ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with my BRC

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Garth1989

Re: Travelling with my BRC

Post by Garth1989 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi all

As promised, here is my experience with travelling with my BRC.

I arrived back at Heathrow early this morning travelling on my own. I used the EEA non-biometric line at passport control and was met by a lovely smiley lady at the passport counter. She scanned my BRC card and that was basically all, she barely even looked at my passport and did not even stamp it. Before walking off, I asked her if I would have to fill in a landing card going forward, as I had done on this trip just to be safe, she stated that it was absolutely NOT necessary. She also mentioned that some of the passport control staff are still getting to grips with BRC card for EEA family members, so I should insist to use the EEA route if I ran into troubles on future travels.

Garth1989

Post by Garth1989 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi

I arrived back in the UK from a trip abroad on the 9th September. Once again I used the EU nationals line. The official seemed to be really on his game as he just scanned my passport and took a brief look at my BRC, he did not stamp my passport or ask for a landing card.

This is now my third time travelling back to the UK with my BRC and so far I haven't experienced any difficulties or questions and I haven't filled in a landing card on any of the trips.

Happy travelling everyone.

GKGV
Newly Registered

Post by GKGV » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I just entered UK (I am an EEA national) along with my husband (who holds a BRP card). We stood together in the EU/UK passports queue and were told by the usher to fill out a landing card (I had both our passports in my hand and none of the three officers said a word). So, we filled out the landing card for my husband and proceeded to the EU/UK passport desk where I was handing out our passports to the officer, however, the man was so hostile, he just looked at us without saying anything, wasn't taking the passports from my hand and then looked at the desk. This continued for maybe a minute or two before he told me "put it on the desk", and even after I put it on the desk, he did not pick the passports up. He looked at me again and asked "is that it? Is that all?". I then removed my husbands BRP card (which was inside the passport), and put it on top of the passports. He waited 20 seconds probably before he proceeded to pick up the passports and BRP from the desk. He stamped the landing card and was weird the entire time. I've never faced this issue before with an official so hostile towards us. Every other time the officer would tell us that we don't need a landing card. I don't know what caused him to behave that way since we did nothing. We've decided that we're gonna fill a landing card for him every time he enters the UK, just to avoid a repeat of what just happened today. Traumatised is too much, but his behaviour really affected us as just before we went to the desk, I was telling him how nice all the immigration officers are. Today was just sad. Just in case anyone needs to know, we arrived at the Glasgow airport from Portugal.