
Yes if you have exercised treaty rights in more than one category of qualified person then provide the timelines in appropriate section of the form (and submit the supporting evidence for each one).
So answer as a worker and then as self-employed.

You need to demonstrate a continuous 5 year period of treaty rights altogether.
Hopefully with no gaps.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:07 pm

we got married January 2011....so I have worked from January 2011 until August 2014. Then I did not work for 3 months and then in December 2014 I set up my own company so have been self employed since. So the only gap is September, October and November 2014. In those 3 months I was really just preparing to set up my own company so is that ok to explain on the cover letter?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:14 pm

ivetalopes wrote:we got married January 2011....so I have worked from January 2011 until August 2014. Then I did not work for 3 months and then in December 2014 I set up my own company so have been self employed since. So the only gap is September, October and November 2014. In those 3 months I was really just preparing to set up my own company so is that ok to explain on the cover letter?
You need to fit into a recognised category of qualified person to have kept your PR clock running.

For example, if you were a jobseeker you need to show you were registered as such and also looking for work.

if you think you were self-sufficient you need to show you were living on your own funds and had CSI in place.

buktais

Post by buktais » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:51 pm

3 months between employment and self employment is a gap, only 30 days without Treaty Rights is allowed. Not sure if setting up a business can be counted as job-seeking. My guess it cannot. I fear your clock towards husband's PR restarted in December 2014. It means PR will be aquired December 2019.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:09 pm

No No I didn't explain properly. I left my employment in August 2014. In September 2014 I started working from home as self employed but when you start you have to register as self employed by law within 3months. I actually started the job in September 2014 which i do until today. But I had a choice whether to register just self employed or as a limited company so I registered a limited company on 10th December 2014. So I have in fact started self employment a week after leaving employment but didn't officially register it straight away as you have 3 months to register by law. Is that ok?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:19 pm

ivetalopes wrote:No No I didn't explain properly. I left my employment in August 2014. In September 2014 I started working from home as self employed but when you start you have to register as self employed by law within 3months. I actually started the job in September 2014 which i do until today. But I had a choice whether to register just self employed or as a limited company so I registered a limited company on 10th December 2014. So I have in fact started self employment a week after leaving employment but didn't officially register it straight away as you have 3 months to register by law. Is that ok?
If you have adequate documentary supporting evidence for that timeline then it should be fine.
For example, documents showing business activity, expenses and invoices (etc etc) from September, 2014.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:22 pm

When you start working as self employed you don't have to register straight away ...you have 3 months to do it so officially the company was incorporated on 10th December 2014. Oh dear I hope it will not be a problem.

Also have looked at guidance notes and it says that me the sponsor must show either a document which proves my permanent residence or if not I must prove i was a qualified person through employed, self employed etc. This is ambigous as actually my British passport proves my permanent residence here??? So since I have a British passport why should I have to prove i was a qualified person through employment self employed etc? I have dual nationality

this whole thing is so confusing

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:27 pm

I run a call centre from home and provide services to companies like Apple, Sky etc. and I contract with another company called Arise and they give me the job. So I left my employment and a week later I started with Arise from home. But for the first one month I was in training and then contract was signed with them 16th September. They didn't pay me for the first month of training but then I started earning. So I guess I started the job but the first month was unpaid training so yes just 30 days

buktais

Post by buktais » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:12 am

ivetalopes wrote: actually my British passport proves my permanent residence here??? So since I have a British passport why should I have to prove i was a qualified person through employment self employed etc? I have dual nationality
If you choose EEA route, yuo should ignore your British nationality and everything it brings. As far as EEA permits concerned, your are non brit EEA Citizen living in UK.

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:24 am

Now I am a bit worried

I started self employment straight away like I said but registered my company within 3 months. I have now gone through all my paperwork and as I have an accountant she has submitted my annual returns obviously and declared everything but from the day I registered the company but the work began 2.5 months earlier so I don't think she has declared my income from day one but only from day company was incorporated. oh my god I am panicking now...she asked me when i registered company and I told her but the actual work started a little earlier than that. I don't know if this will be a problem. I have to contact her tomorrow to see what she will say :(

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:59 am

Also when submitting payslips from employment should i submit a few from each year or has to be one for each month of each year? And from self employment they say you have to submit bank statements showing money is going in from your company...thats' ok but a few for each year again or every single month? That will be a lot of paperwork

ivetalopes
United Kingdom

Submitting supporting documents for EEA PR application

Post by ivetalopes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi I posted yesterday on this topic but thought i would start new

When submitting supporting documents according to the guidance notes on EEA PR form it says submit all relevant documents for the period which is not clear.

I have been employed and self employed. If they ask for payslips of employment for the relevant period which is 3 years...can i submit a few payslips from each year or I have to submit for each month of those 3 years and also for self employment (as I am a director of a company) they say submit payslips and bank statements for relevant period....again for each month or pick a few for the year? I don't know how to send so much paperwork? I will need a big box....

jay.ho
Member of Standing

Re: Submitting supporting documents for EEA PR application

Post by jay.ho » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:22 pm

You need to submit whole 3 year record .
P60 if not then payslips and self employed record

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Kindly refrain from making mutiple posts on same related question!
In doing so you are violating the Board T&Cs and making unnecessary work for Board moderator.