ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Government plans to price immigrant out of UK via appeal fee

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Government plans to price immigrant out of UK via appeal

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Thanks vinny . I have not been doing much reading today.

Most welcome. I will not commend the government for it, as it was a moral duty not a concession.

I was happy they had these tough fees, because it assist people like myself and others to demonstrate with evidence, just how hostile the government is to immigrants and their right to exercise their appeal rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:01 pm

A cynical opening gambit in a ploy to double fees by first quintupling them?
OR
a heartwarming return of common sense and the British sense of fair play?

Perhaps the jury is still out.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:26 pm

Many people have opted out of appeal before this changes.

The British sense of fair play? That is a bit of a cliché .

When one sees the rate of increase in application fees, they may be inclined to conclude that the use of that term has been devoid of any meaning. .

Perhaps we could rephrase the term to " Sense of fear play".

Petaltop

Post by Petaltop » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Obie wrote:Many people have opted out of appeal before this changes.

When one sees the rate of increase in application fees, they may be inclined to conclude that the use of that term has been devoid of any meaning. .

Those who use a service, must now pay the running costs of that service. This is "fair play". It has been happening everywhere for services in the UK and not just for immigrants.

Expecting others to pay for you is not "fair play" on those that are forced to pay for you.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:11 pm

Petaltop wrote:
Obie wrote:Many people have opted out of appeal before this changes.

Those who use a service, must now pay the running costs of that service. This is happening everywhere for services in the UK and not just for immigrants.

It's not "fair play" to want others to pay for you when use a service.
Completely agree especially when you see pointless appeal after appeal just to get to 5/10 year whatever. Witness the Australian couple in Scotland recently who arrived on student visas hoping to get PSW after. PSW was withdrawn and they appealed endlessly saying Art 8 etc, not thier fault it was withdrawn, son was now a Gaelic speaker and that's his first language now (what a load of bollocks). In the end they won their appeal and got to stay, but it's wrong, some here might say mentioning no names but thats because they are white.

But why should I as a taxpayer pay for that? Everyone knows when one emigrates it's not gonna be cheap, you have to budget for things like this, common sense tells you.

Obviously if people are up shit creek with Apple Maps then we have to help, but people endless appealing to buy time and those who are playing the system.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:42 pm

Is it not awfully good, that some of you folks are not in charge of the policy making process in the UK?

The very issue and concerns i have about the fees is the reason why the government has made a U turn, so i am not sure the basis for the complaint.

There was a 500% increase in appeal feel, and increase which is clearly not on par with the other tribunal chamber.

The fees are clearly not designed to pay the cost of running the tribunal, they are designed to undermine the ability of people appealing. The government clearly appreciated the errors of their ways which is why they withdrew it retrospectively.

If the government's conscience was clear, there was not need for the change. The change went against the findings of their consultation. I find it very odd that you guys has an issue with it.

You guys should really examine yourselves. If i held the views on immigrant that you guys hold, i will never come to a forum like this. It will be a waste of my time.

One thing that keeps me here is the positive changes that people send messages to me , saying we make to their lives.

You mentioned the Scottish case, but that is an anomaly not the rules, Nichola Sturgeon was fighting for them, even Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage was fighting for them. I will not be surprise if Donald Trump was also fighting for them.
Then again the family are very dignified people, and it will be unjust to associate them with the later 3.

I am happy for them from the bottom of my heart, but their case is not reflective of the normal course of event, as you properly articulated Wanderer.