ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Refused unjustly

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: EEA PR Refused unjustly

Post by noajthan » Fri May 27, 2016 8:39 am

Dapson wrote:Where the invoice is not reflection on the bank account? Or dnt you submit any bank statement of how the money was paid from the self employed ? Can you shed light in to this please
This is one of these almost rare cases in which self-employment and tax is not an issue. Refreshing change!
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Fri May 27, 2016 10:44 am

noajthan wrote:
Carling40 wrote:@Noahjthan
I'd like to clarify having been aware the approach prior to making the application and other precedence by caseworkers in similar cases with my timelines that the HO guidelines is not consistent with the directive. For clarification, I did focus and (to the best of my ability) on the fact continuous treaty rights and residence had been established for 5 years, by providing the corresponding 5 years tax calculations 2010-2015(SA302) which is accepted for mortgage applications stapled together. Error: I'd like to state that "in the list of documents given consideration to" by the caseworker it simply stated "tax calculation 2011" and no mention of 2011-2015, to me that would appear they saw the front page and somehow didn't see the 2011-2015 all stapled together. The case worker also confirmed and accepted that the marriage lasted 5 years. In anticipation of them treating it as an ROR leading to PR I also provided profit and loss accounts letter supporting the invoices raised from sponsors accountant covering the period
ending 2015 till absolute, I note this also was not listed in the list of documents consideration was given to. What more could I have done? I hope you'll concur I gave consideration to establishing the fact continuous 5 year treaty rights had been focused on and PR acquired in April 2015, and the approach taken is not in line with the EEA regulations.
Agreed. Most unfortunate.

A cogent cover letter summarising the above and sent with the bundle to spoonfeed the caseworker may have helped. (Or maybe you sent one originally, which was again overlooked).

Anyway you seem to have two clear points to work with:
  • overlooked/misread documents that were supplied;
    sponsor had acquired PR by April 2015 (simplifying case, rendering ROR irrelevant)
:idea: Suggest cross ref [2011] UKUT 474 case on that last point.

Ensure residency is amply covered too, leave no 'wriggle room' there and you should be home free.
@noahjthan
You are absolutely correct I have done just that, I've written a cogent letter quoted their acceptances and highlighted the missed information and listed all documents provided. Will keep you posted.

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:39 pm

@noahjthan
Thanks for the link, I've had a look at the link above, I remember seeing this case, it's a shame it had to go all the way to the upper tribunal to get the right outcome. That said I've spoonfed the letter and quoted they are satisfied I and my sponsor have lived continuously for 5 years, drawn attention to the missing 5 years SA302 which confirms I acquired PR in April 2015, and also pointed to missed evidence confirming she was working at time of divorce.

The dilemma I've got now is, I know they won't accept reconsideration request if I appeal the decision, but I have to continue working and I need to appeal to keep that going. What do I do?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Carling40 wrote:@noahjthan

The dilemma I've got now is, I know they won't accept reconsideration request if I appeal the decision, but I have to continue working and I need to appeal to keep that going. What do I do?
Sounds good.

Regarding work, assuming you have acquired PR (&, on balance of probabilities, its likely that you have) then, in the worst case you do have legal recourse, as per here:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/sponsor ... dismissal/
The Claimant’s case in the Employment Tribunal, and on which she succeeded after her first instance appeal was dismissed, was that she had been wrongly suspended without pay and that she had always been entitled to work in the UK as the family member of a EEA national. It did not matter, as His Honour Judge McMullen QC accepted, that she did not have the necessary residence documents. Those documents did not give her the right to work – they were simply evidence of the existence of that right, which came into being because the Claimant was married to an EEA national.
The example also relates to a family member - the point being that residence documents are merely confirmatory.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri May 27, 2016 7:52 pm

@Carling40,
this may help - once appeal is lodged email HO to request a new COA.
Could be enough to keep home fires burning and get you out of a tight stop with coin.

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... A#p1326624
(scroll down within topic for the email address).

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:28 am

@noahjthan
thanks for that, my employer had carried out an ECS check with HO first week of May as i was close to the 6 month timeline and they responded with a positive verification allowing me to carry on working till november 2016, unsurprisingly the same day the verification result was passed to my employer was the same day my application was refused. I've sent a polite spoon fed reconsideration request back directly to the caseworker yesterday with all the documents initially sent(which of course included the missed info) that should get there on Tuesday. ive not lodged an appeal yet because as per https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... s_v3_0.pdf they wont accept a reconsideration request if ive lodged an appeal. Then hope they acknowledge and rectify their error.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat May 28, 2016 11:35 am

Interested to see how this plays out.

We're rooting for you.

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks Noajthan, I can't wait to see how it plays out too, the reconsideration letter was delivered this morning so now it's Netflix and chill.
Will keep you posted

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue May 31, 2016 8:00 pm

Carling40 wrote:Thanks Noajthan, I can't wait to see how it plays out too, the reconsideration letter was delivered this morning so now it's Netflix and chill.
Will keep you posted
T.M.I. ;)

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:13 pm

@Noetic
Haha I wished I'd provided too much information, perhaps the outcome would have been different, no regrets though they had enough information. They say less is more, don't think so.

