ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa refused - what is appeal process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Re: Spouse visa refused - what is appeal process

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:13 am

aanu0607 wrote:
Obie wrote:All Nigerian, Pakistan and until recently Indian applications, I send directly to Sheffield with all supporting documents, except passport and the original of sponsor''s passport. Copies of all supporting documents are copied.

how do you advice us to proceeds??
I will surely suggest you pursue this. Teleperformance works with UKVI, and you provided them your documents, as you were adviced to do so, they are recommeded by UKVI, and they gave you full assurance that it will be sent.

It ought to be investigated as to whether it was sent to Sheffield, if it was not then why. The fact that you received all your documents again after the decision, indicates that it must have reached the desk of the decision maker, and he or she may well have just acted vindictively.

if my above analysis is correct, then it is wholly inappropriate for a new application to be made.

I find it most troubling the cases i read here. It seem a bit unreal at times.

These applications are very costly, and it is important that people are contacted. it is explicitly provided for in the rules, and people must not fear taking the ECO on in court, and making they pay for wasted cost. The tribunal procedure rules provides for appellant to make a claim for wasted or unreasonable cost.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

aanu0607
Newly Registered

Post by aanu0607 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:21 am

Obie wrote:
aanu0607 wrote:
Obie wrote:All Nigerian, Pakistan and until recently Indian applications, I send directly to Sheffield with all supporting documents, except passport and the original of sponsor''s passport. Copies of all supporting documents are copied.

how do you advice us to proceeds??
I will surely suggest you pursue this. Teleperformance works with UKVI, and you provided them your documents, as you were adviced to do so, they are recommeded by UKVI, and they gave you full assurance that it will be sent.

It ought to be investigated as to whether it was sent to Sheffield, if it was not then why. The fact that you received all your documents again after the decision, indicates that it must have reached the desk of the decision maker, and he or she may well have just acted vindictively.

if my above analysis is correct, then it is wholly inappropriate for a new application to be made.

I find it most troubling the cases i read here. It seem a bit unreal at times.

These applications are very costly, and it is important that people are contacted. it is explicitly provided for in the rules, and people must not fear taking the ECO on in court, and making they pay for wasted cost. The tribunal procedure rules provides for appellant to make a claim for wasted or unreasonable cost.
i can not afford the luxury of waiting a long time before the appeal is reversed, is it possible to to do both appeal and reapply, i know it is very expensive but i have waited two years before this application and can not wait another extra year.

Johnson3333
Newly Registered

Post by Johnson3333 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:55 pm

@aanu0607. I've got exactly the same problem with by son's application. He was refused within a week of applying.The decision was that we have failed to provide any evidence of sponsor's earnings and employment. Sponsor's document( payslip,employment letter,dna result,tenancy agreement, pictures,letter from landlord etc)was sent to Sheffield the same date we submitted in Nigeria and received at Sheffield the next day. It's almost 3 weeks now and I've haven't received my documents back from Sheffield. I send 2 emails already but no response. Could you please give us an updated on your situation, cos I'm really confused now. Thanks

aanu0607
Newly Registered

Post by aanu0607 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:36 pm

Johnson3333 wrote:@aanu0607. I've got exactly the same problem with by son's application. He was refused within a week of applying.The decision was that we have failed to provide any evidence of sponsor's earnings and employment. Sponsor's document( payslip,employment letter,dna result,tenancy agreement, pictures,letter from landlord etc)was sent to Sheffield the same date we submitted in Nigeria and received at Sheffield the next day. It's almost 3 weeks now and I've haven't received my documents back from Sheffield. I send 2 emails already but no response. Could you please give us an updated on your situation, cos I'm really confused now. Thanks
i did the application again and he got his visa

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 am

aanu0607 wrote:
Johnson3333 wrote:@aanu0607. I've got exactly the same problem with by son's application. He was refused within a week of applying.The decision was that we have failed to provide any evidence of sponsor's earnings and employment. Sponsor's document( payslip,employment letter,dna result,tenancy agreement, pictures,letter from landlord etc)was sent to Sheffield the same date we submitted in Nigeria and received at Sheffield the next day. It's almost 3 weeks now and I've haven't received my documents back from Sheffield. I send 2 emails already but no response. Could you please give us an updated on your situation, cos I'm really confused now. Thanks
Any more details aan0607 to share please? did you re-apply or did you appeal? Did you use the priority service this time? How long did it took this time?

aanu0607
Newly Registered

Post by aanu0607 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:33 am

singhmohit wrote:
aanu0607 wrote:
Any more details aan0607 to share please? did you re-apply or did you appeal? Did you use the priority service this time? How long did it took this time?
i reapplied and used priority

submitted second application on 09/03/2017
sent documents to Sheffield: 17/03/2017
visa was issued on 11/04/2017.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:42 am

aanu0607 wrote: submitted second application on 09/03/2017
sent documents to Sheffield: 17/03/2017
visa was issued on 11/04/2017.
thanks for a quick response and many congratulations!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for my wife's visa in the meanwhile :)
cheers!