ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time frame to receive acknowledgement / biometric letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time frame to receive acknowledgement / biometric letter

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 am

bradly wrote:HO sent me an email like yours and they told me they have sent me bio letter 10 days ago and they said i should receive it so far. could you plz tell me that is there any time limit for enrolment in your bio letter and the letter was signed for or you received it in your postbox?
Why have you posted the same question again in another sub forum when you have a topic in the EEA sub forum and have received advice there already?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bradly
Newly Registered

Post by bradly » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:29 am

CR001 wrote:
bradly wrote:HO sent me an email like yours and they told me they have sent me bio letter 10 days ago and they said i should receive it so far. could you plz tell me that is there any time limit for enrolment in your bio letter and the letter was signed for or you received it in your postbox?
Why have you posted the same question again in another sub forum when you have a topic in the EEA sub forum and have received advice there already?
Because i just called HO and they told me the biometric letter is signed for. However i don't know how you answerd me that the biometric letter is second class ukmail !!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:23 pm

bradly wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Because i just called HO and they told me the biometric letter is signed for. However i don't know how you answerd me that the biometric letter is second class ukmail !!!
Because ALL mine were normal post. HO call centre is well known for giving out incorrect advice so don't bank on what they have said as being the gospel truth. Please continue in your topic you already have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

usmmlik

Post by usmmlik » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:14 pm

hi,
I have posted my application on 18.03.2017 and still haven't got any answer. no Acknowledgement letter, nothing. shall I contact them or wait?
thanks

usmmlik

Post by usmmlik » Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
bradly wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Because ALL mine were normal post. HO call centre is well known for giving out incorrect advice so don't bank on what they have said as being the gospel truth. Please continue in your topic you already have.
hi,
I have posted my application on 18.03.2017 and still haven't got any answer. no Acknowledgement letter, nothing. shall I contact them or wait?
thanks

uday1122
Newly Registered

Post by uday1122 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:29 am

Hello,

I have asked them to reissue the letters with confirmation of address ,So they dispatched the letters on 1st class mail received next working day.

Thanks
bradly wrote:
uday1122 wrote:
Hectrom wrote:Well. 5 weeks already and i haven't received anything... Im still waiting for the letter to arrive..
Any update guys?
Hi,
I was in same situation like you .I called to UKBA they asked me to wait 4-6 weeks but bit of google I sent an email to Appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk on 18/04/2017 then they replied me on 25/04/2017 as follows

"The letters for biometric enrolment were sent on 14/04/2017. Have you still not received them?
If you haven’t can you please confirm the address they need to be despatched to and I will forward fresh copies."

i don't know how its was missed by the post, So I replied them to re send the letters very next day 26/03/2017 got the post with biometric enrolment letters.
Visa Type:Tier2 general extension
Date applied:28/03/2017
Date of posted:29/03/2017
Date home office received:30/03/2017
Hope this will helpful to you :)
HO sent me an email like yours and they told me they have sent me bio letter 10 days ago and they said i should receive it so far. could you plz tell me that is there any time limit for enrolment in your bio letter and the letter was signed for or you received it in your postbox?

Hello:2017
Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:42 am

Hi
Does anyone know when the HO will send back your passports after having applied for a BRP? I have received the biometrics letter and I have enrolled my biometrics but am still waiting for my passport. They have had it for about 5/6 weeks now.

Thanks people!

Hectrom
Newly Registered

Post by Hectrom » Tue May 09, 2017 10:32 am

Hello:2017 wrote:Hi
Does anyone know when the HO will send back your passports after having applied for a BRP? I have received the biometrics letter and I have enrolled my biometrics but am still waiting for my passport. They have had it for about 5/6 weeks now.

Thanks people!
I am not sure it they send back the documents at this point of the process.. as far as i know.. they send them back once a decision has been made.. and you know.. it could take up to 6 months..
Does anyone know if they sent the documents after the bio metrics enrollment or until the decistion it's been made?

Thanks

Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Hectrom wrote:

Thanks people!
I am not sure it they send back the documents at this point of the process.. as far as i know.. they send them back once a decision has been made.. and you know.. it could take up to 6 months..
Does anyone know if they sent the documents after the bio metrics enrollment or until the decistion it's been made?

