ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help in Counting Continuous Stay for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ats01
Newly Registered

Re: Request to Receive Replies for ILR Queries

Post by ats01 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:00 pm

I am very thankful to both of you.

Why ILR(LR) ? Is it the same as my SET(LR)? The same form. Am I right?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:09 pm

Yes it is the same. Just didn't write out the 'long residence' (LR)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ats01
Newly Registered

Post by ats01 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Thank you very much.

I appreciate for getting such a genuine advice ! Thank you.

ats01
Newly Registered

My Successful SET(LR) at Solihull and Caseworker Query

Post by ats01 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:24 pm

Dear Gurus, Moderatos and members

I succeeded in ILR long residency at premium service at Solihull. I would like to share my experience so others may benefit from this.

I am very grateful to the moderators and gurus of this forum who provided their experts information in preparing ILR application. Many many thanks to everyone.

I went to Solihull with my husband and son before 15 min of my appointment. There were lots of parking place next to the premium centre so parking is not a problem for anyone going there because other shopping centres are just besides to the centre. We had a security check at the entrance then we sat at the waiting area. After 10 minutes, I was called to show Appointment Booking Checklist and then I was given a ticket number.

After 15 min, I was called to submit the application. A lady at the desk asked me for the type of application. Then I submitted passport, biometric, Set(LR) form, Life in UK test result, English language proof. I submitted a letter explaining CCJ matter and its related proof. I also wrote a very brief cover letter and included a table for my absences. I realised that cover letter was not required as it was for personal satisfaction.

After 15-20 min, my ticket number was displayed on the screen for the biometrics. I quickly went for that and from there I was told that I can leave the building if I wish and we will call you in 2 hours time.
We left the building, went John Lewis, had a coffee. After an hour, a case worker called me to get some information. He asked me where are my husband and a son? I replied we are living together and they are on dependent visa. My son has born in UK . Then he said ok then your son can apply to register as British. How about your husband? I replied may be SET(M) or spouse visa. Then he said not SET(M) but on spouse visa. Then he said I just wanted to make sure that you have all the information. OK I will call you in half an hour. (From his talk, I felt he was very cooperative)

I rushed to the building in 15 min as I could not control after talking to him. As we went there, my mobile rang and caseworker told me I can collect my documents from the reception. A person at the reception handed me my documents and told that your application has been approved. Ho ho...I was extremely happy!!!

Now, I need to sort out my husband’s visa.I got my ILR on 30th Aug. I have taken interruption from 1st Sept. My husband has a valid visa until 30 Apr 2017 but it will be curtail. He will finish his 10 years at the end of Dec 2016 but can apply from 23 Nov (28 days before). I would like to get your advice please. I have asked this question before, Vinny and CR001 replied generously but after talking with caseworker it has made me ponder. Should he apply for spouse visa - FLR(M) and then vary when time comes for SET(LR)?

I would appreciate for all your help. Thank you very much.

Kind regards

ats01
Newly Registered

Re: My Successful SET(LR) at Solihull and Caseworker Query

Post by ats01 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:52 am

Dear Moderators, Gurus

I was hoping to get answer from you. Could you help me out on my above query please?

Thanks