ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Help got Letter from Home Office..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chinho2k

Re: Need Urgent Help got Letter from Home Office..

Post by Chinho2k » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm

You now meet the language requirement so there is no need for any other proof apart from the Trinity College certificate.

rohit87
Newly Registered

Post by rohit87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Susheel,

May I ask when you applied for your Naturalization?

Regards

Rohit

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:41 pm

rohit87 wrote:Hi Susheel,

May I ask when you applied for your Naturalization?

Regards

Rohit

I have applied for 07th March'17 and Bio-metric have done on 18th March'17. And I have got the letter from Home office on last Thursday 13th July and dated (6th July)

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:28 pm

Hi , my understanding is bit different so it's my own personal opinion ..

IMHO , you are being asked for your degree ( Bsc / Msc ) to be equivalent to UK Bachelor degree not the english language requirement .

Call your uni , get letter saying your medium of instruction at uni was english send to UKNAIC and get Academic qualification level statement (AQUALS).

If you need additional time , request case worker with email correspondance proof that it will take few weeks etc ..

Wishing you best of luck!
Thanks

Ali

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:58 pm

aliq09 wrote:Hi , my understanding is bit different so it's my own personal opinion ..

IMHO , you are being asked for your degree ( Bsc / Msc ) to be equivalent to UK Bachelor degree not the english language requirement .

Call your uni , get letter saying your medium of instruction at uni was english send to UKNAIC and get Academic qualification level statement (AQUALS).

If you need additional time , request case worker with email correspondance proof that it will take few weeks etc ..

But I have checked the Form AN. No qualification requirement asking for BC.

The actual wording of the document as below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxx

I refer to your application for British Citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all the following original documents to this office no later then 24/07/2017.

Evidence that you satisfy the Knowledge of English Language and life in the UK requirement. You must provide BOTH an acceptable English language qualification and a life in UK test pass notification letter, as explained in the enclosed annex, in order to meet this requirement.

Your Qualification was awarded outside UK. We require academic qualification level statement from AQUALS from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification.

You must also provide the English Language proficiency statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming Degree was Taught in English.

You must reply in writing to the postal address by the date given.

--------------------------------------------------

What senior suggest !

Chinho2k

Post by Chinho2k » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:34 pm

susheel wrote:
aliq09 wrote:Hi , my understanding is bit different so it's my own personal opinion ..

But I have checked the Form AN. No qualification requirement asking for BC.

The actual wording of the document as below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxx

I refer to your application for British Citizenship. Before we can proceed further please send all the following original documents to this office no later then 24/07/2017.

Evidence that you satisfy the Knowledge of English Language and life in the UK requirement. You must provide BOTH an acceptable English language qualification and a life in UK test pass notification letter, as explained in the enclosed annex, in order to meet this requirement.

Your Qualification was awarded outside UK. We require academic qualification level statement from AQUALS from UK NARIC confirming it is equivalent to UK qualification.

You must also provide the English Language proficiency statement (ELPS) from UK NARIC confirming Degree was Taught in English.

You must reply in writing to the postal address by the date given.

--------------------------------------------------

What senior suggest !
What reply are you looking for? If you supplied your knowledge of life in the UK certificate and send your B1 certificate you will have met that requirement, the NARIC part was only because you wanted to use that as your language qualification but that failed to meet the requirements so forget that.

susheel

Post by susheel » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Now I will only post the passed Certificate of Secure English Language Test (SELT)/GESE Grade 5 (B1) with cover letter with explanation of my situation. If still they want the NARIC certificate then I will request for some more time. For Life in UK original certificate I have already sent at the time of application.