Thanks
I don't understand what you mean by "decision is been made", what decision do you mean? I have had my ILR for 39years! The HO don't seem very clear about the whole process!

crayoner
Newly Registered

Post by crayoner » Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

I set out mine on 27 March and still waiting for my biometrics letter. I have also contacted them via email but no reply so far...I could only keep praying and waiting ..sigh

Newly Registered

Post by Hello:2017 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:33 am

Are you applying from an NTL?

kclay70
Newly Registered

Post by kclay70 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:54 am

Please help me. I did my extended leave to remain application online and immediately after payment I got a payment confirmation and reference number. When Will I get an acknowledgement letter? Will it be by post or email? My employer isn't accepting the payment confirmation and reference number and they have received nothing back from the check they requested- it's been a week since my employer submitted a request on my application. I made my online app and payment 12 May 2017, sent all documents recorded mail 15 May, they received 16 May. Will I get an acknowledgment and when??? Payment was taken immediately and all was done online. Just wondering if the payment information IS my acknowledgement and if it is how do I get my employer to accept it??? Most frustrating process ever...

Shy13utterfly
Newly Registered

Post by Shy13utterfly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:11 pm

Hectrom wrote:

Thanks people!
Does anyone know if they sent the documents after the bio metrics enrollment or until the decision it's been made?

Thanks
Have you receive your acknowledgement yet? They have received my documents 04/05/2017 but haven't heard from them until now.

Please give me an update about yours.

Thank you.

Kasper89
Newly Registered

Post by Kasper89 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:42 am

Eea unmarried partner with EEA national
Posted 21-03-2017
Received by HO- 22-03-2017
Payment taken 23-03-2017
It has been 2 months two weeks I haven't received my biometrics, I'm so worried now, my Lawyer emailed but no sign of reply, still waiting with my fingers crossed .. is anyone in my situation this long??

bearcat
Newly Registered

Post by bearcat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:03 pm

Hello I have a concern about my acknowledgement letter too. I don't know who this conversation is focused on, but my case is British Citizenship application (made on 17th May through NCS). I received the acknowledgement email on 29th May and the money went off my bank account on 31st May. But I still haven't received either the physical acknowledgement letter or biometric enrolment letter (it is 11 June today). Looking at other people's timeline, they are usually posted the next day from the email acknowledgement. The NCS's information says that if you do not enrol for the biometric register within 15 days after the date of the letter, your application will be rejected. I am worried that the letter(s) might have gone lost in the post. I have emailed Appointmentexceptions@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but so far no reply. Should I ring them to ask about it or would they have a reason why they are delaying in sending me the letters, and does it happen often?

CanadianBear
Newly Registered

Post by CanadianBear » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:44 am

I sent my BioMetrics application in about 5 weeks ago. No acknowledgment from them so far. I originally sent in my application for a NTL from a old Indefinite Leave to Remain stamp ,last year- yes thats right, I applied in late 2016. Only after several months of me emailing them- did a application for a BioMetrics application to take to the post office arrive.

So far, no correspondence from them. Forget trying to call- there is no point, as its basically a answering machine. Tried countless emails.

Just started to try to get my passport back- and was told online that my application will be cancelled if I do and use my passport for travel.

So stuck. I paid a lot of money for this level of service. BUT---on the website page asking for my documents back----IF YOU FORK OUT ANOTHER £400 they will process it within 10 days---ONTOP of the £300 odd quid I paid back last year.

I have written a letter of complaint to their complaints office too- surprise surprise no answer.

The whole thing was so I Could travel to France and return without bother as its a old stamp and my old photo obviously doesn't look like me now....and the boarder control have stopped Indefinite leave to Remain holders from re-entry ..

Feel like Im stuck. Don't even know which passport office has it....I figure either Durham or Liverpool.

Canadian without a passport.

kclay70
Newly Registered

Online site to track app

Post by kclay70 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Great new beta service: https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/ ... visastatus

The only reference number it would accept from me was my IHS reference number and it says "Awaiting Decision".

Also my landlord did a landlord check on me and Home office cane back within 24 hours saying they could rent to me on a 12 month lease. That to me seems like I'm good even though it says they are still awaiting decision. Anyway, little tricks to help calm you down a bit:)

Good luck!

Holly6541
Newly Registered

Post by Holly6541 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:52 pm

I don't know if this is any help to anyone but here is my husbands timeframe so far:

19/06/2017 - Application Sent
21/06/2017 - Payment Taken
03/07/2017 - Acknowledgement Email Received

hlputra90
Newly Registered

Post by hlputra90 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Holly6541 wrote:I don't know if this is any help to anyone but here is my husbands timeframe so far:

19/06/2017 - Application Sent
21/06/2017 - Payment Taken
03/07/2017 - Acknowledgement Email Received
Hi Holly6541, did your husband applied online ? Is it for FLR(M) application too ? I applied the same day as your husband but I haven't received anything yet.

alanmwene
Newly Registered

Post by alanmwene » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:15 am

Hey guys,I am new on this forum and I just want someone to clarify some points for me.I sent my details +travel document+ILR status letter from the home office about 10 days ago,and reading the comments here,I guess I still have a long way to go before receiving a letter from the home office.I do not know if there is a lawyer on here ,but I want to ask few questions:

1-Does the Home office has the right to hold on to people documents for so long when people are already known to the home office?I cant imagine the home office doing the same to british citizens.

