ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RTI-FPS

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: RTI-FPS

Post by seasky » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:44 pm

jafersadeq wrote:He added Starter/ Leave in the excel file, you have phobia of FPS.
exactly, so solicitors claim that home office ONLY want to see the data to calculate hours is incorrect.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 am

The whole idea of sending FPS submission to HO comes from early days of Tier 1E rules where they wanted to make sure everybody is complying with RTI. The have absolutely no idea what an accounting software does, let alone knowing the sort of gritty little details that are being pedantically discussed here. Just go and read the old guides from 2012.
The concept of an FPS report is simply a FEATURE in some payroll software and as it is completely unimportant, that is why it is NOT AVAILABLE in most Software as a feature.
It has nothing to do with the law, rules, HO or authenticity of any information. You can use Excel, or a payroll software, or even MS Paint to make FPS reports the same way you can make Payslips (Obviously using a payroll software that produces them nicely is much easier than using MS Paint but that is YOUR call) FPS report is NOT an OFFICIAL DOCUMENT in any shape or form and it not required or discussed anywhere in the law, the rules, the guide, the books, or King James Bible. The only good thing about it is that it makes FPS data fully readable.

Another point to think about: When you send the RTI FPS which is the ONLY data communicated to HMRC regrading pay, WHY then rules demands you to send the payslips TOO ?? There is ABSOLUTELY nothing in a Payslip to give HO any extra information over the FPS data and the rules still require them. If the payslip information is derived form FPS submissions, why don't anyone produce payslips in XML format too and send them to HO ??? What is the point of payslips to be readable when the ACTUAL data is in XML format ????? That must certainly be fraud and deception to prepare payslips that are readable as HMRC does NOT know what is on a payslip. The act of issuing Payslips itself must surely be a case of fudging, FRAUD, deception and mischief.

You guys need to chill and understand that HO is not running some high tech operation lab run by Austin Powers to catch the evil migrants for some made up FPS report fraud :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 am

Everything you are saying is correct, except HO has declined people for submitting their RTI FPS as it was missing some arbitrary data field (start/leave). If it was just there to make sure you submitted RTIs it wouldn't matter.

I emphasise, people came to the UK, started a business, invested, hired people, used proper payroll SW and have been declined to to this arbitrary data field.

(as mentioned in my case and I assume others porting many employees data with so many variables is not easy. if you had two employees at min wage with no extras than easy...)

Please call HO hotline (try to get different people at different times as we know hotline is not binding) and ask what to do. because the overall point is to find out if HO are OK with this fudging or not.

I called twice and they said NOT to do it (and again, maybe this is what I wanted to hear?)