ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying Tier 1 Ent. Extn to ILR 10 yrs - same day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Varying Tier 1 Ent. Extn to ILR 10 yrs - same day

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:42 pm

n8net wrote:Hi casa,

the applicant does not have any depedants at all...

I think you are referring the the other user's case who hijacked my thread.. if possible could you delete his posts in this thread to avoid confusion.

also any idea why my status had been changed from "member of standing" to "thin-ice" ?
I would like to send and receive PMs.

apologies if I have breached any forum rules which may have been unintentional.

Thanks.
No, I was simply raising the question. Posts are never deleted from the forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:54 pm

ok Casa and other Mods.. fair enough.. any update on my user statuc change..can it be changed to allow me to send and receive PM please ?

Please let me know if I am breach of any rules that led to this change..

ta

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Your current status will remain as it is for the foreseeable future.

Your PM function privilege has been withdrawn.
I think you are referring the the other user's case who hijacked my thread
Interesting :!: Have you not been doing the same thing in other topics :?:

Perhaps re-reading the forum T&Cs (all of them) again might be beneficial.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 am

well, I have NEVER internationally tagged anyone's thread as far as I can remmebr. In odd occasions, I may have asked for further info on a related thread.. for eg, if there is a thread on Tier 1 Extension decision asking for the address of the letter..and I am not sure this tantamount to "tagging". Please note, I had try to divert the discussion to my case...

But, I would like to know specifically what I did had led to my user status change. what that I have done has warranted such a punitive action ? I would have also preferred an email informing of this...

anyway, I am not going to argue with you..I will go with the flow...as I have far more important stuff like my friends case to worry about....

Can someone please let me know if there are any risks in varying a Tier 1 Ent application made in time to ILR (10yrs) ? We are currently waiting for a decision on Tier 1 Ent..if we vary we would now wait on the decision of ILR even if it is not decided same-day ? so, looks like nothing to lose here, rights etc ? Please confirm.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:46 pm

There is NO specific risk involved. I repeat again that the case of your friend seems to be complex as it has already taken 9 months and the initial assessments might have revealed certain issues regarding the genuineness of the business that required further investigations.
These potential issues could affect any future ILR application too.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Hi Zimba,

Many thanks. But I refuse to believe, there are complexities that is delaying this application. The reason being if there are such issues, I would have expected them to be raised during the interview 6 months ago.
The interview was largely a box--ticking exercise.

I strongly the believe it is purely due to being in the bottom of the back-log. We have just tried this to be expedited via local MP who is yet to respond.

anyway, since ILR is decided on the same-day and Tier 1 isn't suggests, the checks are less rigorous for ILR. does it not ? also since my friend is eligible for ILR what is the harm in applying for it as that IMHO has better chance of quick turn-around time.

Do you know of any case where people have requested for passports to be sent to a PCS when varying applications ?

we are going for this two-pronged attack as we really need to get a decision by mid April for business and personal reasons.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm

ILR is by no means always decided on the same day. :!: :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm

true...but Tier 1 Extn is NEVER decided on the same day. So, If an applicant satisfies the conditions for both categories at the same time. going for ILR is the sensible decision..no ?

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:41 am

just wanted to thanks Zimba for and th eother user for confirming the address on the other thread..could not thanks there as some draconian mod has locked it to avoid to hv one less thread to moderate. :? .it's been a hard-pull but finally got it...thanks a ton......ta