ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) REFUSED. PLEASE SOME HELP!!1

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(O) REFUSED. PLEASE SOME HELP!!1

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:03 pm

martanelly wrote:thank you for your reply.
I am moving because I have to. landlord sold the flat and lease its finished the 10th January.
Unless you have been issued a Section 21 giving you at least 2 months notice, your tenancy continues as normal on a periodic (month to month) tenancy agreement. All assuming landlord complies with ALL his legal obligations (gas cert, EPC, Deposit protection, prescribed information etc).

Just because the flat is sold and your tenancy agreement has an end date of XYZ, does not mean the tenancy ends. Notice has to be given by law. Even then, after the 2 months of Section 21 notice, this still does not end the tenancy. Only a possession order does that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

martanelly
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(O) REFUSED. PLEASE SOME HELP!!1

Post by martanelly » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:01 pm

Thank you for your reply CR001
Yes, we had the notice and everything the way it is supposed to be as we have let through an agency.

Our lease ends on the 17th of January and we are supposed to be out by the 16th. My flatmate and I already found a new property to rent and as per new law, they need to check the tenants right to rent in the UK. for that I need to provide passport etc.

I have a pending application, therefore the HO has all my pertinent documents. the guide states that if I am unable to provide my passport/ visa because I claim the HO has my papers, then in this case the landlord needs to go online and carry out a check through the uk website providing my reference ( the one that is in the letter I was sent).

The agency did that by they entered the wrong number( one digit missing), therefore the home office sent a report back saying that with the information they have provided them, they cant confirm whether I have the right to rent.

I was so mad with the agency for entering the wrong number so they had to do it again but I am worried sick now waiting for the new report.

That is why I wanted to ask to people who know about this. I would think that I have the right to rent whilst my application is pending.

Does anyone know?

Thank you once again!!1