ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(URGENT)ExtensionONHOLD.HomeOffice asked questionsTOemployer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tomdavis

Re: (URGENT)ExtensionONHOLD.HomeOffice asked questionsTOempl

Post by tomdavis » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:31 pm

vaithayalan wrote:i applied at premium service for my tier 2 (general ) Extensions on last monday 13-02-2017 . My apilcation also on hold and then they asked 3 question to my employer.

To help us progress his application please can you provided the following information;

1. A detailed tailored job description for the applicant
2. A justification for the need of this position
3. An explanation for why the registered office address is residential.

my employer said he will reply to HO by next week.

My employer used same information as from my previous COS, still i wonder why they want to clarify for extension. what will happen next if they are not satisfy from my employer response.
Hi dear
If u don't mind can u plz tell me the name of your employer? Is it a genuine company ? May be home office is trying to see that the post is real and genuine. How's about the extension of other employees in your company? Have their visa got extended?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:44 pm

tomdavis wrote:Hi dear
If u don't mind can u plz tell me the name of your employer? Is it a genuine company ? May be home office is trying to see that the post is real and genuine. How's about the extension of other employees in your company? Have their visa got extended?
Members are NOT PERMITTED at all to name their employers or any such details. Kindly refrain from asking members to do so as any member who post details, will be issued with a warning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Members are NOT PERMITTED at all to name their employers or any such details. Kindly refrain from asking members to do so as any member who post details, will be issued with a warning.[/quote]

I apologise dear. I did not know that or skip from my mind. Sorry. Will keep this in mind for future.

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 am

Went for tier 2 extension on Dec 15, same day service at Croydon, gave me a letter saying they need to make further inquiries but the application is valid.

Emailed the company level 1 user a set of 12 questions about salary, cos, pay, duties, clients etc. All the questions were answered and posted to home office on 3rd jan 2017.

Mean while, one of my other colleagues applied for an extension using the priority service, he got his documents in a weeks time.

Its been this long, haven't heard from them. Do u think i can call them or write to them making an inquiry ?

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:37 pm

tejalondon wrote:Went for tier 2 extension on Dec 15, same day service at Croydon, gave me a letter saying they need to make further inquiries but the application is valid.

Emailed the company level 1 user a set of 12 questions about salary, cos, pay, duties, clients etc. All the questions were answered and posted to home office on 3rd jan 2017.

Mean while, one of my other colleagues applied for an extension using the priority service, he got his documents in a weeks time.

Its been this long, haven't heard from them. Do u think i can call them or write to them making an inquiry ?
Looks like HO is randomly asking these type of questions and not to everyone on tier 2 extension or may be it depends on individual case to case. Or may be it depends on the mood of the case worker. V can only wait. Doing enquiry and making some efforts can be a good idea but not sure.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:41 pm

I think that may be HO is keeping only the premium service application on hold. Most of the people who has faced this issue are on premium service . So like they want to do thorough checking on the application and don't want to be in a rush. That's why asking questions to employer. That's just my guess. But not sure.

Anymore updates guys? Thanks

nasmc92
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by nasmc92 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:27 pm

nasmc92 wrote:I am in the same situation but not sure is it on Hold or what they are doing.

Applied 30th September for extension, same job role and same company. did receive biometric letter dated 6th october and it was done on 7th oct. SInce then no reply or correspondece from HO.
I have called several times and all I have been informed that last time HO written to you was 6th Oct. over the phone I have been advised that HO has not written any other letter neither they are waiting for any reply for my file but still no decision.

I t has been 4 months and 10 days

My employer has written twice to HO regarding my application as I had to go europe but no reply

My employer did send an email to MP in December and he had replied in first week of Jan that he has written to secretate state for further information. It has been more than 1 month that MP has not even updated.

From this post I can see that HO is writting to employers and asking more information but in my case they have not written or asked for further information.

really stressfull

FINALLY I HAVE RECEIVED THE VISA AFTER 5 MONTHS
APPROVED ON 24/02/17

Kazz
Newly Registered

Post by Kazz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:47 pm

Dear All,

I suppose it is a common practise now a days. I applied for my first tier 2 and my employer got the same long list of questions. Employer replied to the queries and now after 2 months of the reply i have been invited for the interview which is in a week time or so. Just be patient. Although i don't aim to scare anyone as i am in the same boat but don't rule out an invitation for interview.

Goodluck to all.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 am

Kazz wrote:Dear All,

I suppose it is a common practise now a days. I applied for my first tier 2 and my employer got the same long list of questions. Employer replied to the queries and now after 2 months of the reply i have been invited for the interview which is in a week time or so. Just be patient. Although i don't aim to scare anyone as i am in the same boat but don't rule out an invitation for interview.

Goodluck to all.
Hi dear Kazz,

HOWZ your interview? What questions did HO asked you? Have you got the result? I am still waiting for visa. Can you please update your interview experience? Thanks dear
Kind regards
Tom Davis

alyka25
Newly Registered

Post by alyka25 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm

tomdavis wrote:
Hi dear Kazz,

HOWZ your interview? What questions did HO asked you? Have you got the result? I am still waiting for visa. Can you please update your interview experience? Thanks dear
Kind regards
Tom Davis
Dear Tom Davis,

How long have you been waiting? My employer sent all additional information only 2 weeks ago. I guess 2-4 weeks more to wait ? :(

Best regards,
Alina

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:50 pm

alyka25 wrote:
tomdavis wrote:
Hi dear Kazz,

Kind regards
Tom Davis
Dear Tom Davis,

How long have you been waiting? My employer sent all additional information only 2 weeks ago. I guess 2-4 weeks more to wait ? :(

Best regards,

Hi Alina,

It's been around three months now I am waiting for the visa. Can you please tell me what additional information HO asked your employer? What type of questions? It would be great if you update the questions here to help everyone, if possible. Thanks
Alina

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:52 pm

alyka25 wrote:
tomdavis wrote:
Dear Tom Davis,

Best regards,
Alina

Hi Alina

It's been around three months now I am waiting for the visa. Can you please tell me what additional information HO asked your employer? What type of questions? It would be great if you update the questions here to help everyone, if possible.

