ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield address issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Reggae-girl
Newly Registered
Anguilla

Re: Sheffield address issue

Post by Reggae-girl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 am

PLEASE help ! Need documents sent back asap so that I can reapply. Submitted in UK when they should have been sent to the Caribbean! Envelope wasn't labelled thanks to incompetent lawyer and GWF was not on folder. Please help

connelly6345
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by connelly6345 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi do you guys have any updates? I am in the same situation the post office rep told me to use Parcel Force due to the weight of the parcel but she wrote out the PO BOX address and she should of know parcel force doesn't use the po box, anyway they delivered it to Home Office, Vulcan House, 6 millsands sheffield s3 8nu its been signed for today I wanna know if I will receive that confirmation email off the UKVI in the next several days?

Oilypanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Oilypanda » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:54 pm

I have the same issue. The woman at the post office advised me to send the docs via parcel force as it was over 2k. Turns out parcel force DONT deliver to a PO box address which the post office should have known. I rang Parcel Force and they said that the home office has advised that if the docs cannot be delievered to the po box address they are to be sent to the portergate address at level 1, Sheffield.

My docs were sent to the portergate address yesterday and were signed for but I have no idea if this is correct or if they will get forwarded on. I tried ringing the visa team but was advised to ring a premium number. So I'm not sure ifmy docs will get forwarded on either.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 am

Its all the same building, don't worry it will reach correct department eventually.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Oilypanda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Oilypanda » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:07 am

Londoner007 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:29 am
Its all the same building, don't worry it will reach correct department eventually.
Cheers for the heads up, does that mean portergate will forward docs on to the correct department? I've tried looking for a contact number for the actual portergate building but can't find any info of the floor being occupied by a government office.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:33 am

Yes- Sheffield has a designated team who take all parcel deliveries and put them in the correct department boxes.

Its all the same building - PO BOXES are just merely used for sorting and admin purposes.

Portege is just a fancy name they used for a loading and delivery space in that area of the building. The definition of Portege is to lad and carry anyway.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Wantmyslice
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wantmyslice » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread here, but I am experiencing the same stressful situation.

I too sent my parcel via Royal Mail last week to the Sheffield PO box address - who passed it onto Parcelforce because it was over 2KG. Parcelforce redirected the parcel to the 257 Ecclesall Road address as previously mentioned.

Can someone confirm that their parcel did indeed and actually get received by UKVI?

I called UKVI two nights ago (on the premium number, costing me ~£35!), explaining the situation, and they told me they'd never heard of the Ecclesall Road address! So now I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown wondering where the Hell my evidence pack is :cry:

Thank you.

chokaschoza
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by chokaschoza » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if I can deliver supporting documents by hand as I currently live in Sheffield? Is there a possibility :?:
Spouse(Wife) Standard
App Submitted Online: 15/09/18
Bio-metrics: Lahore, PK 17/09/18
Supp Docs Sent: 18/09/18
ECO Email: 25/10/18
Docs Returned: 26/10/18
Decision: ALHAMDULILLAH !! Approved 04/12/18

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:27 pm

chokaschoza wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:15 pm
Hi all,

Just wondering if I can deliver supporting documents by hand as I currently live in Sheffield? Is there a possibility :?:
No you cannot. It is NOT a walk in centre or service. You must post the documents as the forms state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

linaeaton
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by linaeaton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello guys! I've sent my documents via Parcel Force this Monday (15th October) too and no one at the Post Office told me that they wouldn't deliver it to a PO BOX.

It shows at delivered and signed for on their website, but didn't receive any email from the Home Office.

Did you application end up being fine?

linaeaton
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by linaeaton » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Wantmyslice wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:44 pm
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread here, but I am experiencing the same stressful situation.

I too sent my parcel via Royal Mail last week to the Sheffield PO box address - who passed it onto Parcelforce because it was over 2KG. Parcelforce redirected the parcel to the 257 Ecclesall Road address as previously mentioned.

Can someone confirm that their parcel did indeed and actually get received by UKVI?

I called UKVI two nights ago (on the premium number, costing me ~£35!), explaining the situation, and they told me they'd never heard of the Ecclesall Road address! So now I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown wondering where the Hell my evidence pack is :cry:

Thank you.
Hello guys! I've sent my documents via Parcel Force this Monday (15th October) too and no one at the Post Office told me that they wouldn't deliver it to a PO BOX.

It shows at delivered and signed for on their website, but didn't receive any email from the Home Office.

Did you application end up being fine?