ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MY EU TREATY RIGHTS AND WHERE TO GET SOME INFO!

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xhesika

Post by xhesika » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:I would think that he should try to collect as much documentation which shows he has always been known by that name.

His birth certificate. Written school reports from his early life up until now in his name. Post in his name over the last 20 years. This will also document where he has lived (for the most part) over the last 20 years. Also old passports and old immigration documents. And especially anything stamped by the greek government.
I suppose we will hit a brick wall as he would of only been 7 20years ago! he has lived
albania from 1980-1999
then greece from 1999-2000
then uk from 2001-2004
then albania from 2004-2005
then greece from 2005-now

the albanian part may be difficult to get named evidence,the conflict in albania was realy bad thats the reason my husband left there in the first place........................I WAS WONDERING IF GETTING HIS BROTHERS BIRTH CERTIFICATE TOO WOULD HELP AS PROOF HE IS THE PERSON NAMED ON HIS PASSPORT,HE LOOKS LIKE HIS BROTHER,HIS BROTHER IS OLDER THAN HIM, BUT WITH SAME NAMES + MUM + DAD ETC AND ,MAYBE THIS WOULD PROVE HE IS PART OF THE SAME FAMILY AND THEREFORE THE PERSON NAMED ON HIS PASSPORT!
no seriously, he submitted his own birth cert,copy of an old passport,his current passport with his 2 greek visas inside, that didnt satisfy the embassy! we have got a paper from greek authorities, its got both our names on but this would probably be rendered useless also judging by the attitudes we experienced at the embassy!
ChAnGe WhAt YoU cAn AcCePt WhAt YoU cAnT