Noetic
Member of Standing

Post by Noetic » Tue May 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Carling40 wrote:@Noetic
Haha I wished I'd provided too much information, perhaps the outcome would have been different, no regrets though they had enough information. They say less is more, don't think so.
I meant the Netflix & chill bit :)

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Tue May 31, 2016 9:11 pm

:)

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Best of luck, hopefully good news will come very soon... :-)

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Thanks Arsham, I'll try keep this thread alive I hope the outcome is positive. I hope you get some positive news soon too

Arshsam
United Kingdom

Post by Arshsam » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Carling40 wrote:Thanks Arsham, I'll try keep this thread alive I hope the outcome is positive. I hope you get some positive news soon too

Thanks Carling, Really hope the best and positive outcome for both of us...

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:38 pm

I've had a few PMs from a few people and just thought to update my thread.
So I sent the reconsideration request with all the documents back to the caseworker at the Liverpool address at the top of the letter( I don't know if this is where it should have gone) it was signed for 2 weeks tomorrow and as at time of writing I've had no response. Most posts I've seen on the board have had responses in about a week so am at a loss what's going on. But that's where we are.
Thanks for all the messages of support I appreciate it. I'm welcome to any suggestions or recommendations or advice from people who have been through a similar journey

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:44 pm

so after over a month since ive sent my reconsideration request and didn't get a response i resorted to getting in touch with my MP and after 5 days of since my MP told me she's chased it up my BRP card confirming permanent residence turns up out of the blue. My deadline to make submissions to tribunal is in August. I can only imagine they've realised their error and had no argument, all ends well. i guess my passports and docs will be returned shortly. A special thanks to the helpful moderator(s) shout out to (Noajthan) and members who offered advice, thoughts and suggestions for no fee, may you receive favour where you least expect as you help tirelessly. To the not so helpful moderator(you know who you are) thank you also. To everyone else fighting an enemy they do not see, keep your head up and keep going. if anyone has any questions please ask as i will remain a part of this forum as it has blessed me since the start till date, i fully intend to give back.

Dapson
Newly Registered

Post by Dapson » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:09 am

Nice one and congrat carling40...one question when I read
Through your tread I spotted about the invoice issue that
The case worker said it was hand writing ...is it the one
Your ex wrote to a customer with pen and have duplicate and which kind of self employed is ur ex doing at that time.. Just like my case is similar to yours and am applying very soon

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:05 am

Hi Dapson
Thanks for the kind wishes. Yes they were hand written carbon duplicates and with a pen. The customer gets front copy and carbon remains in the booklet. She was a make up artist for events. I don't think the case worker had an issue with the fact they were hand written to be honest. I think they were either negligent or trying to be difficult to better their refusal stats target. I wouldn't worry about the invoices you have being hand written you'll be fine as long as the work is genuine and effective and income level is reasonable. If your application is similar to mine just be sure to make sure you've covered all areas and be clear with your cover letter and list all the documents you provide in year order and make copies of everything including application(if using one) personally I recommend using the old 8-10 page forms (that's what I used).
Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll be fine

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:02 am

Carling40 wrote:so after over a month since ive sent my reconsideration request and didn't get a response i resorted to getting in touch with my MP and after 5 days of since my MP told me she's chased it up my BRP card confirming permanent residence turns up out of the blue. My deadline to make submissions to tribunal is in August. I can only imagine they've realised their error and had no argument, all ends well. i guess my passports and docs will be returned shortly. A special thanks to the helpful moderator(s) shout out to (Noajthan) and members who offered advice, thoughts and suggestions for no fee, may you receive favour where you least expect as you help tirelessly. To the not so helpful moderator(you know who you are) thank you also. To everyone else fighting an enemy they do not see, keep your head up and keep going. if anyone has any questions please ask as i will remain a part of this forum as it has blessed me since the start till date, i fully intend to give back.
Glad to hear justice has been served. Congratulations.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:59 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Dapson wrote:
Carling40 wrote:Hi Dapson
Thanks for the kind wishes. Yes they were hand written carbon duplicates and with a pen. The customer gets front copy and carbon remains in the booklet. She was a make up artist for events. I don't think the case worker had an issue with the fact they were hand written to be honest. I think they were either negligent or trying to be difficult to better their refusal stats target. I wouldn't worry about the invoices you have being hand written you'll be fine as long as the work is genuine and effective and income level is reasonable. If your application is similar to mine just be sure to make sure you've covered all areas and be clear with your cover letter and list all the documents you provide in year order and make copies of everything including application(if using one) personally I recommend using the old 8-10 page forms (that's what I used).
Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll be fine
@carling40 ...please check your PM
@Dapson you don't yet have the privilege of the PM facility. This is only activated for members once they have made 30 posts, so you'll find that your PM sits unsent in your outbox.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.