ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No update @ HO

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:37 am

Nousky wrote:Dear Anisphadela,

I read somewhere in the Forum that HO before posting the processing time are already processing applications two weeks up front.
exemple if the poste 18 May on their web site they might be processing at that time application of 1st June :!: :idea:
Dear Nousky

I dont think thats the case...if thats true then I should have my docs back with me as my case was recd on 19th May and they r processing 18th...and someone applied on 17th May got docs back with approval dated 9th Nov so things are exactly the way they r projecting....so we need to keep faith on their posted date.

Anis

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:06 pm

mwazir Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The website has been updated

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... rvice.html

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme - Customers should allow up to 24 weeks from the date of application

18 May 2004

Do you guys observe that they have added 2 weeks to the delay period. Its now 26 weeks. It was 24 weeks when the page was updated last week. its already growing gradually. Is there any hope that the backlog will ever be cleared :?:
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:02 pm

Not suprising. It will take more than 26 weeks for November applicants if things dont change. Its 26 weeks for May-June applicants.

They seem to be moving offices and hopefully that amounts to more number of case workers. That might speed up things although not substaintially.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:05 am

BOOM 05,
Well they are averaging only 3 days every wweeks they should increase their waiting times by one week. Right now it should be around 26-27 weeks by xmas it should be at 32weeks at least :oops:

Nousky

Post by Nousky » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:57 am

anishpadela wrote:The delay might be due to shift the office for HSMP. As I called last week, the fellow gave me new no. 0114 259 1894 and informed about change of place...so last week they may not be able to keep up their sluggish speed even..

Anis
I don't think that they are 'sluggish" as you mentioned.
As one of us noticed it here, the HO office receives not less than 2000 applications in a week and that represent a whole load of work.

If they are training more staff, it is indeed good news.

At the interception of the HSMP it took only 4 days or 4 weeks to process a case if I am correct and I believe at that time they do not have a whole lot of applications in hand to process.

Now that they have made the HSMP a little bit easier, you can immagine the number of applications they receive.
The good thing about the HO, they still reply to their clients inquiries.
A little investigation about other countries such as Canada, you will find that HO staff are angels :wink: .

Nousky

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:46 am

Nousky,

Are you talking about the delays when applying to immigrate to other countries such as cananda? I would not compare that to the HSMP programme because HSMP will give you only a one year entry into the country and the extension depends on how you fare. It eventually leads to settlement and naturalisation but thats a long drawn process thats not gaurenteed.

Compare that to an immigration programme for another country thats attracting intellects, business and ordinary settlers, its but natural for them to do security checks, medicals etc. coupled with heavy volume of people wanting to immigrate, its natural for this process to be long. Once you are in, you are pretty much there unlike in the case of HSMP.

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:56 pm

I agree with Mwazir. Other countries like Canada give a clear resident status the moment u enter. Here first u have a one year trial period with further extension not guaranteed. (This is what large employers say when u tell them that it is a formality). After submitting for extension they hold our passports for lengthy period of 3 months in which you face a difficult situation of not having any proof of a right to work in UK and you miss out on other opportunities. I have seen students getting extensions straightaway across the counter from HO at Croydon. For HSMP extension they just have to check your economic activity in UK which is fairly straightforward as they just have to see the payslips and bank statements and employment details. Strangely there is no problem in the backlog as far as deducting your fees is concerned which is done without a moment's delay.

Nousky

Post by Nousky » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:57 pm

mwazir wrote:Nousky,

Are you talking about the delays when applying to immigrate to other countries such as cananda? .
Yes, dear Nwazir and you are right.

Nevertheless UK immigration route through the HSMP gives a very big step to immigrate quickly to Europe.
Up to you as a potential immigrant to take the necessary step to get a job if that means to get a job we feel we are over qualify and be able to extend your stay until one gets the final documents to stay indefinitely in UK.

Nousky

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:28 pm

Strangely there is no problem in the backlog as far as deducting your fees is concerned which is done without a moment's delay.
True, but thats probably because it is not handled by them. As per the FLR application
All payments are processes by a Government approved Payment Handling Service, who will check the following:

i) If payment is necessary;
ii) The payment slip is completed correctly;
iii) The payment method is valid; and
iv) The validity of an application, which has been identified as falling into the exempt category.

The Payment Handling Service will not be responsible for considering any aspect of the limited LTR application
Once your application is past this hurdle, it is forwarded to the case workers and duly placed on the processing queue.

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:43 am

They are still processing 18th May applications for HSMP. Means they haven't moved a single day in the whole week :shock:

Regards

Nousky

No processing!!!!

Post by Nousky » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:52 am

zahidhsmp wrote:They are still processing 18th May applications for HSMP. Means they haven't moved a single day in the whole week :shock:

Regards
Indeed they are still on 18 May. What happened? Somebody receive any approval after 18 May. :oops:

Nousky

Boom05

Post by Boom05 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:19 pm

I think there is no update yet.
Its easy to follow the crowd, it takes courage to stand alone !

zahidhsmp

Post by zahidhsmp » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:26 pm

But they have changed the date. I hope it may have been some mistake and they will hopefully update it soon :)

Regards

Nousky

Post by Nousky » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:38 pm

zahidhsmp wrote:But they have changed the date. I hope it may have been some mistake and they will hopefully update it soon :)

Regards
Le's t hope it is a mistake not updating the date of the HSMP.

