ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding the annual accounts

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Advice regarding the annual accounts

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:43 pm

To wrap this topic you should understand these points:

Anyone can call themselves an accountant and produce unaudited company accounts and tax returns.
HOWEVER if you become a member of an accounting body like ACCA or ICAEW, you are NOT ALLOWED to engage in public practice in the UK or the rest of the EEA UNLESS you obtain a Practising certificate (PC) from such body. If you want to simply do accounting work without a PC, you must give up your membership.

So the bottom line is when an accounting firm is a member of let say ICAEW, the principal in that firm technically holds the required PC to engage in public practice. Find those accounting firms and take your business there.

You can find Chartered Accountancy firms regulated by ICAEW here: http://find.icaew.com/
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Thanks

tier1in2014
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by tier1in2014 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:19 pm

zimba88 wrote:To wrap this topic you should understand these points:

Anyone can call themselves an accountant and produce unaudited company accounts and tax returns.
HOWEVER if you become a member of an accounting body like ACCA or ICAEW, you are NOT ALLOWED to engage in public practice in the UK or the rest of the EEA UNLESS you obtain a Practising certificate (PC) from such body. If you want to simply do accounting work without a PC, you must give up your membership.

So the bottom line is when an accounting firm is a member of let say ICAEW, the principal in that firm technically holds the required PC to engage in public practice. Find those accounting firms and take your business there.

You can find Chartered Accountancy firms regulated by ICAEW here: http://find.icaew.com/

So in other words if we find that accounting firm listed here http://find.icaew.com we are safe to use that firm .
I am not perfect But I guess no one is ever perfect . We all make mistakes and learn from them. Never give up keep trying until you succeed.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:47 pm

I was VERY clear above :? As long as the firm has a practising license
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 am

dnf wrote:
This is why, sometimes, the accountants, who may be qualified but do not hold a practicing certificate, works for unqualified firms, which allows them to be able to prepare the accounts but they are not able to use their names on the accounts preparations.

Please note that as per ACCA guidelines, the name under the accountants report on the accounts would be the firms name. Your accountant may be willing to put his name and the firms name.
Hey dnf,

A very quick query if you can address please:

You mentioned in the post quoted above that a qualified accountant without practicing certificate who works for unqualified firm won't be able to use their name on the accounts and in your other post you mentioned that according ACCA guidelines, the name under the accountant's report would be the firms name.

So even a qualified/certified accountant who has a practicing license can't put his name under accountant's report but his firm's name, right?

My accountant has put his firm's name under the accountant's report and isn't willing to put his name as he said it's against the statutory requirements. So how are we going to fulfil this requirement of HO "The accounts must clearly show the name of the accountant"

Would be grateful if you can shed some light on this being an accountant yourself. Much Appreciated!

Amz

Post by Amz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Yasmeen

I have a same situation as yours, My 1st year accounts were prepared by an accountant who's firm was not on ACCA panel so I got them re-submitted last week to HMRC with no change in figures, by another accountancy firm who are on ACCA panel. The name of the new accountant and the firm is on the accounts and on accountants compilation report. My 2nd and 3rd year accounts are prepared by my current accountant who is a registered auditor and his company is on ACCA panel as well.

Its better to re-submit the accounts, leaving it to an unqualified firm is not worth the risk, thats my personal opinion.

Regards

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:12 am

Amz wrote:Hi Yasmeen

I have a same situation as yours, My 1st year accounts were prepared by an accountant who's firm was not on ACCA panel so I got them re-submitted last week to HMRC with no change in figures, by another accountancy firm who are on ACCA panel. The name of the new accountant and the firm is on the accounts and on accountants compilation report. My 2nd and 3rd year accounts are prepared by my current accountant who is a registered auditor and his company is on ACCA panel as well.

Its better to re-submit the accounts, leaving it to an unqualified firm is not worth the risk, thats my personal opinion.

Regards
Hey Amz,

Did you specifically ask your accountant to put their name on the compilation report along with the firm's name because my accountant said it's against the statutory requirements to put his name as according to guidelines he can only put his firm's name which another user (DNF) who is also an Accountant confirmed.

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 am

Hi The Symbol

No there is no specific requirement by the HO to add the accountant's name on the accounts, the firm's name is sufficient, but there is not harm in adding the accountant's name as well. My second and third year accounts do not have accountant's name on it, just the firm's name and address but since i re-submitted my 1st year accounts, I preferred to put the accountant's name as well just in case although not required.

HO requirements are below for accounts:

The accounts must clearly show:

* the name of the accountant,

* the date the accounts were produced,

* how much you have invested in the business.

* The accounts must be prepared and signed off by the accountant, who is not you (the applicant), in accordance with statutory requirements.

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:46 am

Amz wrote:Hi The Symbol

No there is no specific requirement by the HO to add the accountant's name on the accounts, the firm's name is sufficient, but there is not harm in adding the accountant's name as well. My second and third year accounts do not have accountant's name on it, just the firm's name and address but since i re-submitted my 1st year accounts, I preferred to put the accountant's name as well just in case although not required.

HO requirements are below for accounts:

The accounts must clearly show:

* the name of the accountant,

* the date the accounts were produced,

* how much you have invested in the business.

* The accounts must be prepared and signed off by the accountant, who is not you (the applicant), in accordance with statutory requirements.
Appreciate your prompt response, mate!

So when guidelines say "The accounts must clearly show the name of the accountant", they are referring to firm's name?

Glad that your accountant was ok to put his name along with his firm's, seems like mine is bit stubborn :D

Amz

Post by Amz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:13 pm

If you happen to visit accaglobal.com and do a firm/member search, your accountant's firm would come up there if they are registered with ACCA and there your would see the registration number of the person in that firm with accountant's name. So firm's name / accountant's name are one and the same thing. It shouldn't matter.

The Symbol

Post by The Symbol » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:49 pm

Amz wrote:If you happen to visit accaglobal.com and do a firm/member search, your accountant's firm would come up there if they are registered with ACCA and there your would see the registration number of the person in that firm with accountant's name. So firm's name / accountant's name are one and the same thing. It shouldn't matter.
Cheers buddy!

wahmed786
Pakistan

Post by wahmed786 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:40 am

HI,

Please confirm me whether we need accountant both practising certificate and his membership no.

in my accounts accountant just mentioned his name his qualification and his membership no. Do i still need his practising certificate from accountant. please guide me.

best regards

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:10 pm

READ THE GUIDE. :!: There is no need to send accountant certificate or anything like that at all !!!!

wahmed786
Pakistan

Post by wahmed786 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks dear u always helpful

regards