ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

denied visa, can i still go to the UK as a visitor? PLEASE H

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

denied visa, can i still go to the UK as a visitor? PLEASE H

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

NJOK
Newly Registered

Post by NJOK » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:19 am

CRAP, just realized that reconsideration form is for appeals

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:04 am

NJOK wrote:yes, i have written a letter to the embassy...not sure if thats where i was supposed to send it, but now that i have been directed to a reconsideration application i will fill that out as well. should i provide further evidence with the application or should i provide it at their request?? dont wanna do anything else to incriminate myself, lol
Well if you still can write for reconsideration, the main issues are that you didn't provide any of your bank statements which I guess means you didn't have much to show in the first place. You could get your parent's bank statements to substantiate that you do not need public funds. The other part is the job, which is a shame that your employer said he wasn't going to guarantee he was going to hold it until you got back because that is tantamount to saying you have no job. Thus either you get him to change the phrasing of you keeping a job such as he has a job provided he gets back in 3 months or the new job says you are slated to start work on such and such a date at such and such salary.
Boy you spilled your guts on that form, they used everything against you. Try to relay your story next time keeping in mind that you emphasize that you are returning to the usa.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:21 am

The ECO Wrote:

However, on the evidence available i am not satisfied that you will maintain and accomodate yourself without recourse to public funds or taking employment.
I have always wondered why they use this statement against temporary visitors and people who are not here to stay. Their visa's alone do not allow them to take employment let alone claim any form of benefit.

How then, can they or anyone for that matter be assumed would claim public funds, knowing that is an impossibility? I guess this statement can be challenged! :roll:
Praise The Lord!!!!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:48 am

jes2jes wrote:The ECO Wrote:

However, on the evidence available i am not satisfied that you will maintain and accomodate yourself without recourse to public funds or taking employment.
I have always wondered why they use this statement against temporary visitors and people who are not here to stay. Their visa's alone do not allow them to take employment let alone claim any form of benefit.

How then, can they or anyone for that matter be assumed would claim public funds, knowing that is an impossibility? I guess this statement can be challenged! :roll:
No it can't or it isn't worth it. It is a criteria not a reality check.
People work illegally all the time. It may not be easy to do but if there is a will, there is a way. We might know from experience that it is highly unlikely but you see plenty of people on this board saying I am working illegally or I have overstayed and I dont want to be caught at the airport. I myself have worked for 2 employers who never checked my visa status even though I am a legit.

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:49 am

SYH wrote:
jes2jes wrote:The ECO Wrote:

No it can't or it isn't worth it. It is a criteria not a reality check.
People work illegally all the time. It may not be easy to do but if there is a will, there is a way. We might know from experience that it is highly unlikely but you see plenty of people on this board saying I am working illegally or I have overstayed and I dont want to be caught at the airport. I myself have worked for 2 employers who never checked my visa status even though I am a legit.
I know people can work illegally but that is not the same as claiming public funds is it?

Well, employers are suposed to check but some assume that (depending on your level of expertise and experience), if you have worked for big companies in the UK, you would obviously be legit.
Praise The Lord!!!!

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 am

jes2jes wrote:
Well, employers are suposed to check but some assume that (depending on your level of expertise and experience), if you have worked for big companies in the UK, you would obviously be legit.
There is a compliment in there.
I completely agree with the public funds, when you are entitled to it, they make you move mountains to get it and say, "computer says no."

But people are getting benefits too when they aren't supposed to but in any can case it is just a catch phrase when they say that but it certainly isn't something to debate with them on reconsideration