Can somebody in London give them a call? :wink:

Nousky

bird2004
Newly Registered

They don't care about us

Post by bird2004 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:06 pm

Hello everybody,

I think is time to say the truth about HSMP services. They are under any acceptable limit. All they do is hide under polite words, but facts are disappointing - no progress in one week. How they work should give us a big question mark about how things in UK are moving.

First, I don't think the date posted on their site is a mistake. Even if it was if they had little considerations for us, their clients, they would correct it in a few hours. They don't care about us.

Second, they have the potential to process much more applications per day but they don't want to. Here is the proof: in 15 working days (01 Oct-22 Oct) they solved 1,050 cases with numbers between [16,970-18,020). This is 70 cases per working day. If you do a simple calculation you find out that case number 19k (i.e. received on 20th May) would have been processed on 10th November. This are the facts, and they are liars when they say they are "allocating additional resources to improve their service standards".

Sorry if I upset somebody, but it is really outrageous.

Wish you best,
Bird

Nousky

Re: They don't care about us

Post by Nousky » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:47 pm

bird2004 wrote:Hello everybody,

I think is time to say the truth about HSMP services. They are under any acceptable limit.

Sorry if I upset somebody, but it is really outrageous.

Wish you best,
Bird
Hey Bird! Take it easily.
I quite know it is not easy to wait. We got to be cool.

Well let hope that in their next posting they will do a great jump :P :wink:
What will you say if next monday you see " processing application for 3 June!!!! :shock: Hein??

Nousky

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:45 pm

From the November 15th messages on this thread, it sounds as if the HO is moving offices. Don't know to where, how far, or on what dates they are moving. Don't see anything about this on the HO web site -- just saw it on this bulletin board and particular thread.

Perhaps they were not able to process HSMP last week because of the move?

Or, perhaps they now have so many apps in the urgent queue from June - November 2004, that they are unable to even look at the regular HSMP queue.

What is most strange to me is that there don't seem to be a lot of people on this bulletin board that are waiting for approval. I think the number of participants was a lot greater just a month ago, when the March & April applicants were awaiting their decisions. Don't know if that's because people are just reading (Not posting), because June-November applicants are generally not members of this board, or because there are not a lot of June-November applicants? :?

Nousky

Post by Nousky » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:15 am

Julia9CA wrote:
What is most strange to me is that there don't seem to be a lot of people on this bulletin board that are waiting for approval. I think the number of participants was a lot greater just a month ago, when the March & April applicants were awaiting their decisions. Don't know if that's because people are just reading (Not posting), because June-November applicants are generally not members of this board, or because there are not a lot of June-November applicants? :?
Hi Julia9CA,

In fact you are right, no much people are awaiting decision for may.
I posted a topic wanting to know people that were approve from 18 May, there has not been any reply.
If some people receive approval from 18 may, I would have concluded that there was a mistake in the up date for the HSMP case this week. But uptil now no reply.
very very sad :cry:

Nousky

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:34 pm

Is it possible that the number of applications have reduced or what? It's a real mystery to me guys.

Nousky: Cote-Divoire? I almost got stranded there two weeks ago!!!

Nousky

for my visitor

Post by Nousky » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:59 pm

Alagomeji wrote:.

Nousky: Cote-Divoire? I almost got stranded there two weeks ago!!!
Wellcome from the war zone :D . Cote D'Ivoire si facing some problems right now and the behaviour of some youth at the solde of the government is not helping matter at all. I feel ashamed some times to see them fighting harmless foreigners in our land.

This approach contracdicts the politacal vision of our first true leader Felix Houphouet Boigny that embraced and wellcome everybody.

I know one day, our good God will deliver us from the evil politicians who are the autor of this mahem and shamefull attitude of the youths.
Nigeria has peace now when God cleared the horizon by removing people like Abacha and others :wink: .

I will invite specially when there will be more sence of security in the land :P .
Nousky

zia

Post by zia » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:28 am

HO is dealing with Applications recieved on 25 May. :)

Good

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:19 pm

zia wrote:HO is dealing with Applications recieved on 25 May. :)

Good
Perharps they have allocated more resources :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.

bird2004
Newly Registered

Good to know, but...

Post by bird2004 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:56 pm

Hi,

This is indeed a good news.
Anyway, I spoke yesterday with a HSMP officer and he told me that my application (0189xx/recv on 20thMay by HO) has not been yet allocated to a case worker.

So, this means either that he had no idea of what he was talking about or they are have not yet finished with all applications before 25 May.

Regards,
Bird

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:34 am

I am rubbing my eyes. We appear have a November 24th HO update. They are now processing HSMP 25 May 2004!

Nousky

Re: Good to know, but...

Post by Nousky » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:53 am

bird2004 wrote:Hi,

This is indeed a good news.
Anyway, I spoke yesterday with a HSMP officer and he told me that my application (0189xx/recv on 20thMay by HO) has not been yet allocated to a case worker.

So, this means either that he had no idea of what he was talking about or they are have not yet finished with all applications before 25 May.

Regards,
Bird
I said it Bird04, :lol:
Big jump indeed. Well let's hope this trend continues at HO. :P

Nousky