ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh Suggestions Needed...Thanks.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noajthan

Re: Surinder Singh Suggestions Needed...Thanks.

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:14 am

VioletMarie wrote:Well, the difference for me in getting to the UK afterwards leaving from Malta versus Ireland is the **price of **four people and a *dog on a plane, etc, versus simply driving, taking the train or bus, over a few miles without to Northern Ireland (& hassle free I imagine as well). BTW not too many planes take huge dogs....and I might not qualify for "renting a car". I have debit cards only and not credit cards.

Have there been many people who have passed SS only doing *3 months? &
Does *4 months make a huge difference with success of SS?
Europe is not US.

It costs an arm and a leg to fly around US, or it did when I tried it a few years go.
We have budget flights spanning Europe.
Its easier for me, for example, to get to northern Netherlands (flying, for less than $20 ticket) than it is to drive to see relatives in North Wales (in UK: 6+ hours drive, $100 gas). Quicker too.

Europe will not work around you; UK HO certainly will not.
You may have to make some compromises.

For example, there is reported to be a massive backlog in Eire for issue of visas and also for EU-related documentation.
Some members have given up on delays in Eire and gone to France, Malta or other European neighbours.

Under EU law over 3 months is theoretically enough to establish residency in a member state (if qp is exercising treaty rights) but the UK approach is not compliant with EU law.
You have centre of life to contend with along with all the wild talk and shifting sands of Brexit.

You're looking at 6,9 months or more in a memberstate.
A year or two of work (or running your own business), kids in school/college etc etc would probably smash it.
(In that context, with savings from a years worth of work under your belt, a 1, 2 or 3 hour budget flight is small potatoes).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:51 am

There's also Brexit to think about.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:14 am

VioletMarie wrote:I thought it was funny when you said-for Vinny to tap --"into the Matrix". LOL.
-Lol.--Will he answer my question then you think?

(Also don't forget that I would not have time to do "three years" in UK
before most children turn 18 for that other immigration route.)

And there does not seem to be much work in Malta. I am not sure about Cyprus for accommodations and jobs)and I was thinking it would be harder to get to UK afterwards from there.
Just my two pence worth. From my research (for my mom) on easiest passports to obtain, Cyprus was the easiest on the face of it. 12 months living and working there and voila! Haven't dug more into it as yet so there might be conditions attached to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asp

Post by asp » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Unless you have 5million to invest, or are married to a Cypriot, you need to have had PR in Cyprus for 7 years to naturalise.
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/CRMD/crmd.nsf ... enDocument

To obtain PR as an EU citizen you need to reside there for 5 years.
http://www.moi.gov.cy/moi/crmd/crmd.nsf ... enDocument

So not a quick route to another EU passport.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:57 pm

Spain (and others) have the Golden Ticket for EU citizenship, but needs investment, something like 500k Euro, and no proper EU rights until 5 years, by then Brexit will be slamming the UK door.

Seems OP is expecting an easy route for her family by virtual of BC by descent, realistically there is no easy path, I haven't checked every route to citizenship in all connected states but I suspect the minimum is 5 years, and that's for normal tick box apps, and this one this isn't.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....