ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET_O_11 - Section 4 - Clarification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

omnamah
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SET_O_11 - Section 4 - Clarification

Post by omnamah » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:55 am

sorry Vinnie as I didn't get the reply last time thus I raised a new thread.
Also I still haven't got the answer; I repeat my question; as I Tier 1 Holder who has previously satisfied the English requirement so for ILR do I need do go for Uk NARIC Or B1? if not which option should I choose under 4.3?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:43 pm

The rules appear to be different from the guidance. You seem uncertain to believe the latter. So, for peace of mind, it's probably safest (as rules trumps guidance) to get confirmation from NARIC or B1, as specified in the rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

omnamah
Newly Registered

Post by omnamah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 am

Thanks Vinny.
No it's not about believing the latter as this board is everything for me but answer wasn't very clear as to which option I should choose for 4.3 if my overseas degree was accepted with initial application for english requirement.

I don't mind going for UK Naric or B1 but there is an extra cost.
As you said Guidance clearly advocates not to prove the English requirement again but I cant seem to find any option under 4.3

I am very sure there are other applicants who has the same situation as me and just want to know how they have handled this tricky situation.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:53 am

c0ntract0r succeeded.
sajan.chandran's wife deferred.

So, you may be right to be concerned. It may be safest to satisfy the rules rather than relying on the guidance. Get confirmation from NARIC or B1, as specified in the rules.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

omnamah
Newly Registered

Post by omnamah » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Thank you so much Vinny for your guidance.

Team, does anyone else has any other opinion or experience? please share