ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4-6 month tourist visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am not self employed, but I do work locally and have quite a lot of time off available to me. I am on a good salary and can support us no problem. She does know other people here but it is mainly to see me.

She was looking at university but the Computer Science courses seem to require advanced Maths (she is good at maths, but wasn't when she was in school) so that looks a bit bleak at the moment. I wonder if she could do an MCP (Microsoft) course instead of a Degree?

She has over 10 years experience and currently works as senior manager/IT architect for a large firm. Her credentials are good, but am not sure she would be able to get a work permit as it doesnt fit with the highly skilled migrant requirements and I believe the company has to prove they cant employ anyone from over here to do the work.

To be honest we will do whatever it takes, it is just proving to be v.difficult considering we are not trying to do anything dodgy, we just want to be together.

Thanks again