ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum/EEA2/CoA/Legacy/HumanRights/Amnesty what2do? :(

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eufreemovement

Post by eufreemovement » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:Breaking news: just been informed by barrister that the Court of Appeal is handing down its judgement in AK (Citizens Directive; AP and FP applied) Sri Lanka [2007] UKAIT 00074 next Friday. fingers crossed.....if the judgement is positive, then i ll be the happiest man on earth.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/ ... acivil.htm
NOTICES FOR JUDGMENT
Take notice that on THURSDAY, 24 JANUARY, 2008 in COURT 75, at 9:45, Judgment will be given in the following:
APPEAL
C5/2007/2210 AK (Sri Lanka) -v- Secretary of State for the Home Department.
Hope the judgement is going to be based on community law, Hope not like Tribunal Ruling which always have criticism.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:02 pm

jimquk wrote:Thirdwave wrote
freeloaders from so called 'conflict zones' elsewhere.
For example?
Jim, don`t get me started! :lol:

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:03 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:
thirdwave wrote:
Liberal Immigrant wrote:i am an Ahmadi Muslim. hope that helps?
Ahmadi=Qadiani,isn`t it? I understand you lot are subject to a lot of persecution in Pakistan..Its appalling how the HO ignores genuine cases such as yours and chooses instead to focus on freeloaders from so called 'conflict zones' elsewhere.
ahmadis = what we call ourselves
qadianis = a derogatory term used by the persecuters and preachers of hate

your understanding is correct, we ve been subjected to appaling treatment over the decades.
Sorry, wasn`t aware of that..my apologies..

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:13 pm

OP has been granted ILR recently :D so am i... :)

avacado
Newly Registered

legacy question

Post by avacado » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:05 pm

hi there,

I first should say many thanks to you Liberal Immigrant...your posts are very informative and helpful.

Our situation is as follows. My husband is an asylum seeker from 99...this sept will mark his 10th year. we met a few years back and married last year. I am a valid work permit holder until end of 2010. last year we requested a copy of his case from the home office under the data protection act and discovered although they say that he was "refused " in 2001, he was never served a letter (states it in the case as well) and was then given the right to work consectively from years following. He has been a tax payer for the past 8 years. clearly the HO has dealt with improperly...surprise surprise.

We met with our local MP and he wrote a couple of letters on our behalf . we have since found out (although only through our MP) that his case is being dealt with as a priority. We do know he is Legacy CRTS 2 as we recieved a letter from the department when we changed ouraddress.

The first MP letter went out last July and the latest letter was delivered to our MP from the HO in January, confimring his case is being dealt with as a priority (for the second time with no other info). any suggesstions on what we do next? Dont want to bombard the HO, but he has sent a heart felt letter recently detailing how he is acclaimated to UK society, job, school, wife, family (not immediate but uncle and aunt cousins, grandmothere all granted UK citizenship), no criminal record, upsatnding citizen and been contributing to society for past 8 years....

any thoughts?