ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dublinhope

Re: EEA permit application surinder Singh route ireland

Post by Dublinhope » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:49 pm

LisaP wrote:Hey guys
So a big update we went to pick up our documents and we got approved for my husbands EEA permit!! I was so afraid because all the new changes that will be coming.Thank you all for your help so far. Now on to the next step and that is UK residence. If anyone has questions about anything that I gone through, don't be afraid to ask
WHAT DID YOU PUT ON HOW LONG ARE YOU TRAVELLING TO VISIT UK?
ALSO ADDRESS IN UK WHAT DID YOU PUT?

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:41 pm

For how long we staying in the UK we put permanent. For address we put the address here in Ireland. In the cover letter I wrote that we were staying with my parents in the UK

a.s.b.o
- thin ice -

Post by a.s.b.o » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Casa wrote:
noajthan wrote:
KAMRAN143 wrote:noajthen@ thanks for your reply could you please share any updated story of surrinder singh success story ?
You could start here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20success

- but do keep abreast of the latest developments & changes out of Europe (from recent days) via the media :!:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016 ... t-eu-rules
Ok, I see the case. Primarily, a lithuanian / latvia gal with a Pakistani husband (ukba reported this as a particular and REPEATING trend). But what about a columbian / peruvian husband/wife joining his or her spouse and entering his/her country after residing in another country?

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:13 am

Once my husband recieves his uk residence I will start a new thread with all the details. I believe that the 3 month story is out of date and a little misleading. It gives good info but most of it has changed :(. So once we complete the last stage I will definitely post everything

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Lisa,

Just to confirm did you applied UK family permit after stamp 4 in Ireland I.e. After registering with Garda and GNIB card?

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 pm

Yes we decided to wait for our Stamp 4 eufam (not the temporary one).

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:30 pm

LisaP wrote:Once my husband recieves his uk residence I will start a new thread with all the details. I believe that the 3 month story is out of date and a little misleading. It gives good info but most of it has changed :(. So once we complete the last stage I will definitely post everything
That is truly in the best spirit of the ImmigrationBoards community.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Hamza2013
Member of Standing

Post by Hamza2013 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:49 am

Thanks Lisa,

Apologies in advance in my poor understanding of Irish stamps,

I thought Stamp 4 is temporary stamp given for 6 months followed by Residence card which is 5 years.

Did you get residence card prior moving to UK?

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:51 pm

Yes the stamp 4eufam is also the residence card. Yes we decided to wait for the 5 year residence because we believed that would support Centre of life more

LisaP
Newly Registered

Will this be an issue when Husband applies for UK residence?

Post by LisaP » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Hello everyone,
This is an urgent situation and we need your help. So my husband and I arrived to Stanstead airport london from Dublin airport Ireland today. We went through the EU area by mistake and none of his documents were checked. He has a EEA FP. Will this cause him any problems when he applies for his residency?? What should we do now???We are so nervous at the moment and any advice or information will be very helpful. Thank you in advance

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Will this be an issue when Husband applies for UK reside

Post by Richard W » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:56 am

I think you actually used the right queue. There's often a preference for families to travel together, and there's very definitely a preference for EU family members to travel with their EU national.

It's the Common Travel Area (CTA), and there wouldn't have been any check if you'd driven to Belfast. In theory, six month visas get reduced in validity to three months if you cross a border within the CTA, but formally the family permit isn't a visa.

Weren't your documents checked in Dublin, anyway?

If you're still worried, try ringing them in the morning to see if they want to do anything. Remember, if he was in the wrong queue, it was Immigration's job to spot it. They should know that passengers stray!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:10 am

Keep your boarding passes and travel tickets, etc., as evidence of travel. Make copies as ink may fade over time.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LisaP
Newly Registered

Post by LisaP » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:00 am

Hey Richard
Thank you for your reply. We flew from Dublin to London and there weren't any checks from either side. It was so confusing... when we arrived at London stanstead airport we picked up our luggage then there were 3 areas
1. Nothing to Declare
2. Something to declare
3 Traveling from an EU country
So we went through number 3 since we came from Dublin.

Hey Vinny
Thank you for your reply. I will save my boarding pass and add it to my supporting documents when I apply for my UK residency. I will also try to get in contact with some one but not sure who. Any ideas .?

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:52 pm

LisaP wrote:Thank you for your reply. We flew from Dublin to London and there weren't any checks from either side. It was so confusing... when we arrived at London stanstead airport we picked up our luggage then there were 3 areas
1. Nothing to Declare
2. Something to declare
3 Traveling from an EU country
So we went through number 3 since we came from Dublin.
That sounds exactly as it should be with regard to immigration-checks. You travelled from one part of the CTA to another, and so there were no immigration-related passport checks.