2-It seems that the home office keeps the document until " a decision is made",which decision has to be made for someone who was granted permanent residency? Or can your ILR status be revoqued?

3-I don't know why is it acceptable for the home office to leave people without any form of identification for so long ,preventing people to live a normal life (jobs,travel,housing...)? Isnt a breach of people human rights?We pay the same taxes as british citizen,shoudlnt we expect the same type of treatment?Isnt this blatant discrimination?Cant we do something about it in court or at least put a complaint to the equality commission?

Sincerely yours
Alan

Stoney1
Newly Registered

Post by Stoney1 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:35 pm

I have a just recently had to withdraw my application due to the length of time of this.

Timeframe:
22.5.17 Letter to Home Office (Durham)- sent by recorded delivery. Home Office website says 20 working days to process. (see attached)

8.6.17 Letter from Home Office to acknowledge receipt of my application (ONLY received on the 12th June) which clearly sets out the process regarding a biometric test. I must attend a biometric centre within the next 15 days. It also clearly sets out that if any of the details were incorrect in the letter I must inform them immediately. (See page 2) which I did on the same day.

12.6.17 email from myself to the Home Office to advise that they (the Home Office) spelt my middle name wrong awaiting further instructions.

21.6.17 email from Home Office to WARN ME that if I did not turn up for my biometric test within the next 2 days they would throw my application out - see attached.

21.6.17 Drove to St Albans to have my biometrics carried out with the WRONG name. The Post Office agreed to do so as it was my middle name that was spelt incorrectly.

2.7.17 Finally Acknowledgement of my biometrics by the Home Office and that my name was wrong it could be another 20 working days. (The Home Office website clearly states if the Home Office were not able to process the application in 20 working days they would notify me. This is incorrect and false information given on the website.)

3.7.17 Withdrew application due to forthcoming Holiday.

The Government website states 20 working days but that is rubbish. After 7 weeks of waiting the Home Office made me attend a Biometric test with the wrong name or my application would be thrown out and I would lose all the money?!?!? that was 2 weeks ago and despite being told my passport would be returned within 7 to 10 days, I was informed on the 3rd July that my application has only been passed to a case worker and will be a further 20 working days - possibly longer. :evil:

ON taking this matter to my local MP, who has been brilliant, she has established that due to the enormous back log applications can take up to 6 months. all my emails sent are returned with automated responses. You can't talk to anyone. All I would say is clear your diary for 6 months prior to applying. By all means pay the extra for premium service but if you read previous posts you are still looking at a couple of months. Disgraceful.

Jan2003
Newly Registered

Post by Jan2003 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi everyone
Application send: 02.04.2017
Payment take on the 15.04.2017
And I have not received anything back from hm no biometric
Nothing .can anyone one tell clear how long does it take to
Receive biometric .because I am going to lose my job as my visa is expired already .or any one have home office number or email

Anup123
Newly Registered

Post by Anup123 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi,
I applied FLR FP
MY TIMELINE
Applied : 15th of June 2017
Fees deducted: 20th of June 2017
Acknowledgment and Biomatric letter: still waiting

I am worried why so long ...
Could you please advise me guys.
I appreciate your advise and help.
Thank you.
Kind Regards,

suzannecosmos
Newly Registered

Post by suzannecosmos » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi, is there anybody out there whom has applied for an Unmarried partner ? My partner, Singapore based as applied, and it was sent to Manila in Singpaore. It has now been 16 working days and not response. Has anybody experienced this time scale and what action, if any, can be taken to merely, achieve knowledge / comfort / hope/ understanding of what this takes as it has gone past the 15 days working days ? Please, I would really appreciate any insight, knowledge of this struggle to understand ? Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Ksarian1
Newly Registered
United States of America

How long after biometrics do I have before I post it to decision making centre?

Post by Ksarian1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:49 pm

I have accidentally applied for stage 2 online, before stage 1. I have a biometrics appointment set up mext week! I do not plan on sending my biometrics in until I have received my stage 1 endorsement. Is there a strict timeframe from when biometrics are completed and when you send them in to the decision making centre?? Sooo worried. Please advise!!!