Thanks

alyka25
Newly Registered

Post by alyka25 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Questions were the following:

1) Responsibilities & Duties
2) Hierarchy
3) Employment Contract
4) How do you find the clients (website for example)

3 months since the additional information has been submitted? Or since the application?

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:33 pm

alyka25 wrote:Questions were the following:

1) Responsibilities & Duties
2) Hierarchy
3) Employment Contract
4) How do you find the clients (website for example)

3 months since the additional information has been submitted? Or since the application?

Hi Alina,

3 months in total. 2 months for the additional information submitted.
Waiting and praying. Have u also been asked to submit P60 forms of all years?
Thanks

Kazz
Newly Registered

Post by Kazz » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:05 pm

tomdavis wrote:
Kazz wrote:Dear All,

Goodluck to all.
Hi dear Kazz,

Kind regards
Tom Davis

Dear Davis,

The questions were mainly based on the capability to perform the duties;

E.g, what qualification is required to perform such role, What you would be doing at your job on daily weekly monthly basis? When i told the interviewer what i would be doing. He would pick a duty and ask me how i am going to do this, can you explain it to me? So basically his aim was to check my level of knowledge and understanding.
A few questions regarding hiring process, company, why this company?

If anyone gets an interview. The main thing you should understand is that, as long as you have a genuine job and you can prove your ability to perform that job, there is nothing to worry about. I am hoping for the positive outcome of my interview,since it went well. I wish everyone all the best!

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Kazz wrote:
tomdavis wrote:
Kazz wrote:

Dear Davis,

The questions were mainly based on the capability to perform the duties;

E.g, what qualification is required to perform such role, What you would be doing at your job on daily weekly monthly basis? When i told the interviewer what i would be doing. He would pick a duty and ask me how i am going to do this, can you explain it to me? So basically his aim was to check my level of knowledge and understanding.
A few questions regarding hiring process, company, why this company?

If anyone gets an interview. The main thing you should understand is that, as long as you have a genuine job and you can prove your ability to perform that job, there is nothing to worry about. I am hoping for the positive outcome of my interview,since it went well. I wish everyone all the best!

Dear Kazz

Thank for your reply. Have I applied as a normal post or as a premium service. Did HOme Office asked any questions to your employer before your interview? Thanks

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Dear friends,

Got to know the result of one person. He got his visa extended but then again HO asked more questions to his employer even after granting visa. They are just checking the genuiness of the vacancy I guess and nothing else.

It would be fine after getting all the relevant information.
Any updates from anyone ? Please update us. Thanks

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 am

Applied dec 15 - 2016 same day service at croydon

croydon case worker requested the company for more details

sent them by post on 3rd Jan 2017

Home office visit in March 2017

Called the public office inquiries this morning, they said, application is under progress, (if that is all they can say, why not replace the human with an automated system that can read out the status ?).

My company sending an email to the caseworker to chase up on her ( absolutely rubbish pple at croydon centre) don't ever go there.

namalik
Newly Registered

Post by namalik » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:35 pm

Dear @tejalondon do mind sharing UKVI visit experience with us? what sort of questions they asked from you and employer and what docs they checked?

thanks in advance

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Do yourself a favour, don't bother going for a same day service, particularly at croydon centre. All applications are being processed in 28 days in most cases anyway.

I called the home office inquires this morning and almost borderline to swearing at them with the kind of scripted response they give. later, emailed the case worker and explained and requested for an update.
received a call from Home office saying the application has been approved and asking me to collect my documents.

namalik
Newly Registered

Post by namalik » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Dear tejalondon,

Thank you very much for the information, you said UKVI visited your employer - do you mind sharing info re this visit, what types of questions they asked and checked? from both employer and you?

thanks in advance

tejalondon

Post by tejalondon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Long as your company follows all the sponsor duties and guidelines, ther me wont be any issues.
They might ask for anything, to validate their checks. I am not too sure about the specifics.

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi all,

Any updates guys? I am still waiting for visa. Haven't heard anything from HO.

thanks

Anna_22
Newly Registered

Post by Anna_22 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi All,

Last week I had my Premium appointment at Liverpool center and got the same list of documents. I have read all of your posts in this tread, what do you guys suggest , does the visa finally gets approved after employer gives the details, what are the chances of approval, am I looking around 3months of wait time. My current stay finishes in may,,so how will i do after that, if it's on hold.

It seems like a never ending loop to me. Any reply would be really useful.

Regards
Anna

tomdavis

Post by tomdavis » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:54 pm

Anna_22 wrote:Hi All,

Last week I had my Premium appointment at Liverpool center and got the same list of documents. I have read all of your posts in this tread, what do you guys suggest , does the visa finally gets approved after employer gives the details, what are the chances of approval, am I looking around 3months of wait time. My current stay finishes in may,,so how will i do after that, if it's on hold.

It seems like a never ending loop to me. Any reply would be really useful.

Regards
Anna

Hi Anna

I am still waiting. It's been 4 months now.

Thanks